Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Toys R Us

Magic The Gathering Decks, Boxes, Boosters

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2017 10:43 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2006
3171 posts
2288 upvotes
Barrie

[Toys R Us] Magic The Gathering Decks, Boxes, Boosters

I am not sure if this is nationwide so I am putting YYMV in the title. If other confirm it is going on in other stores I will amend the title.

Toys R Us in Newmarket has all of their MTG Boosters, Boxes, Decks, etc on Clearance and they are also running a Clearance event which is buy one get one 50% off effectively making these packs an additional 25% off.

Some noteworthy items:

Nissa vs Ob Nixilis: Duel Deck - Reg $29.99, Clearance Price:22.48, Net $16.86 (The two Planeswalkers alone are worth $10 so you are getting the other 118 cards for $6.86)
Shadows of Innistrad: The Gift Box - Reg $39.99, Clearance Price 22.48, Net $16.86 (Contains 5 boosters worth $5.99 each so everything else is free!!)
Blessed vs Cursed: Duel Deck - Reg $29.99, Clearance Price:17.98, Net $13.48 (For two decks this is a pretty amazing price, especially since there are two Mythic Legendary cards in it)

Most items worked out to be 50% off or more after the B1G1 took effect.
Last edited by RunnerForDeals on Jan 7th, 2017 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
75 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2006
3171 posts
2288 upvotes
Barrie
I have called a few other stores and the sale is on there as well.
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
8003 posts
4050 upvotes
Toronto
man do people still play magic the gathering? I remember playing this when I was young. great game. maybe I should get back into it.. do they have like an online version of the game though?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2013
6150 posts
10802 upvotes
Canada
daivey wrote: man do people still play magic the gathering? I remember playing this when I was young. great game. maybe I should get back into it.. do they have like an online version of the game though?
Yes, MTGO, Magic Online. It's quite fun, especially booster drafts. Millions of people still play worldwide.
Aug 22, 2013
331 posts
99 upvotes
Edmonton
You can even play it on the PS4 or Xbox consoles
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
3541 posts
3864 upvotes
Montreal
Wow used to play this in 2005. Does FNM still occur?
Mar 13, 2012
385 posts
221 upvotes
OTTAWA
yup bigger than ever ! there is a free online version called X Mage.

...still cheaper to buy a box of boosters tho i think? toys r us sells booster in the full packaging which are marked up compared to a hobby store.

the duel decks are a great deal tho. altho the individual cards dont match up to the sticker pricd these decks are really fun to play against one another as they are well balanced
May 12, 2003
692 posts
55 upvotes
-=phelan=- wrote: damn...i should really check out how much my power 9 and mtg dual lands are worth...they have been sitting in my closet since like university days lol.
Seriously? You can buy a car lol. Unlimited I assume? Are they good condition? Black Lotus is like 6500 USD mint. Duals are $90-$350. Any other reserved list cards from old sets Moat, Tabernacle, etc are all HUGE value now. Look them all up.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2006
3171 posts
2288 upvotes
Barrie
iownyou wrote: Hearthstone is better
Hearthstone is purely digital so can't really compare the two. MTG has many benefits over Hearthstone and Hearthstone has many benefits over MTG...all depends on what you are after but both are great!
Nov 11, 2011
300 posts
318 upvotes
Quebec
So I went and the boosters are not very cheap still...Only those decks are worthwhile as OP said =\
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2012
5092 posts
5534 upvotes
Toronto
Thx op. I feel like I looted markville. Fat packs are also on clearance then 50% additional
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
night_day wrote: Seriously? You can buy a car lol. Unlimited I assume? Are they good condition? Black Lotus is like 6500 USD mint. Duals are $90-$350. Any other reserved list cards from old sets Moat, Tabernacle, etc are all HUGE value now. Look them all up.
Funny how that card has multiplied over the years. It certainly wasn't that much when I use to look at it at the local card store.

There used to be a go-to magazine to look up cards. Is there now a good site?
RedFlagDeals Addict
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Esso Price Privileges Card, 25% Off - save some money on gas
Mar 13, 2012
385 posts
221 upvotes
OTTAWA
DaVibe wrote: Funny how that card has multiplied over the years. It certainly wasn't that much when I use to look at it at the local card store.

There used to be a go-to magazine to look up cards. Is there now a good site?
www.tcgplayer.com