Pets

Toy options for a massive beast that loves to destroy toys?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 5th, 2017 4:54 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
14726 posts
3786 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU

Toy options for a massive beast that loves to destroy toys?

So I have a 90-95lb labradoodle that loves to destroy every toy put in front of him

I've looked into tough toys and seems like there's very limited selection. Only thing he won't destroy in less than a week is a deer antler....but those aren't really interactive toys...more of just a chewing device

I just purchased a goughnut small green ring toy and have yet to get it....I'm thinking it might be too small for him but the good thing is that it has a lifetime warranty. The goughnut max ring is like $100 on amazon...LOL

Any ideas of reasonably cost effective toys for a beast of a dog? Thanks.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
14 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2012
2346 posts
479 upvotes
Toronto
No, nothing.
I know this first hand. Also, I don't recommend overuse of the antler or your dog will have nubs for teeth in a couple of years. Again, I learned this the hard way with my first Doberman who was strongest chewer I've ever come across.

Your dog requires more mental stimulation. Chewing is like a soother for a baby. It's a calming behaviour (self soothing) and by the sounds of it, your dog could use a lot more mental work, from you. Time to start working your dog!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
14726 posts
3786 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
ok thanks for the tips. We do try and get him out to run every day but he still has a fair bit of energy at times. I appreciate the guidance.
Firebolt wrote:
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2012
2346 posts
479 upvotes
Toronto
nasa25 wrote:
Aug 17th, 2017 3:43 pm
ok thanks for the tips. We do try and get him out to run every day but he still has a fair bit of energy at times. I appreciate the guidance.
Running/park run ect isn't what I meant by mental work. You should google dog brain exercises ect
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2011
3149 posts
552 upvotes
London
Agree with Mrs. P.

No matter how much we walk our GSD she still has to play a brain game each night to get tired.

Ours and her fave is 'find it' - we take dried liver or a chopped up denta stick, put her in a room for a few minutes then hide the pieces all over the place, trying to mix up the spots. Then we let her out and she happily spends however long finding them. Then when she gives up and lies down we do 'inspection' and walk around with her to make sure she got them all or help her find any she missed.

Then she gets another small piece to signal game over, good girl.

Sometimes it totally tires her out, sometimes not but it takes a huge bite out of what she needs for her brain.

She used to also like rolly ball (I screwed that up a little by mistake and we're getting her back into it) but it's good too -
https://www.bedbathandbeyond.ca/store/p ... 7IQAvD_BwE
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
14726 posts
3786 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
iEyeCaptain wrote:
Aug 25th, 2017 9:27 am

y u no doctor yet
If the game comes with that hat, I’m in for 20.
Firebolt wrote:
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
8715 posts
1483 upvotes
Somewhere
nasa25 wrote:
Aug 25th, 2017 11:26 am
If the game comes with that hat, I’m in for 20.
y not turn ur dog into a literal hypebeast..

:confused:
Aug 1, 2006
54 posts
22 upvotes
Planet Dog makes really nice toys, but very expensive in Canada. My dog loves the Planet Dog Orbee-Tuff Cosmos Sol ball, 60.00 on Amazon.ca but 20.00 on Amazon.com
Deal Addict
May 14, 2009
4434 posts
218 upvotes
One of my dogs is medium sized and she tends to rip through everything. The toys we've had the most luck with are Chuck It balls (the original, the one that bounces weirdly, the glow in the dark one, etc.) and toys from the Zogoflex company. They likely wouldn't stand up to chewing as they aren't chew toys, but if you're looking for interactive toys, I'd recommend them. She also loves the Chuck It 'soccer ball' like balls but her teeth bite through the canvas when she retrieved them; however they've held up because she doesn't sit there and chew on them.

Another thing we learned is that how we introduce the toy or use it with her makes a difference in how she understands she's allowed to use it. We didn't introduce some stuffed toys properly and I'm sure you can guess what happened in about 4.2 seconds. We tried again and treated the toy more like a fetch toy and now we can leave it around the house and she doesn't even chew on it.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
14726 posts
3786 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Bull Dog wrote:
Aug 25th, 2017 9:16 pm
Planet Dog makes really nice toys, but very expensive in Canada. My dog loves the Planet Dog Orbee-Tuff Cosmos Sol ball, 60.00 on Amazon.ca but 20.00 on Amazon.com
Thanks I was looking at those last week and they come highly reviewed. My dog loves the goughnuts even though it’s just a little donut shaped toy. I’m shocked he cares about it but it seems to be $30 well spent. The large goughnuts at $100 is a joke a half, cost wise.

Hopefully the planet dog stuff goes on sale sometime on amazon.ca
Firebolt wrote:
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
14726 posts
3786 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
amz155 wrote:
Aug 26th, 2017 9:19 am
One of my dogs is medium sized and she tends to rip through everything. The toys we've had the most luck with are Chuck It balls (the original, the one that bounces weirdly, the glow in the dark one, etc.) and toys from the Zogoflex company. They likely wouldn't stand up to chewing as they aren't chew toys, but if you're looking for interactive toys, I'd recommend them. She also loves the Chuck It 'soccer ball' like balls but her teeth bite through the canvas when she retrieved them; however they've held up because she doesn't sit there and chew on them.

Another thing we learned is that how we introduce the toy or use it with her makes a difference in how she understands she's allowed to use it. We didn't introduce some stuffed toys properly and I'm sure you can guess what happened in about 4.2 seconds. We tried again and treated the toy more like a fetch toy and now we can leave it around the house and she doesn't even chew on it.
Thanks for the advise. The zogo stuff is also something I’ve looked at. I’m keeping an eye on them price was via Amazon.ca

My labradoodle does enjoy the chuck it balls and tends not to destroy them actually. We lose more of those balls in the forest than through him chewing them lol
Firebolt wrote:
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
14726 posts
3786 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Just scooped the last medium of this orbee toy for $21. Not a bad deal

Planet Dog Orbee-Tuff Diamond Plate Double-Tuff Toy, Small, Orange https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01025O3E6/ref ... Ozb2SJAQ2Y
Firebolt wrote:
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2012
4719 posts
1201 upvotes
Space
Kong extreme toys are good. My dogs are power chewers and they hold up very well surprisingly.