Food & Drink

Toronto: What is a good place to buy samosa?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 11th, 2005 3:33 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2004
1232 posts
20 upvotes

Toronto: What is a good place to buy samosa?

Im craving for some now :lol:
21 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4988 posts
1 upvote
trini wrote:Gorgon, i heard there was a sri lankan place somewhere in the markham/scarlem area that sells them 5 for $1 the line up is mad but it real good for the price.
This is the word from a hot chinee thing i know.
wow tht is a good price. :eek: The best price around here is 4 for a loonie and even then most raised the prices to 3 for a loonie.

how big are the samosas anyways. the ones around here are a good size of a small fist, or a tennis ball size.
Oct 28, 2002
967 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
Gorgon, i heard there was a sri lankan place somewhere in the markham/scarlem area that sells them 5 for $1

I believe the place is called Embassy. Great samosas there!!!
Apr 27, 2004
319 posts
3 upvotes
goldenegg wrote:I believe the place is called Embassy. Great samosas there!!!
Embassy Rest. should be @ the NE corner of Middlefield and Finch Ave..in a plaza...5 for a buck

Theres one in the Middlefield and McNicholl Ave plaza NE corner as well..Dunno what the place is called. its 3 for a buck but they are huge..

All are veggie samosa..

Theres more but i dunno wanna type..Try those places first..lolol

Good eats..
Nov 18, 2004
365 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
Ok what's the difference between Embassy and A1 sweets?

I did have good samosa from that plaza but I forgot which store I bought it from.

BTW samosas are that cheap. For some reason some places like to sell them for 60 cents each (talking about the small ones).

This place at mc cowan and sheppard is decent but the shell is way too bready. I think they are about 80 cents each but they give you dipping sauce.
Banned
May 5, 2005
13286 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
Dominions have Beef, Chicken, and Veggie Samosa for 1.20-something for ONE. Seems popuplar.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2004
1232 posts
20 upvotes
is there a difference with indian and jamican?
Nov 3, 2003
333 posts
2 upvotes
N1_EVO wrote:Embassy Rest. should be @ the NE corner of Middlefield and Finch Ave..in a plaza...5 for a buck
IMO, that's the best place to get samosas in Toronto. Or at least Scarborough. It's cheap and they taste awesome.

I know fancy places offer that green stuff and sweet sauce for your samosas. I've never inquired into whether Embassy has them but it really adds flavour to your samosas. If you know what i'm talking about. I don't really know what the green stuff and the red/sweet sauce is called.
"All life fears death but lives only to die." - FFIX
"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for thou art with me" - Psalm 23:4
"Loyalty above all else, except honour."
----------------------------
Heatware: [Fallen Angel]
Banned
Feb 15, 2004
10735 posts
4 upvotes
Mississauga, ON (9th…
Mystix wrote:is there a difference with indian and jamican?

Jamaican ones are usually called Jamaican Patties.
I've never had one before, I've seen people eating and at stores, aren't they usually yellow.
May 27, 2004
848 posts
105 upvotes
Albion/Islington has some good ones too. There's a few places on the NW corner just north of the Royal Bank. There's one thats my absolute fave though because his samosas don't have all crazy kinds of masala (spices) in them. Plus his Imlee chutney (Tamarind dipping sauce) is awesome.

I don't remember the restaurant's name, it's beside Chicken Cabana...and last I remember he sold them 4/$1. They're made a bit different because I think he uses a machine press to mold them instead of the traditional hand folding way.
Banned
Feb 15, 2004
10735 posts
4 upvotes
Mississauga, ON (9th…
pakmode wrote:Albion/Islington has some good ones too. There's a few places on the NW corner just north of the Royal Bank. There's one thats my absolute fave though because his samosas don't have all crazy kinds of masala (spices) in them. Plus his Imlee chutney (Tamarind dipping sauce) is awesome.

I don't remember the restaurant's name, it's beside Chicken Cabana...and last I remember he sold them 4/$1. They're made a bit different because I think he uses a machine press to mold them instead of the traditional hand folding way.
Brar.....right?
× < >