Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Pizza Pizza

Trade your candy for a free slice coupon on November 1st

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 5th, 2018 11:58 am
Mar 28, 2018
70 posts
230 upvotes
nordwitcher wrote: Omg... talk about levels of cheapness. I mean you probably spent more gas and time driving around than anything you could have gained. If you were that desperate for free slices you could have just checked the garbage bins after they close. They throw a ton of slices out that no one buys.
Took like an hour of my time and I love driving. Its not like I spent much time at any of the pizza pizzas, if they said no I just said ok cool and left. It's was a charitable event where they wanted to collect candy to give away right? They get their candy and I get my slice, win-win in my books. How much is a pizza slice? Times that by 21 that's pretty good value! Lol. On top of that I actually get free gas too. And no way, they just throw all the pizza out in the dumpsters? I've been wanting to go to grocery stores and get expired foods like that but I believe they keep their garbage inside. Let's all combat food waste!! It's a huge problem.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2006
2466 posts
788 upvotes
nordwitcher wrote: I know this is RFD but I am actually repulsed at the extent people go to. I mean do you guys have no lives or just so much time on your hands for a free slice of pizza. Its not even like a video game sale or something you can use long term.
That guy was probably just laughing at you.
whatever i do with my time is MY TIME. if i decide to spend 15 minutes to get what i want is my wish. i was already there and wasn't leaving without my pizza
you probably spend 15 mins in line up to buy a game and i dont complain about your time do i?
both guys were definetely NOT laughing, they were sad they had the grave yard shift and then probably scared that head office wrote a formal complain to the store management for their employees not following simple rules and being rude to customers

it's all about fairness... fyi i spent +$700 yesterday morning on custom shoes, but i refused to pay $3 for pizza IF i can give away my candy for donations and take advantage of a good deal
For sale threads:
GCs / Coins
Cloth / Phones/
Nov 25, 2015
289 posts
186 upvotes
York, ON
roblombardi wrote: Your original comment was a reply to somebody who walked to 2 stores and had issues with the promo, not about the animal who raided Pizza Pizza stores all over... I don't agree with that behaviour (and most of RFD condemn that as well), if you read my comment to him/her about it
bombdiggity wrote: Show me where it say that here:

Yeah, thought so. If it was so clear, it would have been stated somewhere in writing above. It's neither stated in the promo blurb itself nor the conditions in the fine print. Essentially, no such thing was said at all. That's clear to you?

Based on what is actually written, it's clearly a promo to obtain candy to be donated to charity, so it didn't appear to matter who it was from, adult or child. What else is clear is this: "Limit one per customer". That clearly does not mean only children to those who can read and comprehend English. If it clearly states that and doesn't mention for children, why would one decide that it meant only children? It even says "bring in Halloween candy", not "bring in your Halloween candy".

@nordwitcher you must be somebody who works at Pizza Pizza or a franchise owner to deliberately make so many biased arguments the day after the promo about people getting rejected based on fabricated nonsense. To anybody who can read, it's obvious that this isn't just about running out of coupons, driving to multiple locations, people having a lot of time on their hands, or entitlement.
The sad part is that I remember something when Pizza Nova has a special a month or two back. And people were crying and moaning about that too.

Its just despicable that people cry about free food in a first world country where food is literally freaking cheap already.

I can totally understand if these were electronic sales or actually stuff you can buy and use.

The thing is that when something is given out for free they just feel entitled to it.
Banned
Dec 8, 2007
2666 posts
2359 upvotes
nordwitcher wrote: The sad part is that I remember something when Pizza Nova has a special a month or two back. And people were crying and moaning about that too.

Its just despicable that people cry about free food in a first world country where food is literally freaking cheap already.

I can totally understand if these were electronic sales or actually stuff you can buy and use.

The thing is that when something is given out for free they just feel entitled to it.
Even if it's not the most expensive, food in Canada shouldn't really be called cheap. Just because your opinion is that it's more justified to be upset about electronics or "actually stuff you can buy and use" doesn't mean others shouldn't be upset about this. You keep using the word entitled for a situation where people expect a large chain like Pizza Pizza to run a promo the way it was intended and not have people go out of their way to get the pizza only to be rejected with a made up excuse. If you call people thinking this is BS is "entitled/entitlement", you are not applying it the way most people do. The pizza is not handed over for nothing, it's traded for candy, so if people have the candy to trade like the promo said was needed, what is wrong about feeling like they should get the pizza like the promo said they would?

You've probably spent more time in this thread complaining about the complainers than 90% of the people who complained, in store or online.
Nov 25, 2015
289 posts
186 upvotes
York, ON
bombdiggity wrote: Even if it's not the most expensive, food in Canada shouldn't really be called cheap. Just because your opinion is that it's more justified to be upset about electronics or "actually stuff you can buy and use" doesn't mean others shouldn't be upset about this. You keep using the word entitled for a situation where people expect a large chain like Pizza Pizza to run a promo the way it was intended and not have people go out of their way to get the pizza only to be rejected with a made up excuse. If you call people thinking this is BS is "entitled/entitlement", you are not applying it the way most people do. The pizza is not handed over for nothing, it's traded for candy, so if people have the candy to trade like the promo said was needed, what is wrong about feeling like they should get the pizza like the promo said they would?

You've probably spent more time in this thread complaining about the complainers than 90% of the people who complained, in store or online.
Again just wanted to point out that I was only referring to the person that spent his time driving around and that wanted to throw a pizza at the store.
Banned
Dec 8, 2007
2666 posts
2359 upvotes
nordwitcher wrote: Again just wanted to point out that I was only referring to the person that spent his time driving around and that wanted to throw a pizza at the store.
Maybe that was your intention and you got confused or have a poor memory, but this wasn't the case. Your posts are still there if you want to check.
Mar 28, 2018
70 posts
230 upvotes
nordwitcher wrote: Again just wanted to point out that I was only referring to the person that spent his time driving around and that wanted to throw a pizza at the store.
Lol that part was a joke.. was referencing an old thread on AYCE KFC/Pizza hut that made me laugh. Just threw it in for the lawls. But I guess trolling you is pretty funny too. Don't take free pizza so seriously, grab a slice and take the edge off. I can give you a coupon if you would like. XD
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2017
1859 posts
2808 upvotes
cheapboy69 wrote: Drove around for the last hour and hit as many pizza pizzas as possible. Only got denied at 1 place claiming it was a day time promotion. Almost threw a pizza slice at the window before leaving just for RFD (ayce KFC lol). Got denied at the last few I went to but that was understandable as it was after 12. Now just gonna freeze the slices and have pizza for a month haha.
Nice! For posting that pic please PM @TomRFD for free RFD swag!
Please post all locations u went to and the order of location! I’m actually amazed that you can find 21 different Pizza Pizza locations. Logistically this must have involved major planning and strategy beforehand...
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
7972 posts
9093 upvotes
Toronto
Bebo123 wrote: Nice! For posting that pic please PM @TomRFD for free RFD swag!
Please post all locations u went to and the order of location! I’m actually amazed that you can find 21 different Pizza Pizza locations. Logistically this must have involved major planning and strategy beforehand...
Swag??... the only thing he/she deserves is a permaban... it is because of people like him/her that RFD has sometimes a bad rep
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)