Tags:
None
[OP]
Oct 28, 2008
50 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto

Toronto Star subscription

If anyone looking for newspaper at right price. I did received in mail a offer for 12 months Toronto Star 75% off 7 days home delivery.
Special weekly rate will be 1.85.
Call 416-367-4500 with offer code FEBR WAV2 or go online www.thestar.com/febrwav2 until February 29 2012
Enjoy.....
PM if required further info..
[/FONT]
31 replies
Deal Addict
May 2, 2004
2460 posts
69 upvotes
Thanks, was waiting for something like this !!!
Jun 30, 2004
479 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
Thank you very, very much OP!!! I was waiting a while for a deal like this!!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2005
5643 posts
369 upvotes
Ajax, ON
Great deal.

Says "plus GST" on the link, so I guess it would be $2.09 with HST?
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2004
2637 posts
90 upvotes
my mom snatched this up too a week or so ago. Me and my wife got it last year but realized we didn't have time to read the paper so we cancelled after the year.
Jul 23, 2007
852 posts
7 upvotes
For those interested in the National Post, they called this morning on offered $9/month. Didn't reference a code but if you want to try and negotiate.
Sep 22, 2009
510 posts
151 upvotes
Toronto
I can't help but laugh at how pathetic the Star is.. each and every day, the front page consists of some poor disadvantaged canadian who has been wronged by the system. Might as well call it the "Tissue Rag".

Nothing more than a cheap tabloid for whiners and those on the social teat.

Globe, Post and even Sun are better papers.

If it were free, I'd take it to line my dog's crate with
Jun 8, 2010
327 posts
18 upvotes
Scarborough
I can't remember if it has been 90 days since my last subscription. I cancelled the star because too many times the paper would not get delivered. This deal seems worth it to sign back up though. I wonder if they check the whole 90 days policy when you subscribe?
Deal Addict
May 2, 2006
4260 posts
714 upvotes
GTA
theguru wrote:
Feb 11th, 2012 12:52 pm
I can't help but laugh at how pathetic the Star is.. each and every day, the front page consists of some poor disadvantaged canadian who has been wronged by the system. Might as well call it the "Tissue Rag".

Nothing more than a cheap tabloid for whiners and those on the social teat.

Globe, Post and even Sun are better papers.

If it were free, I'd take it to line my dog's crate with

It's hard to take this seriously, but the current headline on the Star is actually "Video: Alanna Steinberg accused of running Internet funding scam", no sign of anyone "wronged by the system"... :D

I wouldn't call it a great paper, but they've done some commendable journalistic investigations including most recently ORNGE that have benefited the taxpayers in the province. And The Sun?? If anything deserves to be called a tissue rug, that would be it, no contest.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2005
3827 posts
542 upvotes
Markham
leolo wrote:
Feb 11th, 2012 1:11 pm
I can't remember if it has been 90 days since my last subscription. I cancelled the star because too many times the paper would not get delivered. This deal seems worth it to sign back up though. I wonder if they check the whole 90 days policy when you subscribe?

Try adding "basement apt." to the address line and if they reject you call them and tell them you're a renter.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
7569 posts
298 upvotes
Toronto
Think that I'm still paying $1 a week for 7 day delivery still.
× < >