Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Babies R Us

Braun Thermometer with 40 Bonus Lens $45.97 or $39.99 at Costco

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 5th, 2015 7:20 am
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2005
3176 posts
691 upvotes

[Babies R Us] Braun Thermometer with 40 Bonus Lens $45.97 or $39.99 at Costco

Babies R Us currently has the Braun thermometer on sale for $55.97.

You can further bring this price down by $10 if you use the $10 off $40 coupon "CineplexHoliday" found here.

Total will come out to be $45.97 + tax and it comes with free shipping for anything over $25.

I've read many good reviews on this thermometer and I've been trying to wait for it to go on sale at Costco for $39.99 but it has not happened yet so this is as good of a price as it will get for the time being for parents looking for a solid thermometer.

Edit: A newer version is also available for $4 more, at $49.47 after the $10 off (thanks to silvergate):
http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp ... d=45093346

Or a no touch version for $49.47 after the $10 off (thanks to fatkinglet):
http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp ... vPage=7521

Edit 2: It is on sale at Costco for $39.99 (thanks to Mustangboy and Marphyin)

[IMG]http://trusca.imageg.net/graphics/produ ... 9088dt.jpg[/IMG]
32 replies
Aug 31, 2008
320 posts
37 upvotes
The Costco one will go on sale in the next 3 weeks, however the one in Costco is an older model.
This is the newer model and hence I chose to pay $6 more to get the new updated one
Quote:
"Wow, that is one crappy camera even for free."

"Walmart(Supercenter) has the Atlantic SPSCUR47 Satellite Speaker Stands onsale for $19.xx. No more holding up the speakers with a broomstick ... LOL"

"woot :cheesygri its PMing time :D :twisted: "
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2011
2347 posts
1121 upvotes
Edmonton
Good deal. I've been waiting for a deal the last little while too, it's about time I replaced the crappy little oral thermometer we have.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2005
3176 posts
691 upvotes
midnightspark wrote: The Costco one will go on sale in the next 3 weeks, however the one in Costco is an older model.
This is the newer model and hence I chose to pay $6 more to get the new updated one
Thanks, that is great information to know!

Curious, how do you know this, do you work for Costco?
Feb 14, 2006
288 posts
137 upvotes
Ottawa
Great deal. Thanks!
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2013
1480 posts
764 upvotes
GVR
midnightspark wrote: The Costco one will go on sale in the next 3 weeks, however the one in Costco is an older model.
The OP link is old model,

This is the new model : http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp ... d=45093346

Source: We gave it as a gift a few years back - the old model.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
4409 posts
819 upvotes
silvergate wrote: The OP link is old model,

This is the new model : http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp ... d=45093346

Source: We gave it as a gift a few years back - the old model.
thank you!

Subtotal $59.47
Save $10 when you spend $40 or more (before taxes) * Details -$10.00
Estimated Shipping $7.71
Free shipping* when you spend $25 or more *Standard shipping up to a $20 value Details -$7.71
Goods and Services Tax (GST)
Provincial Sales Tax (PST)
Harmonized Sales Tax (HST)
Quebec Sales Tax (QST)
$0.00
$0.00
$6.43
$0.00
Total $55.90
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2013
1480 posts
764 upvotes
GVR
Noob1ee wrote: I'm worried the no touch version is not as accurate as the in ear one. Can anyone share their experience with the no touch one if they own one?
I own one. I got it a month ago. It is pretty cool and accurate when compared with standard thermometer. Also you need to read the manual. It must be in the same room for 15minutes before using it.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
1252 posts
245 upvotes
Toronto
silvergate wrote: I own one. I got it a month ago. It is pretty cool and accurate when compared with standard thermometer. Also you need to read the manual. It must be in the same room for 15minutes before using it.
Sounds like too much trouble with the 15 minutes wait time...
I have the one bought at Toys R Us with the 40 bonus lenses. Bought it when it was on sale 40% off.
Very reliable. Bought the Costco one first but then returned it as the Costco one only memorizes the last 2 measurements. The TRU version is a better model and comes with a storage box and memorizes the last 10 temperatures measured.
Sep 11, 2012
136 posts
36 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
bought the new in ear model. I wanted the no touch but the reviews on amazon.com turned me away. thanked the op and silvergate
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2013
1480 posts
764 upvotes
GVR
kayceedee wrote: Sounds like too much trouble with the 15 minutes wait time...
I have the one bought at Toys R Us with the 40 bonus lenses. Bought it when it was on sale 40% off.
Very reliable. Bought the Costco one first but then returned it as the Costco one only memorizes the last 2 measurements. The TRU version is a better model and comes with a storage box and memorizes the last 10 temperatures measured.
This thermometer has two modes. The "touch" and "no touch mode".

The no touch was intended for sleeping children. So at night you can put the thermometer in the same room and use it as you need to use it without waking up a sleeping child without touching them. I use the thermometer fresh from the drawer to monitor temperatures and my experience tells me you dont really need the 15 minutes if you are NOT going to use the "no touch function" of it. Meaning you let it touch your forehead completely.

So in summary, if youre going to use the "touch function" of it where a part of your head will be covered by the thermometer, then you dont need the 15 minute room temp requirement for accuracy. The (at least) 15 minute room temperature only applies to the "no touch" function as to limit accuracy problems because the infrared (not sure if infrared) will be traveling a distance in open air.

We like it as the in-ear is not for everyone and besides there are no consumables. :)

PS: Im not very sure in 15 minutes wait time. It may be less than that. The manual is in the box and and somewhere in the garage. So you can correct me here.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2005
3176 posts
691 upvotes
silvergate wrote: This thermometer has two modes. The "touch" and "no touch mode".

The no touch was intended for sleeping children. So at night you can put the thermometer in the same room and use it as you need to use it without waking up a sleeping child without touching them. I use the thermometer fresh from the drawer to monitor temperatures and my experience tells me you dont really need the 15 minutes if you are NOT going to use the "no touch function" of it. Meaning you let it touch your forehead completely.

So in summary, if youre going to use the "touch function" of it where a part of your head will be covered by the thermometer, then you dont need the 15 minute room temp requirement for accuracy. The (at least) 15 minute room temperature only applies to the "no touch" function as to limit accuracy problems because the infrared (not sure if infrared) will be traveling a distance in open air.

We like it as the in-ear is not for everyone and besides there are no consumables. :)

PS: Im not very sure in 15 minutes wait time. It may be less than that. The manual is in the box and and somewhere in the garage. So you can correct me here.
Thanks for the detailed explanation. I think I will stick with the in-ear one for now to be safe as we won't be storing the thermometer in the same room and don't want to deal with the 15 minute wait :)
Oct 8, 2006
160 posts
17 upvotes
Mississauga
It is actually on sale now for $39.99. Started today at the Mississauga South Costco on Laird. It is the latest model. It is the exact same one as this one:
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2011
2347 posts
1121 upvotes
Edmonton
Mustangboy wrote: It is actually on sale now for $39.99. Started today at the Mississauga South Costco on Laird. It is the latest model. It is the exact same one as this one:
It looks a little different -Toys R Us model has a MEM button, Costco one doesn't. Braun's website sucks, however, so I don't know if they're identical other than that (and a memory function isn't hugely important anyway).
Dec 22, 2011
737 posts
1097 upvotes
I bought it for $15 at rexall on clearance few months back.. lucky i was

Edit: might not be the exact model but similer
:D
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2011
2596 posts
2946 upvotes
Calgary
I saw this on Costco for $39.99.
Rule No.1 here: Buy first, Think afterwards.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)