Toyota/Honda Dealership near Oakville

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 18th, 2019 7:48 pm
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2004
12894 posts
13091 upvotes

Toyota/Honda Dealership near Oakville

Ontario peeps, anyone got experience good or bad to share on Toyota/Honda dealership in Oakville and surrounding area? Especially services?

Looking at a mid $20K Civic or Corolla hatch that price negotiation doesn't really matter as long as the service department is reliable and no BS.
6 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
2276 posts
809 upvotes
Etobicoke
Why would you waste your money with taking a car that even monkeys can service to the dealership.
Banned
Aug 3, 2005
1235 posts
1177 upvotes
If you're planning to buy a civic/corolla, dont service it at the dealer.

The one huge benefit of these econ boxes is anyone can service them for fractions of what a dealer would charge you.
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
18020 posts
7061 upvotes
Toronto
If you are looking for a new vehicle, just email the fleet managers of all the dealers in the 100 KM area for the best price.

Then you can find a dealer to take the vehicle to if you choose or an independent mechanic. I have gone to Milton Toyota and Georgetown Toyota and have had good experiences with them.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2004
12894 posts
13091 upvotes
durrsak wrote: Why would you waste your money with taking a car that even monkeys can service to the dealership.
It won't be for me, it'll be for someone that's totally illiterate on cars and I'm 4000km away.

So sometimes dealership brings in some consistence if they are good.

Out of 5 Honda and 5 Toyota dealerships in Calgary, only 1 of each have good service dept, rest are aholes.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1578 posts
816 upvotes
GTHA
Take my post with a grain of salt as my experiences are somewhat dated and generally there is frequent change in dealership staff & ownership. That said …

We have an ’07 Sienna bought new from the US and imported. All warranty work (IIRC 3-4 occurences) was done at Erin Park Toyota in Mississauga - they never gave me any hassle wrt vehicle origin and I was quite impressed when they were able to troubleshoot and fix an electrical short circuit. For routine service I only had oil changes done there until the van was out of warranty and always politely refused any service packages when offered, without further pressure. If I were to buy another Toyota that’s where I’d go first (understanding that things may have changed since). It seems like a stable operation.

I’ve not heard good things about Burlington Toyota and have not heard anything about Oakville Toyota.

We also have a ’14 Civic purchased from Oakville Honda. I’ve only had oil changes done there while the car is under warranty. I decline service packages when offered and they don’t push. Last oil change done there was last year. Service desk (and sales) personnel have changed quite a bit within the past few years. Dealership is owned by the Dilawri Group.

I’ve also purchased an ’02 vehicle from Halton Honda (obviously a dated experience) and they were OK but I like Oakville Honda better.

YMMV
Dec 1, 2014
278 posts
308 upvotes
Burlington, ON
Xtrema wrote: Ontario peeps, anyone got experience good or bad to share on Toyota/Honda dealership in Oakville and surrounding area? Especially services?

Looking at a mid $20K Civic or Corolla hatch that price negotiation doesn't really matter as long as the service department is reliable and no BS.
@Xtrema - I've dealt with Milton Honda, Halton Honda, and Oakville Honda. By far I was able to negotiate the best value for a new car (including my trade-in) with Oakville Honda.
PM me if you want the Sales Rep I worked with. My extended family also bought a van from the same sales rep after my referral.

I found Halton Honda not willing to negotiate at all and Milton Honda was OK but didn't give a good trade-in offer.