Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Toronto to Singapore - $674 RT (September 2018-June 2019)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2018 11:22 am
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26011 posts
211305 upvotes
GTA

Toronto to Singapore - $674 RT (September 2018-June 2019)

Deal Link:
Flights from Toronto to Singapore are available for $674 RT (flights are available from September 2018 through June 2019. I believe they were available earlier in the year as well, but don't see an active thread about it. Very easy to find these Air Canada/United combinations on Google Flights. Note that even if the price says it's more than $674 (i.e. ~$800), when you click through to the booking site, it seems to show the $674 price.

An example:

https://www.google.ca/flights#flt=YYZ.S ... .CAD.67366
52 replies
Jul 28, 2008
37 posts
55 upvotes
calgary
nice deal. I'm taking advantage of all the recent sale prices to various asian destinations. Have done China 3x, japan, and Vietnam so far. Cheaper than flying across canada.
Feb 14, 2017
420 posts
276 upvotes
robertmay wrote: nice deal. I'm taking advantage of all the recent sale prices to various asian destinations. Have done China 3x, japan, and Vietnam so far. Cheaper than flying across canada.
Out of the 3 which was your favorite?
Sep 16, 2016
311 posts
296 upvotes
Toronto
Book with United or Book with a travel agent, it is same price.
Though travel agents may charge an additional fee for booking, which is better for traveler considering potential risks?
If we can dream it, we can make it!
Jun 30, 2013
676 posts
266 upvotes
GTA
toguy wrote: Flights from Toronto to Singapore are available for $674 RT (flights are available from September 2018 through June 2019. I believe they were available earlier in the year as well, but don't see an active thread about it. Very easy to find these Air Canada/United combinations on Google Flights. Note that even if the price says it's more than $674 (i.e. ~$800), when you click through to the booking site, it seems to show the $674 price.

An example:

https://www.google.ca/flights#flt=YYZ.S ... .CAD.67366
US $ or $CAD? I think USD
I only response to real deals, otherwise I am blank
Self Referral Tips for Koodo - Click here...
Edited by the RFD Moderation Team due to the 4 line limit
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
2538 posts
5693 upvotes
Markham
pazivai wrote: US $ or $CAD? I think USD
google.ca/flights always show prices in CAD.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes
My experience with AC has never been great. I've stopped flying with them (internationally) for a few years now.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
9299 posts
10313 upvotes
Singapore is the most boring travel destination I have ever been to. It's such an artificially clean, controlled and contrived society. The nanny state gone wrong. Plus there really isn't much to do at all there unless you're a millionnaire. Also people don't feel genuine and have this competitive vibe to them. The older Chinese residents are especially rude and always look annoyed. The younger ones are usually more approcheable and kinder.

IMO it's only worth it as a hub to visit other Asian destinations. But then again Manila offers far more dirt cheap international flights with Cebu Pacific. You can even go to Sydney for a little more than 300$. And it's far cheaper to be lodged around the Manila airport than in Singapore.

The only thing I really liked is the delicious and affordable Chinese food. But then again, other places offer it for better and cheaper.
Apr 10, 2008
531 posts
699 upvotes
Toronto
Poutinesauce wrote: Singapore is the most boring travel destination I have ever been to. It's such an artificially clean, controlled and contrived society. The nanny state gone wrong. Plus there really isn't much to do at all there unless you're a millionnaire. Also people don't feel genuine and have this competitive vibe to them. The older Chinese residents are especially rude and always look annoyed. The younger ones are usually more approcheable and kinder.

IMO it's only worth it as a hub to visit other Asian destinations. But then again Manila offers far more dirt cheap international flights with Cebu Pacific. You can even go to Sydney for a little more than 300$. And it's far cheaper to be lodged around the Manila airport than in Singapore.

The only thing I really liked is the delicious and affordable Chinese food. But then again, other places offer it for better and cheaper.
agreed. nothing but shopping. the marina bay sands and gardens by the bay are good I guess. but skip it and go to kuala lumpur instead.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 18, 2010
5960 posts
1592 upvotes
Toronto
robertmay wrote: nice deal. I'm taking advantage of all the recent sale prices to various asian destinations. Have done China 3x, japan, and Vietnam so far. Cheaper than flying across canada.
Have you seen one to Philippines?
Aug 29, 2010
554 posts
623 upvotes
glover78 wrote: Have you seen one to Philippines?
There was $430 deal from YVR to Angeles City Oct last year.
Also there are few sub 500's from yvr to mnl as well
Feb 19, 2013
336 posts
243 upvotes
How are you finding these sale prices? I've been looking for flights to asia to no avail :(
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
2050 posts
925 upvotes
HK
Poutinesauce wrote: Singapore is the most boring travel destination I have ever been to. It's such an artificially clean, controlled and contrived society. The nanny state gone wrong. Plus there really isn't much to do at all there unless you're a millionnaire. Also people don't feel genuine and have this competitive vibe to them. The older Chinese residents are especially rude and always look annoyed. The younger ones are usually more approcheable and kinder.

Agreed. It feels like going to an adult "disneyworld". I've been to SG a few times and would rank it among the lowest in SEA. Not to say one should not visit it ever, but check out other places first.
Aug 22, 2014
430 posts
306 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Deal Dead? Price shown 793, and the booking site the same.
Feb 15, 2009
496 posts
117 upvotes
Simpleray wrote: Deal Dead? Price shown 793, and the booking site the same.
Yeah, it looks like the price went up. My wildly misinformed guess is that the pricing algorithms are just reacting to the travel deal blog/RFD uptick in activity. If you aren't in a hurry just take note of the route, because I've seen the price go down below $700 several times going back to last year.

Also, as mentioned above Singapore is fun and interesting for 2 days maximum. It's definitely possible to entertain yourself for longer, but if you are just looking at touristy stuff you sort of exhaust your options pretty quickly.

This route works well as a gateway to the rest of Asia. If you are willing to play with google flights a bit, it is possible to include Singapore in a multi-stop itinerary to lower the cost of a normally expensive direct flight. For example I was toying with a Toronto-Singapore-Tokyo combination and the lowest I got was sub-$800. Sure there's more flying time and I have to add Singapore to my trip, but price difference makes it worth it to me.
Last edited by Scott Pilgrim on Sep 12th, 2018 11:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jan 14, 2003
291 posts
132 upvotes
Quebec City was Otta…

I have to back that statement as well. Was a frequent business traveller to SG and much preferred when i had to spend weekends, i'd simply fly out to Kuala Lumpur or Penang and enjoy it much more.
Feb 15, 2009
496 posts
117 upvotes
Poutinesauce wrote: Singapore is the most boring travel destination I have ever been to. ...
If you like to eat food it is definitely a great place, but yeah as a North American person the culture of rigidity and obsession with rules gets annoying. I've met people here in Canada who tout "Singaporean values", but it's obvious they've never actually been there because they are the exact same people who would be driven insane being constantly told what to do and what they did wrong lol.

It's funny that I find myself going into a nuanced explanation of such a tiny place, but it's fascinating to me how many of the experiences echo mine.
Jun 14, 2011
688 posts
2096 upvotes
$800 is the regular price for YYZ-SIN on UA, as long as your outbound date fall inside these days and there are K class available all the way. UA was running a web special to TPE/SIN for the past 2 weeks, the sale has gone for public but still available to travel agents.

PERMITTED 25DEC THROUGH 09JUN OR 16JUL THROUGH 09DEC ON
THE OUTBOUND TRANSPACIFIC SECTOR.
Last edited by gokeeper on Sep 12th, 2018 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
😝
Aug 29, 2010
554 posts
623 upvotes
Singapore is an excellent hub city to SEA especially with too notch airport and best exchange rates for practically any currency. Unfortunately however, as others pointed out, I find it boring as well... and very hot due to high humidity
Jun 14, 2011
688 posts
2096 upvotes
chinook79 wrote: Unfortunately however, as others pointed out, I find it boring as well... and very hot due to high humidity
Agree, I'd prefer TPE for the same price and far better experience.
😝

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)