• Aug 17th, 2010 3:14 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Aug 25, 2005
524 posts
10 upvotes
Mississauga

Toto toilets

I need to replace our toilets. We are thinking of Toto and have identidied a model based on MAP score.We have visited a number of dealers where pricing seems to be about same between them.
Any suggestions of dealer names who may less the toilets for less than "regular price"
62 replies
Nov 25, 2002
417 posts
18 upvotes
I just called around and asked dealers for the prices. Here is a quick summary I found for the Toto Drake (round).

Taps (some lady) - $399 for toilet & regular seat ($20 more for soft close seat)

Mississauga Tile Centre (some lady) - $490 - toilet only (LOL)

Roman Bath (David Elkind) - $415 for toilet and soft close seat
$438 for elongated version

Camiko Tiles & Stone - $409 (Eco version) - includes toilet and soft close seat
$439 (Eco elongated) - includes toilet and soft close seat

Hope that helps.
[OP]
Aug 25, 2005
524 posts
10 upvotes
Mississauga
aznrock2000 wrote:
Jul 29th, 2009 2:52 pm
I just called around and asked dealers for the prices. Here is a quick summary I found for the Toto Drake (round).

Taps (some lady) - $399 for toilet & regular seat ($20 more for soft close seat)

Mississauga Tile Centre (some lady) - $490 - toilet only (LOL)

Roman Bath (David Elkind) - $415 for toilet and soft close seat
$438 for elongated version

Hope that helps.
Thanks for the pricing. You can see the variability.
Taps and Roman Bath prices are good. Previously I had been quoted $70 for a soft close seat.
Oct 24, 2008
134 posts
11 upvotes
If you are not picking it up from the store directly, you might want to take delivery charges into account. We found between Ginger's and Roman Bath, the price of the Toto we looked at came out the same. In the end, we went with Tapworks as they had it for the same price, but delivery was included as we were using them to do some plumbing already.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2002
4014 posts
31 upvotes
Ensure they quote the price with seat and ask that it is the same model number. You can get the same toilet with different options. The two that come t mind for Toto are the sani-gloss and insulation (both options are worth buying).
[OP]
Aug 25, 2005
524 posts
10 upvotes
Mississauga
synaptech wrote:
Jul 29th, 2009 7:41 pm
Ensure they quote the price with seat and ask that it is the same model number. You can get the same toilet with different options. The two that come t mind for Toto are the sani-gloss and insulation (both options are worth buying).
Synaptech,
What do you mean by "insulation" . I know about sani-gloss
Thanks for the info on delivery .. I forgot about it completely.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
2471 posts
75 upvotes
fhirji wrote:
Jul 29th, 2009 9:25 pm
Synaptech,
Thanks for the info on delivery .. I forgot about it completely.
i think he means Lined tank
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2002
4014 posts
31 upvotes
fhirji wrote:
Jul 29th, 2009 9:25 pm
Synaptech,
Maybe it's called lined, as RA says. It stops condensation on the tank. It's a feature I purchased only because the non-lined one wasn't available, but now I wouldn't buy a tank without.
Apr 5, 2009
133 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
I would recommend a place called Camiko in Scarborough. Pricing is not always what they put on the product. If you visit them you should ask what the prices are. Bought two elongated Drake with soft close seats for $360 + taxes last year. Mind you, buying them from the US and driving it over is a lot cheaper.

http://www.camiko.com/contacts.html
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2005
14833 posts
1497 upvotes
kwk87061 wrote:
Jul 30th, 2009 12:05 am
I would recommend a place called Camiko in Scarborough. Pricing is not always what they put on the product. If you visit them you should ask what the prices are. Bought two elongated Drake with soft close seats for $360 + taxes last year. Mind you, buying them from the US and driving it over is a lot cheaper.
There are a couple stores in Scarborough which offer pretty good Toto pricing. A couple years back we bought 2 Toto toilets from one of them - I'll try to find the name of the place.

Camiko is a good store to deal with - I bought a Grohe shower set a couple months back from them for a pretty good price.

Taps, Ginger, etc. can be very expensive in comparison to some of the smaller shops.
Nov 25, 2002
417 posts
18 upvotes
Just updated with Camiko Tiles pricing as well. They only carry the Eco version which I am not sure about.
Dec 8, 2006
167 posts
7 upvotes
set yourself up as a contractor and buy directly from plumbing supply stores (the same ones that sell fittings and pipe to plumbers). My boss saved about 40% over buying retail simply by going in and acting as his own general contractor.
Sep 9, 2003
742 posts
54 upvotes
Calgary
if I recall from the terrylove.com forums (good plumbing forum) American Standard copied the Drake internal design in their Cadet 3 toilet. So that's a cheaper option unless you are set on Toto.
Signs you're a postwhore:
1) You say "I got that cheaper", but don't say where, or when.
2) Your post contains less than 5 words.
3) Your post contains more than 5 words, but none of them are about the topic of the thread.
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2005
14833 posts
1497 upvotes
malbadon wrote:
Jul 30th, 2009 1:19 pm
if I recall from the terrylove.com forums (good plumbing forum) American Standard copied the Drake internal design in their Cadet 3 toilet. So that's a cheaper option unless you are set on Toto.

I went with an American Standard Champion 4 One Piece Elogated and I am very happy with it. It cost approximately 365.00 + 45.00 for a soft close seat from HomeDepot.ca.

Unfortunately there's limited stock in the GTA, a couple months back Newmarket HD had a pallet left.

Special order, the toilet is like 650! :(

Saying that, Toto toilets are more refined than the American Standard toilet, but I really like the flushing power of the Champion 4 :D
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
2471 posts
75 upvotes
coolspot wrote:
Jul 30th, 2009 2:44 pm
I went with an American Standard Champion 4 One Piece Elogated and I am very happy with it. It cost approximately 365.00 + 45.00 for a soft close seat from HomeDepot.ca.

Unfortunately there's limited stock in the GTA, a couple months back Newmarket HD had a pallet left.

Special order, the toilet is like 650! :(

Saying that, Toto toilets are more refined than the American Standard toilet, but I really like the flushing power of the Champion 4 :D
there arent any left anywhere because they have been recalled due to a few different defects
malbadon wrote:
Jul 30th, 2009 1:19 pm
if you do buy the cadet 3, be prepared to deal with american standards crappy warranty system, as you will be replacing the poorly designed flappers every year
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
× < >