Automotive

Toyota Dealerships. Where to go for maintenance?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 27th, 2016 8:23 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 16, 2013
1 posts
1 upvote

Toyota Dealerships. Where to go for maintenance?

If you use Toyota dealership for your car maintenance, where do you go?

So far I have used:
Toyota Scarborough - This is where I bought the car but the service and parts there are more expensive then from the other dealerships. Although regarding parts, you can always negotiate. ("If you don't sell me this for that price i'll just go get it from the other dealership" - it usually works). I did oil change there once. No issues with their services.
Toyota Meadowvale - Maintanance is more expensive. I had my wheel covers broken after their service and 3 of them fell off after one month. Didn't like their personnel either.
Toyota Woodbine - Lower prices for some parts and service. Didn't like the adviser though, constantly pushing me some crap service the car doesn't need. The lady supervising them told me that the adviser was new and he doesn't know everything yet.
Toyota Yorkdale - Optimal prices and service that I've found so far. I'll probably take my car there next time. However, any maintenance experience with Toyota dealerships appreciated.
Thanks.
13 replies
Aug 15, 2014
485 posts
132 upvotes
Newmarket
My parents have been going to Newmarket Toyota for the last 5 years for a 2010 Venza...only thing they've done was oil change ...did our own breaks it's now at 120k km without any issues
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
13493 posts
2087 upvotes
Toronto
I have been to the following Dealerships for service for my 2002 Camry, 2012 Camry and 2014.5 Camry:

Pickering Toyota - Closest to my home. I would rank their service 7/10. The last few things I have done there they did a pretty poor job:

- Alignment was done but the steering was not reset so it felt very stiff
- Did an oil change but they overtightened the oil filter and broke my housing.
- Charges $3 to top off washer fluid but NEVER tops it off. Always tells me they filled it but the level is the same as when I took it in. I tell them don't bother topping it off and they say that the $3 charge is part of the base costs.

Whitby Toyota:

- Went there a few times and their service seems to be good. Not overcharged and very helpful. Ranked 9/10

Stouffville Toyota:

- Went there for an oil change and they seem to do a decent job. Ranked 9/10

Toyota On The Park:

- Went there a few times and their service seems to be good. Not overcharged and very helpful. Ranked 9/10

Things I tend to avoid doing at the Stealerships:

- Brake Service or Brake Replacement - They charge way too much compared to Independent garages and do a piss poor job.

- I NEVER do their scheduled service as it is just a cash grab. Open the hood, look at things, change oil, rotate tires, check air pressure, charge $200. Get serious!

BTW if any dealership damages anything, hold them accountable! Don't let some rookie oil change mofo damage your car and get away from it.

Car Batteries - FAQ, General Information, Tips & Tricks

My Cell Phone Providers: Koodo Mobile and Zoomer Wireless
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
51221 posts
15857 upvotes
For those who have no issues with their Toyota's and just go for routine maintenance, how do you know if the service department / mechanics were good and competent?

Also, I thought dealerships when with billable book rates, how do they overcharge besides possibly providing the wrong diagnosis?
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
17691 posts
1767 upvotes
Woodbridge
I don't.

Go to iGarage.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2007
4831 posts
358 upvotes
Longway wrote:
Jan 10th, 2016 1:08 pm
If you use Toyota dealership for your car maintenance, where do you go?

So far I have used:
Toyota Scarborough - This is where I bought the car but the service and parts there are more expensive then from the other dealerships. Although regarding parts, you can always negotiate. ("If you don't sell me this for that price i'll just go get it from the other dealership" - it usually works). I did oil change there once. No issues with their services.
Toyota Meadowvale - Maintanance is more expensive. I had my wheel covers broken after their service and 3 of them fell off after one month. Didn't like their personnel either.
Toyota Woodbine - Lower prices for some parts and service. Didn't like the adviser though, constantly pushing me some crap service the car doesn't need. The lady supervising them told me that the adviser was new and he doesn't know everything yet.
Toyota Yorkdale - Optimal prices and service that I've found so far. I'll probably take my car there next time. However, any maintenance experience with Toyota dealerships appreciated.
Thanks.
Wow that's most of GTA area. If you have that time and don't require dealership you may be better with an independent garage, such as T-Lex
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
13493 posts
2087 upvotes
Toronto
arm2000 wrote:
Jan 25th, 2016 1:14 pm
Wow that's most of GTA area. If you have that time and don't require dealership you may be better with an independent garage, such as T-Lex
I been taking my cars to T-Lex for several years and now they charge as much as the dealership. I will be trying iGarage next time.

Car Batteries - FAQ, General Information, Tips & Tricks

My Cell Phone Providers: Koodo Mobile and Zoomer Wireless
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2007
4831 posts
358 upvotes
hightech wrote:
Jan 25th, 2016 1:33 pm
I been taking my cars to T-Lex for several years and now they charge as much as the dealership. I will be trying iGarage next time.
I know but they don't overcharge. They only fix and charge what is broken not pushing anything unnecessary.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
51221 posts
15857 upvotes
Last time I was there, Basil of T-Lex had a $70 or $80 /hour billing rate. Has he bumped it to $120/hr to match dealerships? Maybe T-Lex bills actual time instead of a fixed schedule, sometimes driving the cost up to dealership levels?
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
39711 posts
5907 upvotes
King City
A family member has been taking the 14 Corolla to Aurora Toyota Scion up until November of last year. Will be switching to iGarage or Seven Auto now.
Proud to be an Indian.
1767 posts
187 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Toyota Oakville.

Manny is great. I find the other people try to get you to spend as much as possible.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2015
2860 posts
769 upvotes
Toronto, ON
djemzine wrote:
Jan 25th, 2016 4:00 pm
A family member has been taking the 14 Corolla to Aurora Toyota Scion up until November of last year. Will be switching to iGarage or Seven Auto now.
Seven Automotive is great! Been going there for the past year and a half.