• Mar 4th, 2009 12:43 pm
Tags:
None
Feb 14, 2004
815 posts
50 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH

Tough interview questions

Hi, how would you guys answer the following questions?

Please use an example from your past experience when you successfully handled a situation of conflict between co-workers?

What motivates you to work in a call centre environment and why do you think you are suited to the stress levels and flexibilities required in this kind of environment?
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 6, 2003
8452 posts
7 upvotes
truthfully and with as much detail as required.
People who are in my gang: Nikita, Spidey, weedb0y, jcoltage, deep, pitz, Sylvestre, Icedawn, 3weddings, Ambermoon, CSK'sMom, jazzsax, bokep, matdwyer, Dash, KorruptioN, angekfire, sxz, WontonTiger, YYZFA, king_george, 45ED, sxz, Ojam

*WE GONNA GIT YOU!
Dec 23, 2005
126 posts
22 upvotes
Tell them you gave one of the co-workers a knife.

Nothing could motivate me to work in a call center again! Worked in one for 3 years and it slowly killed me! I got yelled at for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. That was until I figured out the night shift got no calls :)
Jan 4, 2007
33 posts
pcboy wrote:
Mar 4th, 2009 11:25 am
Hi, how would you guys answer the following questions?

Please use an example from your past experience when you successfully handled a situation of conflict between co-workers?

What motivates you to work in a call centre environment and why do you think you are suited to the stress levels and flexibilities required in this kind of environment?
First one:

I would speak with each employee individually, privately, and ask why they feel that they have a conflict with the other employee, and how they feel this can be overcome. Once I have spoken with both, I would sit down with them both at the same time and explain that I completely understand that there are often instances where people just do not get along, for what ever reason. However, this is a professional environment and although I don't expect them to get along like best friends, they have to keep the lines of communication open, act professionally and cordial with one another and act as a team. Conflict in any workplace often creates a ripple affect and it is very detrimental to everyone around them and the customers they are supporting. I would then ask them both what I could to do, to help them.

Second one (Here's my nice, interview answer, if I were rep):

This may sound cliche, but I really enjoy working with people; I truly enjoy helping people out. I get satisfaction in turning around a potentially bad call, into a call where the customer's questions were answered correctly and they go away satisified with the results. There are some customers that are very upset and frustrated, but they are not upset with you, but possibly with the company or the situation. A CSR cannot take anything personally, because the customer is not directing their anger at you, they are usually just venting and you happen to be on the front lines. I realize this and let most things roll off my back. I empathize - put my self in their shoes, try to understand why they are upset. A lot of the time, it may be due to their lack of understanding, or even possibly a language barrier. I let the customer vent, to speak their mind, all the while maintaining control of the call and the flow of the call, to utimately guide it to a resolution. I would explain everything to them, to the best of my abilities, and try my best to make them happy. I try to go above and beyond the usual, mundane customer service experience.

Now, here's a question I was asked on my last interview, for a Customer Service Manager. This was a new one for me: "give me an example where your manager gave you a task which you disagreed on and what happened"
× < >