[Amazon Canada] TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi Light Switch for 3-Way Lighting HS210 KIT

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 6th, 2018 7:57 pm
[OP]
Nov 24, 2007
841 posts
268 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi Light Switch for 3-Way Lighting HS210 KIT

TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi Light Switch for 3-Way Lighting. No Hub Required, Works with Alexa and Google Assistant (HS210 KIT).
Lowest price it's been since its release @ $89.99. Great for those of us with three way switches that we want to automate or make smart.

https://www.amazon.ca/TP-Link-Lighting- ... link+HS210
Last edited by dingmah on Jun 6th, 2018 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
68 replies
Sep 1, 2015
132 posts
44 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
there are 2 switches come in the box
and you don't need installed both switches in one 3-way setup.
You can actually use 2 switches in 2 isolated 3-way setup.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
5987 posts
1416 upvotes
GVR
renegadez wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 4:10 pm
that's a very suspicious looking link...

but i went straight to amazon and looks like it is $89.99

TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi Light Switch for 3-Way Lighting

edit: TIL a.co leads to amazon.com
On each Amazon product page, there's a "Share" section to the right....if you click on the email icon, you'll see the Permalink.

"very suspicious looking" - Because you didn't know any better.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
8007 posts
1331 upvotes
Montreal, QC
No dimming? Quite expensive for 3 way w/o dimming, If you have a Wink hub, Lutron Caseta dimmer+remote is only $70 and it works without a neutral wire, 3 ways setups can be very ming boggling (power to light or to one of the 2 switches, YMMV)
finnoob wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 4:13 pm
there are 2 switches come in the box
and you don't need installed both switches in one 3-way setup.
You can actually use 2 switches in 2 isolated 3-way setup.
Oh, so it's a 2 pack and works with a regular 3-way switch then?
Apr 19, 2007
197 posts
32 upvotes
York
Thanks OP,
I've been waiting for these to add to my smartthings hub.
But based on the number I'd need, as well as all the HS220's (dimmable 1way switch version),
I'm going to wait to invest.
I loaded up on the smart bulbs a while ago, and they'll keep me going for a while.
Damn home automation.
Sep 1, 2015
132 posts
44 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
Daijoubu wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 4:19 pm
Oh, so it's a 2 pack and works with a regular 3-way switch then?
yes, 2 switches can be used in 2 separated 3-way setups, makes it $45 per switch
Jun 13, 2017
183 posts
95 upvotes
Ajax, Ontario
newin96 wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 4:22 pm
Thanks OP,
I've been waiting for these to add to my smartthings hub.
But based on the number I'd need, as well as all the HS220's (dimmable 1way switch version),
I'm going to wait to invest.
I loaded up on the smart bulbs a while ago, and they'll keep me going for a while.
Damn home automation.
I am not sure if I understand you correctly. But this thing is not ST compatible as they connect directly to the wifi.
"Are you telling me to get a smart switch instead of a smart bulb for my bedside night lamp?"

ArloCopter
Feb 21, 2003
581 posts
212 upvotes
Richmond BC
Standard price is only $99 at Staples, Best buy.
Judging from how much I got my HS200 for, I think price can still come down to around $60-$70 mark.
Best deal: 2 boxes of HP 92 white papers from staples for $7.00 (2004)

Upvote my post if you find it helpful. Thx
Apr 19, 2007
197 posts
32 upvotes
York
adhika wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 4:34 pm
I am not sure if I understand you correctly. But this thing is not ST compatible as they connect directly to the wifi.
You are correct, but I have the switches associated with the security system and IFTTT which is through Alexa and Smartthings.

If we are able to have one of the two HS210 in the kit operate a separate 3way, that changes things.
What happens if the "slave" 3-way switch (i.e. dumb) is toggled? Doesn't it over-ride the HS210 in the circuit (i.e. removing power from the circuit)? I just know that the slave switch will inadvertently be used.
[OP]
Nov 24, 2007
841 posts
268 upvotes
renegadez wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 4:10 pm
that's a very suspicious looking link...

but i went straight to amazon and looks like it is $89.99

TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi Light Switch for 3-Way Lighting

edit: TIL a.co leads to amazon.com
Updated it with the full URL. The a.co is the URL shortener Amazon generates when you click the Share button on the product page above the add to cart button.

Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2006
1409 posts
364 upvotes
Toronto
dingmah wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 5:26 pm
Updated it with the full URL. The a.co is the URL shortener Amazon generates when you click the Share button on the product page above the add to cart button.

Oh haha. That was just me not being aware of the permalink hence the TIL edit.I think it's cause at work i just did a phishing mandatory compliance assessment so i was on alert. You're good
Aug 21, 2011
428 posts
160 upvotes
TORONTO
newin96 wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 5:05 pm
You are correct, but I have the switches associated with the security system and IFTTT which is through Alexa and Smartthings.

If we are able to have one of the two HS210 in the kit operate a separate 3way, that changes things.
What happens if the "slave" 3-way switch (i.e. dumb) is toggled? Doesn't it over-ride the HS210 in the circuit (i.e. removing power from the circuit)? I just know that the slave switch will inadvertently be used.
I have this for my stairway, it allows you to use regular switch as the slave so you don't have to change both switches in a 3-way, works out cheaper.

https://www.thesmartesthouse.com/collec ... itch-zen21
Nov 10, 2012
708 posts
246 upvotes
Calgary
Anyone know if these can be used in a 4 way set up? I have 4 switches that control 1 set of lights.