Expired Hot Deals

[Pizza Pizza] Trade your candy for a free slice coupon on November 1st

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 5th, 2018 11:58 am
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2003
1494 posts
632 upvotes
My daughter just brought in a small bag of lollipops with a dozen in the bag and the cashier gave her 4 coupons. I was only expecting 1 coupon, this was at old weston rd/Rogers rd.
Feb 12, 2016
42 posts
22 upvotes
ScottF391 wrote: so piossed went into pizzpizza in Peterborough me my wife and daughter each had 3 candys to trade each the guy tells me no deal like that here so I end up spending $26 on pizzapizza and waiting for them another guys at the cash and two kids walk in and trade their candy fopr slicxes **** I wanted to eat free pizza and ways got one copoun for later
That sounds like straight up discrimination Face With Rolling Eyes
Apr 1, 2016
19 posts
7 upvotes
I went to the Burnhamthorpe and Grand Park location at 11. I was the first one, I showed the lady the promo on my phone and gave her the candy. She didn’t understand and asked me “why are you trying to sell me candy? We don’t buy candy here”. Then I told her no it’s part of the promotion then she read the email that was sent from corporate and told me to give her the barcode. And I’m like there is no barcode you give me the coupon. Then I had to read the email to her word for word. Which then she understood and asked another guy where the coupons were stored. Then gave me a coupon. I spent a good 15 minutes there lol. The lady then thanked me for explaining the deal to her lol.
Feb 11, 2005
375 posts
32 upvotes
Worked for slices in Ajax at Salem and Rossland. They even allowed me to give candies (wrapped caramels) so thumbs up to that location.

Dundas/Brock Whitby location wouldn't give slices or vouchers (and was pretty rude about it), and Thickson/Dundas location in Whitby said they didn't participate but still gave my kids slices so extra thumbs up there.

Definitely YMMV!
Nov 18, 2016
14 posts
4 upvotes
Richmond Hill Pizza Pizza (Yonge St just north of Hillcrest Mall) ran out of coupons and not giving out slices.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
8080 posts
527 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like a poorly executed Pizza Pizza promotion once again.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
3484 posts
845 upvotes
Home
Was denied.
Staff said it should be a decent size.
I said 'what is a decent size? These are the typical size for Halloween candies. If this is not the right size, why is the promotion about halloween?'
He said he was just told by manager.
What a joke.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
1648 posts
1568 upvotes
consumerPI wrote: Looks like a poorly executed Pizza Pizza promotion once again.
It's about as good as their fake pizza and worth about as much as one of those candies. Pizzapizza prob brakes even just by staying open till 2am every night.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
3120 posts
1474 upvotes
Mississauga
Yet another massive disconnect between corporate office and franchise locations
I love RFD! :)
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
10606 posts
2907 upvotes
Toronto
ScottF391 wrote: so piossed went into pizzpizza in Peterborough me my wife and daughter each had 3 candys to trade each the guy tells me no deal like that here so I end up spending $26 on pizzapizza and waiting for them another guys at the cash and two kids walk in and trade their candy fopr slicxes **** I wanted to eat free pizza and ways got one copoun for later
You didn't go confront the cashier why you or at least your daughter didn't get the coupon but the 2 kids walk in later can get it.

Also, you didn't end up getting the free slice of pizza from your candies and still give them business after they fooled you around....
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
1648 posts
1568 upvotes
Twitter is up in arms:

It's a major first world problem, nevertheless, very emblematic of the sloppy, disjointed way many businesses are ran in Canada
Sep 2, 2016
504 posts
270 upvotes
Got a slice at the queens quay location today. Didn’t look like they had that many coupons. Pizza was awful as usual but the price was hard to beat lol
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
1648 posts
1568 upvotes
The only thing worthwhile I ever had at Pizzapizza was their panzos , either fried or baked or their veal sandwich. Their regular pizzas are trash, garbage crust with plastic cheese. I don't know how they can serve that crap with a straight face. Their app is good too.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
12443 posts
2942 upvotes
RFD
Thanks OP and thanks RFD community for the fun thread. Sometimes you win some, sometimes you lose some with Pizza Pizza.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)