Toronto recreational program reviews

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2017 1:40 pm
[OP]
Jan 22, 2017
38 posts
12 upvotes

Toronto recreational program reviews

Anyone has any reviews on kids soccer/swimming classes in Toronto recreational programs?

Thanks
3 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2011
1123 posts
175 upvotes
We've sent the boy to swimming through parks and rec for a few years now. It works but it is slow learning. If you pay extra for the small groups they are better off but you can chose either going the more economical route which is the parks and rec or pay for private lessons which cost more but have quicker results.
The reason we've stuck with parks and rec is that it also provides him with more exercise in the winter months being in a pool which he enjoys anyway.
Alex
Mar 15, 2011
19 posts
20 upvotes
I think it depends on location of the program. I enrolled my daughter in some art classes with caregiver at three different locations and one was really bad while the others were much better and had ample supplies and variation every week.

As for swimming we were not pleased with guardian 1 swim. Not sure if it's a location issue too but basically the class was sing two songs hen go float for the remainder of the half hour.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2012
2346 posts
481 upvotes
Toronto
girlstar28 wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 9:51 pm
I think it depends on location of the program. I enrolled my daughter in some art classes with caregiver at three different locations and one was really bad while the others were much better and had ample supplies and variation every week.

As for swimming we were not pleased with guardian 1 swim. Not sure if it's a location issue too but basically the class was sing two songs hen go float for the remainder of the half hour.
Granted, Guardian 1 is an introduction level to water.
It's the basis of everything else ...
it's a 3 level program, and that's the first one.

Guardian Swim 1

• Introduction to entries and exits, submersion and breath
control, and assisted basic floats

--//
Continue with the lessons, and they quickly all catch up with what they can actually do vs what they're being taught. It's also about water safety, learning the basis and structure of the classes. Again, I'm not sure what you were expecting? Face With Rolling EyesFace With Tears Of Joy