Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Freebies

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Toronto - Sept 10. Humber River canoe event

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 10th, 2017 3:07 pm
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26216 posts
39767 upvotes
Toronto

Toronto - Sept 10. Humber River canoe event

Deal Link:
Expiry:
September 10, 2017
get there early. Rouge River one had big lineups

Q - What Rouge? I only see Etienne Brule Park on Humber River. Anyway to reserve in advance?

A - there was another free canoe event at Rouge River park that had huge, 2 hr lineups earlier this month. No advance reservations for free canoes, just show up really early if you're keen to do it.

BTW, canoe rentals in Toronto are pretty cheap on the Humber

Or these group ones to Toronto Islands
Last edited by sprung on Aug 23rd, 2017 9:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
9 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
9315 posts
7703 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
sprung wrote: get there early. Rouge River one had big lineups
What Rouge? I only see Etienne Brule Park on Humber River. Anyway to reserve in advance?
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6565 upvotes
Toronto
Yeap..two hours wait lol
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2017
3427 posts
2464 upvotes
WhatADeal! wrote: What Rouge? I only see Etienne Brule Park on Humber River. Anyway to reserve in advance?
There was a canoe event last Sunday at Rouge Beach Park as well
I wanted to attend but I can't do Sundays :(
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6565 upvotes
Toronto
ahlong wrote: There was a canoe event last Sunday at Rouge Beach Park as well
I wanted to attend but I can't do Sundays :(
It was really super busy anyway.. were u willing to wait two hours standing in the sun? ;)
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2017
3427 posts
2464 upvotes
Pochacco wrote: It was really super busy anyway.. were u willing to wait two hours standing in the sun? ;)
lol I always expect the worst for these free events... the heat wont be as bad in September :razz:
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26216 posts
39767 upvotes
Toronto
Bump - happens Sunday

Use of canoes and equipment will be limited to 30 minutes in order to give as many participants a chance to paddle throughout the day as possible.

All canoes and safety equipment will be provided for free on a first-come, first-served basis. Participants will be required to register for a paddling time. Wait times are expected for registration. Depending on availability, paddling times may occur several hours after registration.

Participants are invited to register, and then enjoy the festivities while waiting for their paddling time. Due to expected high demand, canoes may no longer be available by early afternoon.

You are welcome to bring your own canoe or kayak, however please make sure that you adhere to all of Transport Canada’s minimum safety requirements.
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6565 upvotes
Toronto
Bump.. happens today

Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6565 upvotes
Toronto
This event was slightly more well org than last time....wish they could have told us where the canoes were .I would have driven there directly instead of taking the shuttle bus back and forth..

I showed up at 9 am to get on the 10 am canoe ride.. slight delay but we finally got there.

Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6565 upvotes
Toronto
sprung wrote: As of 1015am they are now doing wristbands for Noon and lineup getting longish (about 15 people)
Aiya...didn't know u were there...I would have said hi haha Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)