Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi Light Switch for 3-Way Lighting HS210 KIT

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 8th, 2018 12:22 am
Aug 26, 2010
925 posts
288 upvotes
Brampton
BinaryJay wrote: Huh, it's just three single switches behind a plastic plate. Ignore the other switches.
If you put the single smart switch in there, would they have to buy a dual plate to cover the other switches?
Sep 16, 2012
92 posts
74 upvotes
Richmond Hill
KangFu wrote: If you put the single smart switch in there, would they have to buy a dual plate to cover the other switches?
You just need to swap the switch and use the existing 3 switch plate (ignore the TP plate that come with the package). Need some time to aligned them all to fit nicely and flushed inside the 3 switch plate. For me, I had to unscrew the middle one to get access to the neutral wire in the back.
Sep 16, 2012
92 posts
74 upvotes
Richmond Hill
KangFu wrote: I have a 3 way light switch in the hallway with 2 switches for 2 different lights.. Can this be used for this?

Yes it can.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2004
4249 posts
825 upvotes
Pickering, ON
Best Buy has them for the same price, ordered from there.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2005
2093 posts
585 upvotes
Mississauga
Just wanted to let everyone know how it went installing one. As stated you don't need both switches on the same three way line. You need to just replace one of the switches controlling the light. Since I have aluminium wiring it was a pain piggy-tailing copper wires to the aluminium wires before connecting them to the switch to keep them compliant to code. This criticism only pertains to those having aluminium wiring, once you use the purple marrettes and necessary wiring it makes it very difficult to make the switch fit inside the box. If it was copper wiring I don't thing I would had this much difficulty. Now setup for the switch was easy on the app when it asks you so setup the second switch just skip it. On the switches there is a white circle indicating that the Load (i.e the light) is in the off, when the second regular switch is used to switch on/off the light the smart switches indicator will change accordingly. Therefore the status of the light is being picked up even if the non smart second light switch used. Really happy with the switch. I was planning to use the second switch for another 3-way, but sadly the wiring for that switch isn't compatible with the tp-link switch. If anyone wants it let me know will let it go at cost so that would be $40.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2007
1048 posts
554 upvotes
Toronto
After the 20% off Prime discount, it's currently $79.98 through Amazon.ca! Not as good as the Prime Day sale, but since I missed that, this is the best price compared to Best Buy or Staples.
Aug 22, 2005
231 posts
185 upvotes
fruzmatik wrote: If you have a 4 way switch, presumably you would need more than two of these smart switches ...at that cost, I would suggest you consider a different product.
In a 4 way you have 1 4-way switch and 2 3-way switches. Just replace a 3 way switch and you’re good to go. So location may not be of your choosing but all the functionality is there. I just installed these in a 3-way and a 4-way environment.
Mar 8, 2016
58 posts
9 upvotes
Hey did you find out if this tp link switch would fit behind your three rocker plate? I have the same one and want to put the tp link in the middle slot to replace my dumb stitch with a smart.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2005
2093 posts
585 upvotes
Mississauga
It won’t be a problem placing it in the middle just know that any wallplate meant for decora switches will either fit fine with this switch or will have a really tight fit. I had a dual toggle gang box where one of the switches was replaced with the tp-link switch and the wallplate which I got from homedepot had a really tight fit. Just to have peace of mind I sanded the inside circumference of the wall plate so it slide over the switch smoothly. While the same switch I installed at my friends place the faceplate we got from home hardware had no issues. Hope that made sense. Also Anyone who is looking for a single switch and is in Mississauga please pm me.
theodigital wrote: Hey did you find out if this tp link switch would fit behind your three rocker plate? I have the same one and want to put the tp link in the middle slot to replace my dumb stitch with a smart.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3859 posts
2814 upvotes
cheystar wrote: It won’t be a problem placing it in the middle just know that any wallplate meant for decora switches will either fit fine with this switch or will have a really tight fit. I had a dual toggle gang box where one of the switches was replaced with the tp-link switch and the wallplate which I got from homedepot had a really tight fit. Just to have peace of mind I sanded the inside circumference of the wall plate so it slide over the switch smoothly. While the same switch I installed at my friends place the faceplate we got from home hardware had no issues. Hope that made sense. Also Anyone who is looking for a single switch and is in Mississauga please pm me.
The dual-toggle plus one Decora wall plate I got from Home Depot fit perfectly.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2005
2093 posts
585 upvotes
Mississauga
Mine was one toggle and one decora one. It fir but was a tight fit.
Exp315 wrote: The dual-toggle plus one Decora wall plate I got from Home Depot fit perfectly.