Hot Deals

Toronto to Tokyo, Japan - $627 to $662 CAD roundtrip including taxes | ANA flights

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2017 10:19 am
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2006
1654 posts
286 upvotes
Scarborough
PiusPatronus wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 2:37 pm
Using momondo or skyscanner?
Momondo but i saw only after i drilled deeper into Faregeek.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2006
1654 posts
286 upvotes
Scarborough
nymira wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 3:29 pm
Who did you book with? I know when I booked it advised me that I might see at least 2 parts depending how the airline wants it charged, but that the total of all the charges should equal your invoice.
I got billed by ANA just once for the total amount that was showed for me.
Jul 2, 2007
800 posts
23 upvotes
Ended up booking it through airfarenetwork. Got my 6 digit alphanumeric reservation # (and can see my details on the ANA site), but have yet to get my e-ticket.

I emailed them about it and they said they are verifying my credit card and once that has gone through they will issue the ticket, etc. Just checked my CC and see a $1.27 pending charge so I guess that's them (I haven't seen the charge for the actual tickets yet)

edit: got charged on my card by "Air Nippon Airways" (funny though cause the category it's listed under is "Air Nipon Airways" with a typo...)
Last edited by malaujai on Nov 15th, 2017 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 9, 2011
177 posts
23 upvotes
Coquitlam
Possible to fly from Vancouver to Tokyo using this deal? Looking to go some time in mid-March for a couple weeks.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
1813 posts
143 upvotes
Just booked with BudgetAir, came to around $740 CAD per person for a round trip.
What happens in RFD, stays in RFD
Jun 3, 2016
21 posts
44 upvotes
rishu_pepper wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 4:26 pm
Possible to fly from Vancouver to Tokyo using this deal? Looking to go some time in mid-March for a couple weeks.
This deal only works on flights originating from Toronto but keep an eye out on http://www.yvrdeals.com/ , theres always deals like this every other month from YVR to NRT via ANA, China Eastern or AC.
Mar 9, 2011
177 posts
23 upvotes
Coquitlam
goovangle wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 6:01 pm
This deal only works on flights originating from Toronto but keep an eye out on http://www.yvrdeals.com/ , theres always deals like this every other month from YVR to NRT via ANA, China Eastern or AC.
I've been watching it like a hawk for the last 4-5 months but nothing yet, maybe too soon for March 2018. Hopefully something pops up soon as I'd like to confirm the tickets within 3 months.

If it's multi-city (add HKG) would it be better to search on momondo or directly on the flight company website?
Jun 3, 2016
21 posts
44 upvotes
Usually I keep a price tracker on Google Flights and it will notify me when price drops during my desired dates ( March 2018 in your case).

I actually recently booked a trip to Japan and added Korea and Taiwan for no additional cost, for $670 taxes in with Air Canada for international legs and Cathay Dragon for domestic legs.

Posted Sept 13, 2017 - http://www.yvrdeals.com/2-in-1-and-3-in ... ding-taxes

Posted Sept 20, 2017 - http://www.yvrdeals.com/vancouver-to-to ... ding-taxes

Posted Oct 22, 2017 - http://www.yvrdeals.com/vancouver-to-to ... op-flights

Gotta keep your eyes out and book fast, as deals often only last for a few hours ;)
Images
  • Trip.png
Nov 22, 2014
286 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
Huh? Your itinerary pic says you staying in korea for 3 days and taiwan transit flight for a few hours. HK for a few hours and Japan for a little more than a week. Seems like a really bad schedule/deal compared to what others got from Sept/Oct.
Jun 3, 2016
21 posts
44 upvotes
redflagkiller wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 7:11 pm
Huh? Your itinerary pic says you staying in korea for 3 days and taiwan transit flight for a few hours. HK for a few hours and Japan for a little more than a week. Seems like a really bad schedule/deal compared to what others got from Sept/Oct.
Had to add Taiwan in to get the deal (has to be 3 in 1) but didn't want to spend any time there since I've been there 2 times already... the 6 hour break in between will give me enough time to get a traditional Taiwan meal in before flying out to Japan though ;) Also been to Korea this year already so I wanted to spend as much time in Japan as possible!

For the days I selected, direct flights from Taiwan to Japan without a layover in Hong Kong costed around $120 extra, so I opted for the layover instead :) Still a smoking hot deal imo.

Edit: To clarify, I was able to do an even split (6 days in Korea, 6 days in Japan and a few days in Taiwan) and still get the deal, I just personally preferred a shorter period in Korea, no time in Taiwan and all the time in Japan.
Mar 12, 2004
700 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto, ON
gokeeper wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 1:10 pm
I works with almost all major consolidators in Canada and US, consolidator fares are lower in given booking class, but they will not allow you access booking class blocked / sold out by airline.
Is it possible that the OTAs have different Point of Sale and they have access to fares that you wouldn't? I am not a travel agent but I know enough as a frequent flyer.
Not sure about ANA but some asian and south American airlines routinely do that.
Mar 12, 2004
700 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anyone who booked the ticket has access to a copy of the fare rules? It seems bookairfare.com does not display the fare rules or booking class at all.
May 7, 2015
19 posts
9 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
ericw wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 8:30 pm
Anyone who booked the ticket has access to a copy of the fare rules? It seems bookairfare.com does not display the fare rules or booking class at all.
This was United, and then then Chicago > Haneda (Tokyo) operated by ANA. https://pastebin.com/pL4Az3Lb Let me know if that wasn't what you were looking for.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2003
9245 posts
856 upvotes
$609pp
YOW ORD HND YVR YOW. ANA flights with UA and AC for the NA portion.

So hot.
Dec 21, 2010
64 posts
16 upvotes
Seems most people believe their credit card travel insurance covers them in case the tickets bought thought these unheard of agents go haywire. Let me try to explain what credit card covers

Trip cancellation - generally if you becomes very sick, you lost your job, etc before your trip starts - you are covered. You can claim back the non refundable fares or hotel booking. You will need a doctor note to substantiate your claim.

Trip interruption - during your trip, you become very sick or something happen back home, you are covered. Insurance will pay change fee or just buy you a new ticket home. You will also need doctor note

Trip delay - during your onward journey you miss a connection that results into arriving your destination 4 or 6 hours later than original scheduled arrival time - your are covered in case you need to get a hotel room, buy a book to read, have additional meals at airport. You will need an airline delay certificate for the claim. Similar for baggage delay insurance.

The scenario here is that if the travel agent somehow unable to honor the ticket before the trip starts, no insurance will cover this. This is just a merchant dispute and you can probably do a charge back if you are within the statutory day limit ( believe it is 90 days)

I don’t think any insurance will reimburse you are full price walk up fare on another airlines just to let you start your vacation on time. Even if they do, there is a max limit of about $1000 per person that any last minute full fare will most likely exceed that.