Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Trade-in for Xbox One Get up to $300 towards a new Xbox One [MS STORE]

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 26th, 2016 2:45 pm
May 3, 2016
190 posts
363 upvotes
yycygk wrote:
PerrierWater wrote: To the people who did the trade-in in store, did you get a code for the credit? Or did they take 300 (whatever the amount is) off the purchase price?
For in store trades they will deduct the trade-in credit AFTER the tax-in purchase price. For me the Madden bundle worked out to $418.95 ($399 + 5% GST) - $220 XB1 500GB trade in = $198.95.
I see. I'm planning to purchase it online cuz I'm scared the Halo bundle will be out of stock. I'm wondering if they give you a code in-store so you can buy it online.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2005
2140 posts
613 upvotes
Birchmount & Ell…
PerrierWater wrote:
yycygk wrote:
PerrierWater wrote: To the people who did the trade-in in store, did you get a code for the credit? Or did they take 300 (whatever the amount is) off the purchase price?
For in store trades they will deduct the trade-in credit AFTER the tax-in purchase price. For me the Madden bundle worked out to $418.95 ($399 + 5% GST) - $220 XB1 500GB trade in = $198.95.
I see. I'm planning to purchase it online cuz I'm scared the Halo bundle will be out of stock. I'm wondering if they give you a code in-store so you can buy it online.
You buy it in store.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
3215 posts
1264 upvotes
Ajax
AppliedLight wrote:
phrozenn.heat wrote:
AppliedLight wrote: Yorkdale is out of stock of the 1TB Halo and Madden bundles for sure. They still have 1TB Fifa bundles (doesn't qualify for the -$50 + $50 giftcard promo but YMMV). The rep said that after this promo is over, the next one starting Friday will be -$50 the 500 GB models, not sure if they'll be adding a $50 giftcard as well.
I was there is afternoon and can confirm all the 1TB units are oos except the 1TB Fifa bundles that are not part of the promo. They were also out of the 2TB consoles. I went to SquareOne and it was the same story. I ended up picking the 2TB consoles for $449 + tax minus my trade in. They also let me keep my controller. They have one left on the shelf after I left.

Did any of you buy Microsoft Complete with their unit? Its $50 for two years protection from accidental mishap. I probably would use the $50 gift card to get Microsoft Complete.

Went by the Yorkdale Microsoft Store on my way home and can confirm they had a shipment of 1TB Madden and Halo bundles in the evening, around 7. Many people were doing trades there to get them so I'm not sure how many remain.
Wow I was told some bad info. That's alright though, I'm happier with my deal from EB. Saved me $100 and he hassle of finding a buyer from my madden code. Plus I have Halo 5 and MCC again, both of which i traded for $35 st their peak once before. Didn't really finish either game fully so I'm happy to have them again
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2009
1325 posts
510 upvotes
Philbert wrote:
itsryan wrote: I don't believe this was answered previously, but I have a 4gb Xbox 360 S with after market 250gb hard drive, would they give me credit for the 250gb or just the 4gb?
I will do my trade (4G 360 E worth $100) today or tomorrow, but when I was in the store yesterday I was told I would get nothing for it, and to not bring the hard drive (320gb). And that's when they thought it was an MS product, not my ebay knockoff (which worked fine). That said, my dealings with MS Store have been different each time, depending on whom I talk to.
So here's how my exchange went at Edmonton store. First, they gave me $120 for 360E with 320gb hd. They never looked to see if hd was knockoff, just that it was working, and it added $20 to trade value. Since I only paid $99 for 360 at SS, I was pleased.

I then bought 1TB Madden NFL for $399. Because the free games ($29.99) were sold out except violent ones (had my son with me) they let me take Minecraft ($19.99) instead and apply the leftover $10 to MS Complete and one year Live if I bought both (reg $59.99 + $49). I paid $68.99 for Live and Complete. Next, I bought an extra controller: $74.99 - $15 off promo if buying bundle, and then applied the Madden $50 giftcard = $10. Controller was a separate transaction, and the Sales person really went out of her way to make all this work. It took over an hour.

Total incl. GST = $384.39. I will probably put the Madden game on Kijiji.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2009
1086 posts
409 upvotes
I hope someone can verify for me that you can use the online code provided on anything on the MS store? I just ordered the Quantum Break 500gb bundle for $319, (wanted to catch the gift card deal), and still haven't mailed in my PS3. :facepalm: I plan to use the trade in coupon on 2 years of live if that is possible. (plan to also use the gift card and rewards points for 2 more controllers).

Quantum Break 500gb bundle = $319
plus hasbro family game night
minus $50 in rewards points (from targeted email)
minus $50 gift card
minus $130 trade in
= $104 taxes in to upgrade from an old never used PS3 to an xbox one!

sweet! another $12 back from 2% ebates and 1.75% rogers MasterCard I almost forgot about. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Apr 29, 2006
426 posts
181 upvotes
Brampton / Caledon
lbmeyer wrote:
saberon2016 wrote: Looks like the 500GB Halo bundle is part of the discount + promo code now.

https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/ms ... 2716_en_CA
Thanks for that. I'll try to contact support online to see if I can get $50 back (got it for $399 yesterday). If not will have to make another trip down to the store.
Got the same bundle a few weeks ago for $399 as well in-store, not sure what there price protection policy is.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
9135 posts
2092 upvotes
holy crap! It looks best for people who waited until today! The 500gb is better because its $50 less and you can just install games on an external drive. It would've cost me just $50 to upgrade instead of $100
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
Meh... It will ALWAYS be worth spending the extra money and getting 1tb instead of 500gb

even if you use an external drive, there's no reason to ever not have the extra space.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2013
1206 posts
1392 upvotes
goddamn that is very tempting. These deals are constantly in flux. I have a 250GB Xbox 360 S that is worth $120 trade in... It's super frustrating if you do not live near a Microsoft Store. I'm literally 3000km from the nearest MS Store location.

Anyway would Microsoft allow you to buy this and then retroactively apply trade in coupon?

Also would best buy match that $350 price on 500GB model?
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
xboxrrr wrote: goddamn that is very tempting. These deals are constantly in flux. I have a 250GB Xbox 360 S that is worth $120 trade in... It's super frustrating if you do not live near a Microsoft Store. I'm literally 3000km from the nearest MS Store location.

Anyway would Microsoft allow you to buy this and then retroactively apply trade in coupon?

The $350 price should be at most retailers tomorrow
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2013
1206 posts
1392 upvotes
Viper98 wrote:
xboxrrr wrote: goddamn that is very tempting. These deals are constantly in flux. I have a 250GB Xbox 360 S that is worth $120 trade in... It's super frustrating if you do not live near a Microsoft Store. I'm literally 3000km from the nearest MS Store location.

The $350 price should be at most retailers tomorrow
yes but best buy has a extra $50 off Xbox One when you trade in an old console deal that ends today....

My xbox 360 is only worth $25 at best buy. with this deal it would be $75.

So getting this price matched would bring down price to $275 for me.
Sep 25, 2013
34 posts
2 upvotes
TROIS-RIVIERES
received my code today (they received it monday (sept.26th) and sent me an email with confirmation on sept.27th. Ordered the 500go Halo bundle.
Aug 24, 2011
108 posts
43 upvotes
Vancouver
The Halo bundle looks tempting. Does anyone know which bundles Metrotown has in stock?
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2009
1086 posts
409 upvotes
Doh, just ordered a halo bundle... Figure the upgrade to an s is worth the $30 more than the Quantum Break bundle that just shipped. Can I return an online purchase to a retail store?
Apr 29, 2006
426 posts
181 upvotes
Brampton / Caledon
Viper98 wrote: Meh... It will ALWAYS be worth spending the extra money and getting 1tb instead of 500gb

even if you use an external drive, there's no reason to ever not have the extra space.
Not neccessarily. In my case I only play a few games NHL, FIFA, NBA and sometimes Madden...no need for the 1TB.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2005
2476 posts
333 upvotes
ncr
Viper98 wrote:
Cjohnson202 wrote: Just went to EB games and got a steal of a deal.

1 TB Halo Bundle - $399 (it's on sale)

Minus

190 for trading in 500 gb X1
60 for trading in rare relay, black ops 3
and tony hawk 5
50 for trade up promotion

Total cost $113

Way better than Microsoft and traded in games not worth much anywhere else right now.
I wonder what the value of a PS4 is... I may have to take advantage of this promo and preorder a PS4 Pro
it's 399$ as well from ms store today. also ms online have the 500gb x1 for 220$.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)