Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 15, 2008
5 posts
Canada
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote:
Jan 16th, 2016 8:44 pm
Get the Pathfinder. More room and more deals to be had since no one really buys them.
thanks. Not sure if should take it positively or just sarcasm :confused:
Nov 30, 2005
704 posts
141 upvotes
Makee sure you see both in person. I initially was considering the highlander but with the 7 seater config, there was barely any trunk space so if you think you will be able to carry anything in addition to a full pax load, think again. Think long and hard how you intend on using the vehicle and how often u really will have 7 ppl because you might be a lot happier with a suv that can seat 5 but have loads more trunk space. The styling on the highlander was pretty boring and borderline ugly in person tbh but thats personal taste. The highlander xle, not even limited trim was pushing 47k otr so theyre not cheap at all. For alittle more, you can easily go Q5 like i did or X3. If you need to carry 7 and stuff, consider a minivan too.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2012
1033 posts
529 upvotes
Burlington
The new Pathfinders are fine. It's become fashionable to beat up on them for poor reliability but complaints about the 2015 are minimal since they tweaked the software for the CVT. The reviews are certainly not "consistently poor" by any stretch. It's a good vehicle, and can be had for way less than the Highlander as demand is much lower.
Feb 10, 2015
606 posts
227 upvotes
The 4Runner is available with a third row. Id get that.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
1977 posts
454 upvotes
Whitehorse
Ask an independent garage how much a break job incl new calipers is on each vehicle. It will give youan idea of part costs.
Oct 21, 2010
155 posts
16 upvotes
peano wrote:
Jan 15th, 2016 4:55 pm
Did you look at the 2015 Mazda CX-9? I got mine for $33,800 all in (and that's with 13% HST in Ontario). GS version FWD with heated seats and backup camera. To add AWD and leather (luxury package) was I think $2,000.
Impressive price, could't even got a CX-5
Penalty Box
Dec 25, 2004
2276 posts
223 upvotes
ourpalace wrote:
Jan 27th, 2016 8:52 am
Impressive price, could't even got a CX-5
I thought so. It also included remote start and towing package with 3500 lb capacity. I love the V6 in it. So far I am getting 12l/100km. It drives like a dream. No admin charge, full tank of gas and a 3/5/7 year unlimited km warranty are icing on the cake.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2007
1155 posts
419 upvotes
DanTh3Man wrote:
Jan 26th, 2016 11:28 pm
The 4Runner is available with a third row. Id get that.
the 4Runner also starts at a 10k premium.

The new highlander looks nice. I would perfer it over the pathfinder. But you could probably get a sweet deal on the pathfinder. How long are you planning on keeping the car for? if for around 5 years, then consider the pathfinder. If 10 years, then highlander.
- Insert Something here so you will be able to recognize me.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
41316 posts
5053 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
A neat feature of the Highlander is that the middle seat of the 2nd row is removeable. Thus turning them into captains chair!
This will give you easy access to the rear seats. If you have small children... You can put in 2 baby seats and have a little nook people can squeeze through if they need to use the 3rd row... Which is small. But its okay for an average sized person. If you're really tall over 6 feet... or really big boned, you'll be struggling back there.
But for a 5'8 buck 80 guy like myself... I fit fine! But I wouldn't want to be there for a drive over 30 minutes... haha
Apr 18, 2011
312 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto
I would go for 4Runner in your case. I drive a Pathfinder and I do not recommend it.
May 29, 2007
450 posts
109 upvotes
Toronto
I don't think the Pilot is much more than the Highlander so I would get that. I've always liked the 4Runner but they're expensive.