Automotive

Toyota lacking some...creativity. New 2013 Avalon.

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 6th, 2013 2:28 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 7, 2012
265 posts
77 upvotes
6ix
Toyota makes the most boring cars to drive lol. Also, the Avalon doesn't resemble the Sonata Hybrid that much, if you want to see something funny, look at the 2009-11 Genesis sedan back end, then look at the 2013 Honda Accord's back end.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
Pro wrote: I don't agree with you at all.

Maybe you haven't seen these yet, but take a look at these two editions of the Avalon and tell me what you think.

DUB edition
ROFLCOPTER, "DUB edition" :lol:

I'll tell you what I think alright. Lame. As. Hell. So lame in fact, that it's hilarious :lol:

Fo sho, it's an Avalon for those that ride around the mean streets of Detroit or something :lol:

Is that actually an "edition" or some kind of photoshop/intarweb joke? Because it sure seems like a joke.

Put some big wheels on it, black out the Toyota sign, remove the grille (making some unsightly blank space to show the bumper insulation, and the radiator/condenser?); also highlight the fact that there isn't a grille by making a white border around where it used to be. Then call it "DUB edition".

Street cred for the Avalon. Definitely. :rolleyes:

:lol:
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
2133 posts
128 upvotes
GTA
ES_Revenge wrote: ROFLCOPTER, "DUB edition" :lol:

I'll tell you what I think alright. Lame. As. Hell. So lame in fact, that it's hilarious :lol:

Fo sho, it's an Avalon for those that ride around the mean streets of Detroit or something :lol:

Is that actually an "edition" or some kind of photoshop/intarweb joke? Because it sure seems like a joke.

Put some big wheels on it, black out the Toyota sign, remove the grille (making some unsightly blank space to show the bumper insulation, and the radiator/condenser?); also highlight the fact that there isn't a grille by making a white border around where it used to be. Then call it "DUB edition".

Street cred for the Avalon. Definitely. :rolleyes:

:lol:
You better believe this is the real deal:

[IMG]http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com ... on-628.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://asset1.cbsistatic.com/cnwk.1d/i/ ... 20x411.jpg[/IMG]
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
572 upvotes
While not a looker..it looks much better than any MB or BMW sedan out there now.

the new 3/5 series is just disgusting and MB ? rofl...
Deal Fanatic
Mar 15, 2005
6024 posts
1873 upvotes
Toyota needs to stop making such ugly cars.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
Lulz, because you just know all the age 60+/retired people buying Avalons will want a riced out version, complete with big wheels, slammed suspension, and subwoofers taking up most of the trunk.

Anyway that looks more like a show car (SEMA, etc.) than an actual trim level from Toyota. Please tell me you won't be able to walk into a Toyota dealer and buy the car that way? Because with all the 3 sales they're going to get with that trim package, they'd have to be out of their mind to actually offer it.
Dec 27, 2012
3 posts
CALGARY
i would recommend the kia optima v.s. those two vehicles, better bang for your buck.d
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
2133 posts
128 upvotes
GTA
ES_Revenge wrote: Lulz, because you just know all the age 60+/retired people buying Avalons will want a riced out version, complete with big wheels, slammed suspension, and subwoofers taking up most of the trunk.

Anyway that looks more like a show car (SEMA, etc.) than an actual trim level from Toyota. Please tell me you won't be able to walk into a Toyota dealer and buy the car that way? Because with all the 3 sales they're going to get with that trim package, they'd have to be out of their mind to actually offer it.
It is SEMA - look at the model in the red top on the second pic. Lol, she comes with the car.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2008
1177 posts
31 upvotes
Sarnia
I like it but then I guess I'm an old man now in my mid-50's.. But I always liked big cars even when I was in my teens. I went out on a limb in 1975 to buy a brand new Buick Electra 225 because the writing was on the wall that they were to be "downsized" and I didn't want to miss my chance of ever owning one brand new. The 75 & 76 Electra was the longest car that GM ever produced in their history and even exceeded the similar Cadillac Deville in length by about 1/2 inch. It was like floating on a cloud down a marshmallow highway but it went like snot when you goosed it.
Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding. Proverbs 17;28
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2007
1124 posts
182 upvotes
Whitby
Yes there is stylistic ripoffery in the auto industry. Part of this is due to three simple things:
-Crash and pedestrian impact regulations restricting overall vehicle dimensions
-Sheer number of combinations of styling elements already done before in the hundred some odd years of car designs
-Aerodynamics of radically different styling elements and cost to design and validate them
-Cost of manufacturing and validating radically different styling elements

In a nutshell: Its all been done before already, and why spend millions designing, testing, and creating tooling for a fender with 3 crinkles in it when you can tweak your existing one with 2 crinkles.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2012
1962 posts
2910 upvotes
Toronto
dd' wrote: Factory riced but similar old-man performance.

Toyotas are like microwaves - they do their job but unless you live in the 80s, nobody's gonna be impressed that you have one.
I don't buy my car to impress people. That's what insecure people do...they try to impress others with flash and bling.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
13378 posts
8308 upvotes
Brampton
ichibansan wrote: I don't buy my car to impress people. That's what insecure people do...they try to impress others with flash and bling.
So you drive a Geo Metro?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)