• Last Updated:
  • Jul 14th, 2018 2:05 pm
[OP]
May 14, 2008
237 posts
17 upvotes
Ottawa

Tours from Hong Kong

Hey everyone, how much ball park if I fly to Hong Kong, and then book a tour with some travel company to goto Japan for a few days. I'd be travelling with my wife and 4 year old as well. and wondering if it's possible to get a one way ticket to Japan instead of flying back to Hong Kong

I've heard anecdotaly that it's way cheaper to book in Hong Kong then it is from here.
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
9002 posts
1657 upvotes
Somewhere
The two biggest tour companies in Hong Kong are Hong Thai and Wing On. You can check their website to get a ballpark figure for tours to Japan.

I took a quick glance at their website and they don't seem to have an English option. You could find their phone number and give them a call?
:confused:
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
6513 posts
2235 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
The problem with these tour agencies is they make their money by bringing you places you don't want to go. They bring you to some so-called educational seminar which is really just an infomercial type place where they try to peddle you stuff to buy. When you do get to the actual tourist attraction, your exploring time is greatly reduced because you spent all your time at the previous place being peddled merchandise.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
1693 posts
371 upvotes
Everywhere
Why don't you book everything yourself and do self guided tours? If they have Airbnb there are also 'experiences' you can book.

I use Ctrip, which is also known as trip.com, they charge your card in Canadian dollars. I quickly looked at fares from HKG to Tokyo in August, it was about C$180 one way on a budget airline. One caveat about budget airlines is baggage. Most allow 10kg of cabin baggage but you will pay a lot for checked baggage.

Singapore is another cheap destination from HKG. It is about one way $100. Scoot Airlines is another discount airline with good fares. I flew from Singapore to Sydney Australia (an eight hour flight) for $160 one way.

PS. When I hear "ballpark" I think of baseball. Smiling Face With Open Mouth You can watch a baseball game in Tokyo if you're a fan.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
4372 posts
248 upvotes
Markham
Where do you plan to go in Japan for your tour(s)? While intimidating at first, it was surprisingly easy to get around after getting acquainted with their transit system in the bigger cities. Smaller cities off the beaten path may prove to be a little more challenging but not impossible for a non-native speaking tourist. You may want to consider that if you like planning!

It all goes without saying, a wifi hotspot or data SIM is a must for getting around!!!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)