Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2012
1785 posts
693 upvotes

Total War: Rome 2

Anyone pick this up yet?

I've always been a fan of the total war games, Rome 1 was probably my favorite, So I'm really looking forward to getting into Rome 2

So far it seems to run very smooth and I'm finding the battles especially feel good compared to past games.

I'm still getting used to the interface, I didn't like what they did with shogun 2 especially with town management and Rome 2 is the same way. I'd also like the rome 1 and midieval 2 style unit portraits rather than the weird artwork they use but I guess that doesnt matter.

One thing I'm trying to figure out, is when you are in a campaign, the faction overview shows the other houses and stuff and their influence within the roman faction, etc. I presume the goal is to have your house be more dominant than the other houses? Does that actually affect anything? Is it part of the victory conditions or give you some bonus if your house gets majority control of the senate?

I do kinda like it at first glance though. I didn't like how in Rome 1 if you played as one house the other 2 houses had armies and were outright rival factions.
2 replies
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2007
10206 posts
1465 upvotes
Mississauga
RFD 43-0-0
Ebay 39-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2012
1785 posts
693 upvotes
Yeah im sure it has issues. They'll patch it

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)