TPMS on 2011 Odyssey

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 5th, 2011 8:08 pm
Tags:
Jan 4, 2011
1 posts
Vancouver

TPMS on 2011 Odyssey

We had winter tires on our new 2011 Odyssey installed at the dealership. The TPMS sensor light is ON all the time and the dealer said this is due to the winter tires not having sensors in them. So not being bothered by it, we've been driving the vehicle around with the TPMS light ON (I hope this not goona cause problems) In Spring, I'm thinking of putting back the original tires (with sensors) by myself. Is there any special procedure that I need to do relative to the TMPS sensor? I will appreciate your advice.
7 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2006
2036 posts
70 upvotes
wet_fart wrote:
Jan 27th, 2011 10:03 pm
We had winter tires on our new 2011 Odyssey installed at the dealership. The TPMS sensor light is ON all the time and the dealer said this is due to the winter tires not having sensors in them. So not being bothered by it, we've been driving the vehicle around with the TPMS light ON (I hope this not goona cause problems) In Spring, I'm thinking of putting back the original tires (with sensors) by myself. Is there any special procedure that I need to do relative to the TMPS sensor? I will appreciate your advice.

No special procedure. Just put the tires on and the TPMS sensors should reprogram/reset by themselves. If not, you might have to do that yourself or at the dealership - however this is just a hypothetical possibility and you probably won't need to worry about this at all. I have gotten about 4 tire rotations in the past year (on both my cars) and the TPMS sensors didn't need to be reset by the dealer. 1 Honda and 1 Toyota.
Jan 19, 2011
41 posts
oakville
i can confirm that you're ok, i too had an odyssey and it was exactly as yours did. you're good to go and no need to do anything special when you change your tires yourself.
Dec 28, 2004
630 posts
53 upvotes
Montreal
Good to know. I'm also driving the 2011 Odyssey with no TPMS sensor in my winter tires.

Btw, i just sucessfully finished the import process. Bought it from NY state; 2011 Odyssey. EX-L ~ 7000$ savings :)
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2006
1223 posts
55 upvotes
Mississauga
Most Toyota and Honda's are 'auto-relearn'. Which from putting the sensors back... the light can go away within starting the engine and driving for a while. My neighbours honda van took over an hour for the auto-relearn to go but it eventually goes away.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2006
2036 posts
70 upvotes
Scott84 wrote:
Jan 28th, 2011 4:50 am
Most Toyota and Honda's are 'auto-relearn'. Which from putting the sensors back... the light can go away within starting the engine and driving for a while. My neighbours honda van took over an hour for the auto-relearn to go but it eventually goes away.

+1. This.
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1157 upvotes
DavidY wrote:
Jan 28th, 2011 5:01 am
I suggest checking your owner's manual about VSA and TPMS....they may be linked together as discussed in the link below:

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2373433

Dave
+1
Check your manual.

In my 2010 Odyssey, if TPMS light is on then VSA cannot by turned off. This is mostly a minor thing, but it can be helpful to turn off VSA in winter when you're stuck in a bunch of snow and you actually want the tires to spin a bit to help you get unstuck. I kept my OEM steel rims for winter and got alloy wheels for the other seasons. This way, I can disable VSA in winter if I ever need to.

I don't know if the new 2011 behaves the same way, but a post here mentions that it does.
These folks have taken over RFD, so I'm done here.

Mutu qabla an tamutu
× < >