Hot Deals

Toronto to Tokyo, Japan - $627 to $662 CAD roundtrip including taxes | ANA flights

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2017 10:19 am
Oct 19, 2007
745 posts
82 upvotes
Montreal
Redsanta wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 3:11 am
Bought travel insurance that covers cancelled, interrupted, missed flights
How do you get insurance?
Jun 14, 2011
506 posts
1880 upvotes
I works with almost all major consolidators in Canada and US, consolidator fares are lower in given booking class, but they will not allow you access booking class blocked / sold out by airline.
eugeneo wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 12:46 pm
This is not necessarily true. What most people (TA or sites) are published fares by the airline. There are consolidator fares that do get that low.
Aug 1, 2011
43 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
At these prices, I think it's worth trying :)

Credit card trip cancellations/interruption should cover most schedule issues I believe (if due to weather).

Also please try to avoid United, probably the worst Airline I've ever flown even way prior to all the controversy.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2006
1654 posts
286 upvotes
Scarborough
CoconutPie wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 1:19 pm
At these prices, I think it's worth trying :)

Credit card trip cancellations/interruption should cover most schedule issues I believe (if due to weather).

Also please try to avoid United, probably the worst Airline I've ever flown even way prior to all the controversy.
Agreed.

United is like the third world country of airlines.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
1813 posts
143 upvotes
I can't seem to find any actual ANA flights on March (most have ANA on the logo but is actually operated by United).
What happens in RFD, stays in RFD
Jan 11, 2013
16 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Did anyone book with BookAirfare at this price and were able to confirm with ANA?
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2006
1654 posts
286 upvotes
Scarborough
PiusPatronus wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 1:38 pm
I can't seem to find any actual ANA flights on March (most have ANA on the logo but is actually operated by United).
Have you checked to Haneda?

I did Mar 20 to Apr 10 and i saw a few where it was ANA for the long haul and some randoms for smaller flights
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
1813 posts
143 upvotes
jono454 wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 2:29 pm
Have you checked to Haneda?

I did Mar 20 to Apr 10 and i saw a few where it was ANA for the long haul and some randoms for smaller flights
Using momondo or skyscanner?
May 7, 2015
19 posts
9 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
PiusPatronus wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 1:38 pm
Like another person said, Haneda airport is often ANA. I decided the bite the bullet and book on FareBoom for March 28 - April 18th. You can hover on a little icon for the seats and if the flight to Tokyo says "Above average seat size/length" (can't remember the wording) this is ANA. Only ANA and JAL flights have these roomy economy seats (as far as I've seen and my experience with booking to Japan).

Another thing I do is compare the flight time and try to find the identical flight on Google flights (but it'll show as more expensive). That's one of the safest ways to know who is operating the flight. Once again, you should see that the seats have above average size. That being said, JAL (and possibly ANA) also have aircraft with standard seats. Flight JL7 comes to mind. I'll update once I get the final confirmation from FareBoom and can confirm the tickets with ANA that the fares are legit.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
1813 posts
143 upvotes
nymira wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 2:40 pm
Like another person said, Haneda airport is often ANA. I decided the bite the bullet and book on FareBoom for March 28 - April 18th. You can hover on a little icon for the seats and if the flight to Tokyo says "Above average seat size/length" (can't remember the wording) this is ANA. Only ANA and JAL flights have these roomy economy seats (as far as I've seen and my experience with booking to Japan).

Another thing I do is compare the flight time and try to find the identical flight on Google flights (but it'll show as more expensive). That's one of the safest ways to know who is operating the flight. Once again, you should see that the seats have above average size. That being said, JAL (and possibly ANA) also have aircraft with standard seats. Flight JL7 comes to mind. I'll update once I get the final confirmation from FareBoom and can confirm the tickets with ANA that the fares are legit.
Did you use momondo or skyscanner to get to the fare prices?
May 7, 2015
19 posts
9 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
PiusPatronus wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 2:41 pm
Did you use momondo or skyscanner to get to the fare prices?
I searched first through Momondo but I couldn't see the ANA flight I wanted anymore so I went directly to FareBoom and found it there. I actually just got my ticket confirmation with FareBoom so I still have to follow up with ANA but it should be them operating. I fly into (and out) of Haneda instead of Narita.

EDIT: Just confirmed the e-ticket on ANA. It's official :D
Last edited by nymira on Nov 15th, 2017 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 7, 2015
19 posts
9 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
EvanFBC wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 2:59 pm
Why did you choose FareBoom
It was the one that kept coming up in my searches on Momondo and Skyscanner. There's a couple of other companies that were showing up too - depends when you search. From what I was seeing online, it seemed reasonably safe, and I paid with a CC that cover trip interruptions which is often where you can run into issues when booking through a 3rd party. I also made sure to take a flight with a longer layover in Chicago.
Dec 16, 2015
722 posts
324 upvotes
Canada
Hmm interestingly my cc charge shows 3 parts:

Air nippon airways
Insurance
Travel agent

Looks like i got charged directly by ana?
May 7, 2015
19 posts
9 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Redsanta wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 3:24 pm
Hmm interestingly my cc charge shows 3 parts:

Air nippon airways
Insurance
Travel agent

Looks like i got charged directly by ana?
Who did you book with? I know when I booked it advised me that I might see at least 2 parts depending how the airline wants it charged, but that the total of all the charges should equal your invoice.