Students

transfer from UTSC pre managment program to ryerson Bcomm

Sep 24, 2010
4 posts
torontno

transfer from UTSC pre managment program to ryerson Bcomm

Ok so i was stupid to deferr my ryerson Bcomm admission and to choose the UTSC pre managment program,which is very competitve,and you have very miniml chances of actually getting into the actual managment program.So i was wondering if i could after my first year at UTSc transfer my credits to ryerson and reaplly for the BComm there,but as a second year student.So will i be able to do that in the pre managment program i am takn 1 full credit in managment,1 in calc,1 in econ,and the rest is optional.i know for the Bcomm you have to take accounting in the first year but can i still get accepted to the bcomm for the second year and fill in my missing credits afterwards.So like take 1st year accounting in my second year.i do have grade 12 accounting(92 percent).Can someone explain the process of the transfer.Also can i reapply to ryerson as a first year student with my highschool marks (86 avg) and then transfer over my credits ive done at UTSC towards my degree.Because i dont want a whole year plus lots of money gone to waste.Pls can someone guide and tell me how the transfer is done.Also if not ryerson how can i transfer and apply to the UTM commerce.THANKS a lot
14 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
1238 posts
17 upvotes
when the highschool kids apply for university, you apply as well, instead of using the 101 form from the OUAC website, you use the 105 (i think)

it costs about $200 to apply, payable online, they will request a transcript from your university (done automatically) and i can't remember if i needed to mail in my transcript from highschool, don't think so though

they will look at your credits and give you transfer credits, you will get an equivalent for ecma04/06, they only take one of your mgta courses (because ryerson only has one semester management) and the rest will be lower liberal courses which go towards your degree

your chances of getting in will be based on your gpa
Jan 27, 2008
645 posts
24 upvotes
wow your post is VERY hard to read....

Lots of people who did not make it to second year at UTSC ended up in Ryerson, so it is definitely possible.
Apr 24, 2005
176 posts
14 upvotes
from personal experience.. take the higher level calculus (the non-business one) and that should transfer. Most universities dont recognize the business calculus from utsc. With the full calc all of your credits should transfer.
May 29, 2008
263 posts
14 upvotes
Monty_RFD wrote: from personal experience.. take the higher level calculus (the non-business one) and that should transfer. Most universities dont recognize the business calculus from utsc. With the full calc all of your credits should transfer.

Ryerson doesn't require any calculus at all though
Sep 24, 2010
4 posts
torontno
Monty_RFD wrote: from personal experience.. take the higher level calculus (the non-business one) and that should transfer. Most universities dont recognize the business calculus from utsc. With the full calc all of your credits should transfer.

so are you saying that my calculus for managment wont count towards anything,well its too late for me too choose the higher level clac so should i just drop this calc and save half of my money for the course?
Sep 24, 2010
4 posts
torontno
cuongp wrote: when the highschool kids apply for university, you apply as well, instead of using the 101 form from the OUAC website, you use the 105 (i think)

it costs about $200 to apply, payable online, they will request a transcript from your university (done automatically) and i can't remember if i needed to mail in my transcript from highschool, don't think so though

they will look at your credits and give you transfer credits, you will get an equivalent for ecma04/06, they only take one of your mgta courses (because ryerson only has one semester management) and the rest will be lower liberal courses which go towards your degree

Ok can you pls guide me cause it seems as if you know what your talking about:
so i am taking the following:
Managment 1: 0.5 cred
Managment 2: 0.5 cred (but you said this wont count towards anyhting so shouls i drop this and take up something else,any suggestions?)

Calc for managment 1: 0.5
Calc for managment 2: 0.5

Statistics 1: 0.5
Statistics 2: 0.5

Psych 1: 0.5
Psych 2: 0.5

Micro econ w/calc: 0.5
Macro econ/w calc: 0.5

can u pls tell me what wont count for nthing and i should drop asap,and can u pls tell me what first year courses do you need for the Bcomm at ryerson plus any easy electives which they have at ryerson and i can try takin here in order to make my transfer easier.Plus what GPA should i aim for.THANKS A MILLION
May 4, 2008
729 posts
26 upvotes
I am assuming you are talking about business management? if you are the first year courses u are required to take for first semester are :

BUS 100† Strategies for Success
ECN 104* Introductory Microeconomics
ITM 102* Business Information Systems I
QMS 102*¶ Business Statistics I
ACC 100 Introductory Financial Accounting or ACC 110¶‡* Financial Accounting(choose acc110 if you want to major in accounting or finance)
and One lower liberal courses( my recommendation any geo or introduction to astonomy pcs 181 is the course code i believe

In second semester you are required to take:

ECN 204 Introductory Macroeconomics
GMS 200¶ Introduction to Global Management
MHR 523 Human Resources Management
MKT 100† Principles of Marketing
QMS 202*¶ Business Statistics II
ACC 406 Introductory Management Accounting or ACC 410¶‡* Management Accounting( take acc 410 if you want to major in accounting or finance)

On a side note if you want to major in accounting you must get a b- in acc110 and 410 also must have a cumulative avg of b- in acc110, acc410, gms 200, qms 102, qms 202
If you want to major in finance you must have a cumulative average of c+ in acc110, ecn 104, qms 102, itm 102, qms 202, acc410
If you want to major in marketing you must get a b- in that course.
Apr 24, 2005
176 posts
14 upvotes
ayifus wrote: so are you saying that my calculus for managment wont count towards anything,well its too late for me too choose the higher level clac so should i just drop this calc and save half of my money for the course?

I transferred from UTSC to western.. i got 4 credits.

- Management (1)
- Economics (1)
- Poli Sci (.5)
- Enviro Sci (.5)
- Humanities (.5)
- Geo (.5)

The only course I did not receive credit for was MATA32 and MATA33
- when i asked about this I was told that the mainstream calculus (not sure the course code, MATA 37?) would have been accepted.

As for transferring, there are many strict guidelines to investigate at each university. If you have any mark lower than 60% you cannot transfer and you must take 5 full credits. Im not sure if these are the requirements at Ryerson, but they are worth taking a look at before you drop calculus.

I would call ryerson directly and ask for the list of transferable credits between utsc and ryerson.. it can save you a years worth of school and expenses
Apr 10, 2017
65 posts
12 upvotes
East York, ON
cuongp wrote: when the highschool kids apply for university, you apply as well, instead of using the 101 form from the OUAC website, you use the 105 (i think)

would city studies courses or international development studies courses transfer to ryerson?
assuming you transferred? did you like it more than utsc? did you find it easier then utsc's business program?
because i heard from people that its easy the first 2 years and the last 2 years get hard. is that true?
Jan 9, 2013
169 posts
15 upvotes
1barginxhunter91 wrote: I am assuming you are talking about business management? if you are the first year courses u are required to take for first semester are :

BUS 100† Strategies for Success
ECN 104* Introductory Microeconomics
ITM 102* Business Information Systems I
QMS 102*¶ Business Statistics I
ACC 100 Introductory Financial Accounting or ACC 110¶‡* Financial Accounting(choose acc110 if you want to major in accounting or finance)
and One lower liberal courses( my recommendation any geo or introduction to astonomy pcs 181 is the course code i believe

In second semester you are required to take:

ECN 204 Introductory Macroeconomics
GMS 200¶ Introduction to Global Management
MHR 523 Human Resources Management
MKT 100† Principles of Marketing
QMS 202*¶ Business Statistics II
ACC 406 Introductory Management Accounting or ACC 410¶‡* Management Accounting( take acc 410 if you want to major in accounting or finance)

On a side note if you want to major in accounting you must get a b- in acc110 and 410 also must have a cumulative avg of b- in acc110, acc410, gms 200, qms 102, qms 202
If you want to major in finance you must have a cumulative average of c+ in acc110, ecn 104, qms 102, itm 102, qms 202, acc410
If you want to major in marketing you must get a b- in that course.
You can't major in accounting of finance anymore unless you're in the SAF which is a completely different program.
Apr 10, 2017
65 posts
12 upvotes
East York, ON
realdealer1 wrote: You can't major in accounting of finance anymore unless you're in the SAF which is a completely different program.
are you in the new accounting and finance program? or do you know anyone whose in it? if so are they finding it difficult to get good grades? or is it the same program just with different course codes for the accounting and finance courses?
Jan 9, 2013
169 posts
15 upvotes
I'm in the old accounting program. From what I hear though, there's a 30% dropout rate from first year. Not sure if this has to do with the quality of students entering the program (A-school rejects) or the program itself being difficult.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2011
2052 posts
409 upvotes
GTA
realdealer1 wrote: I'm in the old accounting program. From what I hear though, there's a 30% dropout rate from first year. Not sure if this has to do with the quality of students entering the program (A-school rejects) or the program itself being difficult.
Every program in any university has a dropout rate after first year. Nothing special at Rye.
Apr 10, 2017
65 posts
12 upvotes
East York, ON
realdealer1 wrote: I'm in the old accounting program. From what I hear though, there's a 30% dropout rate from first year. Not sure if this has to do with the quality of students entering the program (A-school rejects) or the program itself being difficult.
what was the drop out rate for the old accounting program after first year?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)