Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Toronto to Tokyo, Japan - $627 to $662 CAD roundtrip including taxes | ANA flights

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 4th, 2018 6:48 am
Jun 14, 2011
688 posts
2096 upvotes
goovangle wrote: Flash deals do happen from time to time and this is definitely legit. Followed yvrdeals and was able to book 5 tickets for me and my friends from Vancouver to Seoul to Japan and Japan to Vancouver for under $700.

This was link I followed:
http://www.yvrdeals.com/2-in-1-and-3-in ... ding-taxes

Got confirmation # and called Air Canada to check my tickets and everything was legit and good to go.
These are different "deals", the fare you booked is airline published fare, and every reputable OTA would sell them. But this YYZ-NRT fare is definitely not published, the following quote is NH(ANA) fares in the market for March travel, lowest roundtrip base fare is 1056 CAD in W booking class. What they are doing is tricking airlines's inventory system and book into lowest K fare...

Code: Select all

16MAR18**30MAR18/NH YTOTYO/NLX;PA/TPM  6421/MPM  7705                           
LN FARE BASIS    OW   CAD  RT   B PEN  DATES/DAYS   AP MIN MAX R                
01 WLX8ZDJ8                1056 W NRF    -     1234+28+ -   6M R                
                                      S07JAN  30APR                             
02 WLXGAUJC                1086 W  +  S  -     1234+ -  -   6M R                
03 WLX0ZDJ8                1086 W NRF    -     1234+  + -   6M R                
                                      S07JAN  30APR                             
04 WLW8ZDJ8                1156 W NRF    -      567+28+ -   6M R                
                                      S07JAN  30APR                             
05 WLWGAUJC                1186 W  +  S  -      567+ -  -   6M R                
06 WLX8AUJC                1186 W  +  S  -     1234+ -  -   6M R                
07 WLW0ZDJ8                1186 W NRF    -      567+  + -   6M R                
                                      S07JAN  30APR                             
08 WLW8AUJC                1286 W  +  S  -      567+ -  -   6M R                
09 WLX47UJC                1286 W  +  S  -     1234+14+ 7+  6M R                
10 WLW47UJC                1386 W  +  S  -      567+14+ 7+  6M R                
11 VLX0ZUJC                1480 V  +  S  -     1234+  + -   6M R                
12 VLW0ZUJC                1633 V  +  S  -      567+  + -   6M R                
13 VKX0ZAJ0                1648 V NRF    -     1234+  + -  12M R                
                                      S11MAR  23JUN                             
14 VLX0OUJA       867      1734 V  +  S  -     1234+  + -   -  R
😝
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2008
2409 posts
337 upvotes
Toronto
Sweet! Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2007
2005 posts
691 upvotes
GTA
gokeeper wrote: These are different "deals", the fare you booked is airline published fare, and every reputable OTA would sell them. But this YYZ-NRT fare is definitely not published, the following quote is NH(ANA) fares in the market for March travel, lowest roundtrip base fare is 1056 CAD in W booking class. What they are doing is tricking airlines's inventory system and book into lowest K fare...
Was about to pull the trigger on a flight but will need to reconsider a bit....
Last edited by malaujai on Nov 15th, 2017 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 21, 2010
344 posts
258 upvotes
You will run into headaches if airlines do a schedule change before your departure. Those agent will most likely can’t afford to reroute you given this price. ( they need fare class k to reroute you and most likely won’t be available as we get closer to departure day)

I would assume they won’t give you a refund neither. ( or u need to chase them for months to get one)

If you frequent flyertalk.com, the advise is that buy tickets directly with airlines.

I had bad experience with Expedia in terms of schedule change also. Since then I will just buy directly from airlines. Deals come and go all the time.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2015
5405 posts
5751 upvotes
Distance: 50 Metres
khkchan wrote: You will run into headaches if airlines do a schedule change before your departure. Those agent will most likely can’t afford to reroute you given this price. ( they need fare class k to reroute you and most likely won’t be available as we get closer to departure day)

I would assume they won’t give you a refund neither. ( or u need to chase them for months to get one)

If you frequent flyertalk.com, the advise is that buy tickets directly with airlines.

I had bad experience with Expedia in terms of schedule change also. Since then I will just buy directly from airlines. Deals come and go all the time.
Bought travel insurance that covers cancelled, interrupted, missed flights
To the moon
Nov 14, 2004
115 posts
21 upvotes
$642 Mar 19-29th, seats confirmed at ANA site, K fare so no miles, fingers crossed!
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18704 posts
5739 upvotes
y2imm wrote: $642 Mar 19-29th, seats confirmed at ANA site, K fare so no miles, fingers crossed!

which website did u book?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2006
2091 posts
976 upvotes
Scarborough
Booked but forgot to check return flight so now i'm stuck using United for my return =(

Have ANA going to Tokyo though.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2007
1425 posts
1326 upvotes
This is not necessarily true. What most people (TA or sites) are published fares by the airline. There are consolidator fares that do get that low.

At the end of the day if the difference a few dollars book with airline, more book with whatever site.

Once you are at the airport the ticket becomes airport controlled so they are still required to get to you to the final destination - schedule change or not.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
16012 posts
7476 upvotes
RFD
jono454 wrote: Booked but forgot to check return flight so now i'm stuck using United for my return =(

Have ANA going to Tokyo though.
Just don't get dragged away like the doctor did. Well actually he won the lottery so...Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
1095 posts
558 upvotes
Montreal
Redsanta wrote: Bought travel insurance that covers cancelled, interrupted, missed flights
How do you get insurance?
Jun 14, 2011
688 posts
2096 upvotes
I works with almost all major consolidators in Canada and US, consolidator fares are lower in given booking class, but they will not allow you access booking class blocked / sold out by airline.
eugeneo wrote: This is not necessarily true. What most people (TA or sites) are published fares by the airline. There are consolidator fares that do get that low.
😝
Aug 1, 2011
371 posts
374 upvotes
Canada
At these prices, I think it's worth trying :)

Credit card trip cancellations/interruption should cover most schedule issues I believe (if due to weather).

Also please try to avoid United, probably the worst Airline I've ever flown even way prior to all the controversy.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2006
2091 posts
976 upvotes
Scarborough
CoconutPie wrote: At these prices, I think it's worth trying :)

Credit card trip cancellations/interruption should cover most schedule issues I believe (if due to weather).

Also please try to avoid United, probably the worst Airline I've ever flown even way prior to all the controversy.
Agreed.

United is like the third world country of airlines.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
2031 posts
280 upvotes
I can't seem to find any actual ANA flights on March (most have ANA on the logo but is actually operated by United).
Jan 11, 2013
133 posts
188 upvotes
Toronto
Did anyone book with BookAirfare at this price and were able to confirm with ANA?
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2006
2091 posts
976 upvotes
Scarborough
PiusPatronus wrote: I can't seem to find any actual ANA flights on March (most have ANA on the logo but is actually operated by United).
Have you checked to Haneda?

I did Mar 20 to Apr 10 and i saw a few where it was ANA for the long haul and some randoms for smaller flights
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
2031 posts
280 upvotes
jono454 wrote: Have you checked to Haneda?

I did Mar 20 to Apr 10 and i saw a few where it was ANA for the long haul and some randoms for smaller flights
Using momondo or skyscanner?
May 7, 2015
281 posts
271 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
PiusPatronus wrote: I can't seem to find any actual ANA flights on March (most have ANA on the logo but is actually operated by United).
Like another person said, Haneda airport is often ANA. I decided the bite the bullet and book on FareBoom for March 28 - April 18th. You can hover on a little icon for the seats and if the flight to Tokyo says "Above average seat size/length" (can't remember the wording) this is ANA. Only ANA and JAL flights have these roomy economy seats (as far as I've seen and my experience with booking to Japan).

Another thing I do is compare the flight time and try to find the identical flight on Google flights (but it'll show as more expensive). That's one of the safest ways to know who is operating the flight. Once again, you should see that the seats have above average size. That being said, JAL (and possibly ANA) also have aircraft with standard seats. Flight JL7 comes to mind. I'll update once I get the final confirmation from FareBoom and can confirm the tickets with ANA that the fares are legit.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
2031 posts
280 upvotes
nymira wrote: Like another person said, Haneda airport is often ANA. I decided the bite the bullet and book on FareBoom for March 28 - April 18th. You can hover on a little icon for the seats and if the flight to Tokyo says "Above average seat size/length" (can't remember the wording) this is ANA. Only ANA and JAL flights have these roomy economy seats (as far as I've seen and my experience with booking to Japan).

Another thing I do is compare the flight time and try to find the identical flight on Google flights (but it'll show as more expensive). That's one of the safest ways to know who is operating the flight. Once again, you should see that the seats have above average size. That being said, JAL (and possibly ANA) also have aircraft with standard seats. Flight JL7 comes to mind. I'll update once I get the final confirmation from FareBoom and can confirm the tickets with ANA that the fares are legit.
Did you use momondo or skyscanner to get to the fare prices?