None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2010
4092 posts
2945 upvotes
SkimGuy wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 9:17 am
TIH with lowest ranking of 85, so there's no action this week?
Correct.
Mar 30, 2017
8 posts
2 upvotes
Hi Rodbarc.

On the first page, you wrote:

"2. Is it too late to follow it? When should I start?
I would personally wait until the next rebalance day to start, and buy its holdings spread equally. Be aware of your comission cost, to ensure that you have enough to trade to make
sense."

By "spread equally" I assume you mean $ value,? So if I have $10,000, it would be $1000 per each of the 10 stocks? If I had an extra lump sum of $2000 or $200/month after my initial investment, how should I invest it?
Nov 30, 2010
398 posts
123 upvotes
Coquitlam
RCOnline wrote:
Jul 19th, 2017 12:04 pm
Hi Rodbarc.

On the first page, you wrote:

"2. Is it too late to follow it? When should I start?
I would personally wait until the next rebalance day to start, and buy its holdings spread equally. Be aware of your comission cost, to ensure that you have enough to trade to make
sense."

By "spread equally" I assume you mean $ value,? So if I have $10,000, it would be $1000 per each of the 10 stocks? If I had an extra lump sum of $2000 or $200/month after my initial investment, how should I invest it?
Correct, divide your initial lump sum evenly across the ten stocks upon the next rebalance date.
However, keep your commission fee in mind if you're starting with a low amount like $10k. Let's say your commission was $5, then you're already down 0.5% + bid/ask spread on each stock. Same thing if you have a lump sum and you plan on adding to each, be mindful of your commission costs.

If you're adding to a few individual stocks, maybe Rod has insight.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2010
4092 posts
2945 upvotes
Slashon wrote:
Jul 19th, 2017 12:20 pm
Correct, divide your initial lump sum evenly across the ten stocks upon the next rebalance date.
However, keep your commission fee in mind if you're starting with a low amount like $10k. Let's say your commission was $5, then you're already down 0.5% + bid/ask spread on each stock. Same thing if you have a lump sum and you plan on adding to each, be mindful of your commission costs.

If you're adding to a few individual stocks, maybe Rod has insight.
This. Spreading the weight equally ($200 on each stock) would be ideal, but if that doesn't makes sense from a commissions standpoint, then alternatively you can add $500 on the top 4 ranking stocks. Ranks are published on the weekend, and you want to wait until Monday to find out if there's further rebalance anyway.

Rod
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2010
4092 posts
2945 upvotes
Stats updated on first post.

No transactions expected for Monday - SIS ranking improved, TIH is the next one likely to be sold if the trend continues.

Rod
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2010
4092 posts
2945 upvotes
July 24, 2017 signal:

No action required.

Rod

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)