None
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
3790 posts
697 upvotes
Toronto
hpad17 wrote:
May 8th, 2017 11:31 pm
now ZCL has down quite a lot, should I buy more ZCL?
The model is already 100% invested, and i don't think it has the "feature" to average down if you want to strictly follow the model. Of course, nothing to stop you from average down as your own decision.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2010
4300 posts
3258 upvotes
hpad17 wrote:
May 8th, 2017 11:31 pm
now ZCL has down quite a lot, should I buy more ZCL?
If one has a lot of money in this model, it might make sense to rebalance keeping the weight at 10% for each stock (selling a few top winners to buy the biggest losers). To avoid high commissions, I'd use only dividends to buy more of the underperforming ones.

The model doesn't expect one to add extra money to underperforming stocks. Remember that close to half of stocks are sold for a loss. If there's extra money to be added, I'd distribute evenly to the 10 stocks. The goal is equal weight.

Rod
Everything about my Investing and automated Trading strategies to boost your income: https://boostyourincome.ca
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
3790 posts
697 upvotes
Toronto
SIS down 5+% and still dropping

Class action lawyers in witch hunts trying to cash out using SIS proposed buy-out of SPAN...
May 18, 2017
51 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Canadian tire took a beating lately after being up for awhile. Might pick some up since i missed the train initially when the model gave it a go signal.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2010
4300 posts
3258 upvotes
whatyoulookinatbud wrote:
May 21st, 2017 6:19 pm
Canadian tire took a beating lately after being up for awhile. Might pick some up since i missed the train initially when the model gave it a go signal.
CTC.A is still highly ranked. Actually, all of them are a buy today according to the model (rank > 80), and I expect no action required on Monday (Tuesday actually).

Rod
Everything about my Investing and automated Trading strategies to boost your income: https://boostyourincome.ca
Oct 27, 2009
66 posts
32 upvotes
Montreal
I am up 13,75% since the model restarted (excluding all dividends, I don't drip) up by 2 063$ with 15 000$ starting funds. SIS is the biggest winner whereas ZCL is the biggest laggard. Currently invested at 90%, missing CTC as I ran out of funds. How about you guys?
Financial and Debt Advisor
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2009
4511 posts
728 upvotes
Scarborough
I'm getting worried about SIS... It's gone up quite a bit in the last little bit. Will hold until the model says otherwise.
MTLGuru wrote:
May 25th, 2017 3:06 pm
I am up 13,75% since the model restarted (excluding all dividends, I don't drip) up by 2 063$ with 15 000$ starting funds. SIS is the biggest winner whereas ZCL is the biggest laggard. Currently invested at 90%, missing CTC as I ran out of funds. How about you guys?
Up 11.30% excluding dividends. I started since the inception of the model, following all instructions.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
3790 posts
697 upvotes
Toronto
Mine vs SPTSX according to Google Finance. Not sure if Google includes div in the total, probably not.

Yeah about SIS... kinda tempting to balanced it down. But my transaction cost is a bit high ($6.95) to do fine-tuned rebalance.
Untitled.jpg
Nov 13, 2011
407 posts
114 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Decided to sell some SIS today and buy some ZCL to balance the port a bit..
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2010
4300 posts
3258 upvotes
Stats updated on first post.

I'm expecting ZCL to be sold on Monday, for a steep loss unfortunately. However, I continue to be happy with the model performance, including beating the market performance every month since February.

Rod