Hot Deals

Toronto to Tokyo, Japan - $627 to $662 CAD roundtrip including taxes | ANA flights

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2017 10:19 am
May 7, 2015
19 posts
9 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
unshavenyak wrote:
Nov 16th, 2017 11:10 am
I'm seeing some in 2018 for $1,000 per ticket, but it's a far cry from the $640 posted.
Oh the $1400 was for the person asking for Dec 15th to Dec 18th. There are still lots of $600-700 fares, at least from Ottawa, for the cherry blossom season in 2018. I managed to snag mine for $705 for March 28th-April 18th. I wanted to leave more for the 30th and come back on the 20th but it was a fair bit more expensive.

EDIT: Looks like flights from Pearson and YOW are back up over $1k for the March/April timeframe
Last edited by nymira on Nov 16th, 2017 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
1511 posts
343 upvotes
nymira wrote:
Nov 16th, 2017 11:44 am
Oh the $1400 was for the person asking for Dec 15th to Dec 18th. There are still lots of $600-700 fares, at least from Ottawa, for the cherry blossom season in 2018. I managed to snag mine for $705 for March 28th-April 18th. I wanted to leave more for the 30th and come back on the 20th but it was a fair bit more expensive.
Where did you find it? I'm looking at Pearson for April 3rd to 17th and they're all coming up as $1k+ for ANA.
Mar 9, 2011
177 posts
23 upvotes
Coquitlam
goovangle wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 6:54 pm
Usually I keep a price tracker on Google Flights and it will notify me when price drops during my desired dates ( March 2018 in your case).

I actually recently booked a trip to Japan and added Korea and Taiwan for no additional cost, for $670 taxes in with Air Canada for international legs and Cathay Dragon for domestic legs.

Posted Sept 13, 2017 - http://www.yvrdeals.com/2-in-1-and-3-in ... ding-taxes

Posted Sept 20, 2017 - http://www.yvrdeals.com/vancouver-to-to ... ding-taxes

Posted Oct 22, 2017 - http://www.yvrdeals.com/vancouver-to-to ... op-flights

Gotta keep your eyes out and book fast, as deals often only last for a few hours ;)
Thanks for the pointers. I do have Google Flight alerts but yea they never alert me for these excellent prices. I would have jumped on that $640 deal for direct ANA. They are the best airline I have flown and there have been plenty (20+ trips to Japan). Hopefully will see some price drops in the next few months.
May 7, 2015
19 posts
9 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
unshavenyak wrote:
Nov 16th, 2017 11:56 am
Where did you find it? I'm looking at Pearson for April 3rd to 17th and they're all coming up as $1k+ for ANA.
You're right, prices have gone back up now. I wouldn't be too worried if you're looking for April. In the last couple of years, closer to Black Friday and early December, the rates for ANA and JAL have both dipped to around $585-650 for the March/April season. Last booking I did for our 2016 Japan trip was done on December 1st 2015, and that was after passing up some even better deals around Black Friday (and kicking ourselves for it).
Mar 9, 2011
177 posts
23 upvotes
Coquitlam
nymira wrote:
Nov 16th, 2017 12:18 pm
You're right, prices have gone back up now. I wouldn't be too worried if you're looking for April. In the last couple of years, closer to Black Friday and early December, the rates for ANA and JAL have both dipped to around $585-650 for the March/April season. Last booking I did for our 2016 Japan trip was done on December 1st 2015, and that was after passing up some even better deals around Black Friday (and kicking ourselves for it).
Interesting. When we went on our last big trip in March 2016, I booked way back in August 2015 that got me the $6xx price, direct ANA to HND from YVR.

I'll be sure to keep an eye out next week and see what's up. I've lived in Japan and been there too many times, but there's always more things to see and do and eat there!
May 7, 2015
19 posts
9 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
rishu_pepper wrote:
Nov 16th, 2017 12:01 pm
Thanks for the pointers. I do have Google Flight alerts but yea they never alert me for these excellent prices. I would have jumped on that $640 deal for direct ANA. They are the best airline I have flown and there have been plenty (20+ trips to Japan). Hopefully will see some price drops in the next few months.
I'm with you about Google Flight alerts... I've been having them on constantly since mid-2015 for Japan (both for March/April months, since that's when we prefer visiting, as well as anytime), and they never get the real actual drops. I think they only pick up on actual published rates by the carriers. Kayak has been the most successful for me, as well as Skyscanner.
Nov 26, 2015
54 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto, ON
So I booked as soon as I saw it for mid December time with FareDepot for around $700, the booking said it was ANA, but they were actually operated by United when I checked on the ANA website using the reservation number.

Got the booking confirmation and security charge on my card, but didn't manage to send it to them within the time-frame and they apparently auto-cancelled the tickets. The reservation number no longer works on ANA flight now.

The fares are now no longer available. So I'm probably looking at booking elsewhere.

Anyone who booked with FareDepot and got their e-tickets yet?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1585 posts
302 upvotes
Gatineau
good deal but I dont wanna transfer in the US :(
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2010
1785 posts
179 upvotes
nymira wrote:
Nov 16th, 2017 10:31 am
I can't find anything better than $1400; tried a bunch of different sites. As a heads-up (incase you haven't flown to Asia), yes it's an incredibly short trip, but also you don't get there until the following day in their local time. So if you leave the 15th, you actually usually arrive the evening of the 16th, and then fly out the 18th in Tokyo, but also arrive on the 18th in Canada. So you're there for less than 2 days (your only full day is the 17th and a good chunk of the 18th).
This is exactly what I wanted. I just need to be there for half day. I've been to Tokyo 4 times this year alone
Nov 14, 2004
91 posts
6 upvotes
bookairfare.com, itinerary/seats confirmed on ana site
Nov 17, 2014
223 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Booked my flight, had 59 mins to make connection in ohare..
They've since changed it to 42 mins - how screwed am i?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2003
9247 posts
856 upvotes
samuraizero wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 1:04 am
Good luck. My wife, MIL (in wheelchair) and infant had a 1h45m connection at ORD to HKG on United. Normally that would be ok. Flight was delayed by 1h so essentially 45m to make the connection.

They made it.. but barely.

Tips:
- Get the arrival gate attendant to call ahead to the departure gate. Once confirmed, RUN. They won't wait long.
- Sit near the front of the plane as much as you can.
- Put your overhead carry on near the front as well so you can run up to the front ASAP and grab it.

10 bucks you won't make it.
Last edited by taro-chan on Nov 20th, 2017 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
May 7, 2015
19 posts
9 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
samuraizero wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 1:04 am
Last time I did this same flight was 2016 but our experience was I think almost 1.5 hrs from landing to the connection gate. First, we were landed but stuck on the tarmac for 30 minutes (which is common for O'hare I've heard). Then there was the terminal change and security. Missed our 1 hr 20 min connection to Ottawa :(
Feb 27, 2015
608 posts
315 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I had a 45 min connection to Hawaii.

Check to see if you need a terminal change or not.

If not, you might be ok.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2003
9247 posts
856 upvotes
nymira wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 1:04 pm
Last time I did this same flight was 2016 but our experience was I think almost 1.5 hrs from landing to the connection gate. First, we were landed but stuck on the tarmac for 30 minutes (which is common for O'hare I've heard). Then there was the terminal change and security. Missed our 1 hr 20 min connection to Ottawa :(
Well, you had to do security because it was an international destination to US. In his case, he clears US customs in Canada so there will be no need to go through security. If it is UA connection to UA/ANA, you *can* make that connection provided there are no delays. I would not do an international destination layover in ORD without at least 3hrs or a Nexus card.