transfer to york from uoft

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2018 2:26 pm
Jan 3, 2018
1 posts

transfer to york from uoft

Hi guys, I'm currently a 3rd year student at uoft and was planning to transfer to York to continue my study. Because I **** up two courses on my 2nd year due to plagarism issue and uoft may likely to put me on a 2 year suspension. However, the case has not closed yet and it is still in progress, and the status of those two courses are shown as GWR. So I wonder is that going to affect my application to York? Will I get rejected?

3 replies
User avatar
Aug 15, 2015
483 posts
Markham, ON
What do you think? Who is processing the paperwork to do the transfer? Now no parents to help you. You have to fend for yourself. Let us know if you are able to lower the number of years you will be suspended for. Keep us posted.

No one can help you now. From what you said all is in motion. You can do more stuff (i.e. transfer) to confuse the administrative staff more. The person sitting at the front may be a new hire. They have to hire from students every year. At the end of the day, it's clear on paper what happened. You've plagarized, caught and now you are contesting of their allegation.

I guess you could transfer and see if the other school accepts you and then also suspend you for plagarism.
Aug 16, 2017
17 posts
If you receive a suspension from the university you are currently attending, it will likely be placed on your transcripts when you request them. Reach out to the student services department at UofT and seek assistance. Plagiarism is highly looked down upon, and would be best if you could get it resolved before transferring.

Also with all due respect @Poppwl, OP posted this to seek assistance. Your recent replies to threads have been impolite and demeaning. OP knows they screwed up and they’re looking for guidance, not negative and unhelpful criticism. If you don’t have any helpful advice, then why post?
Sep 23, 2010
27 posts
Talk to your college/faculty registrar or unit undergraduate coordinator/administrator.
Asking here is very unlikely to provide any clarity.