• Nov 17th, 2017 12:48 am
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2006
4623 posts
445 upvotes
Calgary
meepsheep wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 3:58 pm
Did you guys actually try buying gift cards? I'm pretty sure it won't work. The staff are pretty strict on that stuff.
the promo specifically is a $10 promo card for buying a $50 gift card.... what is there to be strict about?
Jul 26, 2015
396 posts
200 upvotes
Toronto
edit: nevermind, didn't see other post
wow this is a steal lol
Aug 6, 2009
280 posts
79 upvotes
I just did this earlier today and I shared my experience in the expired hot deals post.

I'd like to post how it went through for those who missed it. I bought 7 x $50 gift cards and received 7 x $10 savings card. I purchased $370 worth of stuff (Graco 4ever car seat and 2 toys) and received another $50 in savings card for buying $200+ baby stuff. I also applied 10% discount to that purchase.

In the end, I paid $350 and received $120 back in savings card for future purchases.

Here's the interesting thing. It looks like the $10 savings card can all be used for one transaction as per the back of the card, "...May be combined with other coupons.." If that's the case, then this is all worth it.

Hope that helps.
Aug 24, 2011
783 posts
439 upvotes
London
So if I want to get the $90 Switch Pro controller, what's the most savings I can obtain?

The $10 card and $15 coupon are for different dates so can't combine them unfortunately.
Feb 22, 2009
220 posts
138 upvotes
Montreal
RiftOfChaos wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 5:32 pm
The $10 card and $15 coupon are for different dates so can't combine them unfortunately.
Can we buy a gift card with the $15 ISPU coupon to be used at a later date with the 10$ savings card ?
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2008
1252 posts
202 upvotes
olwe wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 4:50 pm
I just did this earlier today and I shared my experience in the expired hot deals post.

I'd like to post how it went through for those who missed it. I bought 7 x $50 gift cards and received 7 x $10 savings card. I purchased $370 worth of stuff (Graco 4ever car seat and 2 toys) and received another $50 in savings card for buying $200+ baby stuff. I also applied 10% discount to that purchase.

In the end, I paid $350 and received $120 back in savings card for future purchases.

Here's the interesting thing. It looks like the $10 savings card can all be used for one transaction as per the back of the card, "...May be combined with other coupons.." If that's the case, then this is all worth it.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for the update. Going to do the exact same thing today. Hope it goes just as smoothly.
Drin wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 5:54 pm
Can we buy a gift card with the $15 ISPU coupon to be used at a later date with the 10$ savings card ?
I don't believe the $10 promo card deal is available online... in-store only. I was hoping that I could all this online but think I need to go in anyway to buy the gift cards.
Jun 29, 2017
81 posts
151 upvotes
Just a heads up - if you were thinking of redeeming air miles for an e-voucher to toys r us, the system appears to be down for the weekend. I redeemed this morning, received a confirmation email, but no e-voucher. Resending usually works, but gives errors. After a half hour chat, support said all their systems are currently down and best plan is to wait and see, or contact them Monday after 12 pm.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2006
3374 posts
33 upvotes
Milton
olwe wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 4:50 pm

Hope that helps.
How did you get the 10% off discount?

Aug 6, 2009
280 posts
79 upvotes
evanx wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 3:57 pm
How did you get the 10% off discount?
By joining their R Club. They send you a 10% discount code that is applicable on regular and sale priced items.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
1204 posts
189 upvotes
Mississauga
I just bought 5x 50 GC and got the 5x $10 cards. No issues. Came home and picked up the MB Acros which is on sale -10% RClub. Now I will return the same set I got last week during their F&F as this was almost 40 cheaper.
Mar 16, 2010
79 posts
15 upvotes
Oshawa
I had a similar experience.
To start the process, I ordered a $4 lego set for in-store-pick-up. When I arrived at the store 30 min. later, I was able to pick up the lego and a $15 off coupon at the ISPU counter, where the rep also let me make the gift card and a different in store purchases simultaneously. So, I was able bypass the huge normal register line and pick up the regularly priced $150 Voltron set "for my daughter" on sale at $105, with $15 off $75, and 2 x $10 off coupons, so approximately $150 down to $70, but I'll have to use two of the coupons later.
Thanks for posting!
Apr 12, 2016
19 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
icon02 wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 9:41 pm
I had a similar experience.
To start the process, I ordered a $4 lego set for in-store-pick-up. When I arrived at the store 30 min. later, I was able to pick up the lego and a $15 off coupon at the ISPU counter, where the rep also let me make the gift card and a different in store purchases simultaneously. So, I was able bypass the huge normal register line and pick up the regularly priced $150 Voltron set "for my daughter" on sale at $105, with $15 off $75, and 2 x $10 off coupons, so approximately $150 down to $70, but I'll have to use two of the coupons later.
Thanks for posting!
They let you apply the 10$ savings card right away? I thought it would only be available for use after boxing day...
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2015
1823 posts
589 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
savendes wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 1:27 am
They let you apply the 10$ savings card right away? I thought it would only be available for use after boxing day...
No, he said he will have to use the coupons later.
Nov 11, 2017
1 posts
I placed a $20 ispu (in store pick up) order, went to ToysRUs, and was told by the manager that the coupon was only issued for orders of $75 dollars or more. This is not how this advertisement reads in my opinion. I suppose if you places an order $75 or more and they immediately gave you the $15 off that would make sense, but this clearly states "$15 off your next purchase of $75 or more" (which would be a future purchase, right?). This would mean that I would have to spend $75 dollars on my ispu to be given the coupon, and then spend another $75 at a later date to get the $15 off. I thought that you would be rewarded with the coupon for using your own vehicle and gas to pick up the order rather than having it shipped free (which is a current ToysRUs promotion). If anyone else actually gets the coupon with an order of less than $75, could you please let me know? This took place on the first day that this promotion was offered, so I'm wondering if there was a misunderstanding here.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
1818 posts
402 upvotes
Toronto
Was able to take advantage of this offer and combine it with some others. Here is what I did:

1. Create an R Account using 10MinuteEmail. Once you get the 10% coupon, take a print screen or picture of the bar code to be scanned by the cashier.
2. Order an ISPU in the least amount possible or something that you require. Note: Managers may say that there is a minimum order on the 15 off 75 coupon. Online does not state this, so just state this and the manager should be able to print the 15 off 75 coupon
3. Ending today, there is a buy $50 dollar gift card get $10 dollar cash card to be used in December (date slips my mind now and card is not near me). You can buy multiple as others in thread stated
4. Once you complete your ISPU you have your coupon you can combine the 15 off 75 & 10% R Card membership to any order (if you pay with gifts card purchased, you also get $10 dollar card for every $50 dollar spent).

For me this is how it looked like

Price before taxes 100
Less $15
Less 10%
Multiplied by Taxes (ontario) 13%
Total

Two gift card for future use totalling $20 dollars as a result of paying for oder with gift card purchased.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)