Students

Transferring from Lakehead to Ryerson or York

[OP]
Aug 19, 2018
13 posts
1 upvote

Transferring from Lakehead to Ryerson or York

Hi I'm an international student going to be starting with the honours bachelor of commerce program at Lakehead in winter 2019.
I was wondering if its possible for me to transfer to york or ryerson after one year? I couldn't apply to either of them because my high school grades were low. Is that possible?
How easy is the process for an international student?
3 replies
May 19, 2015
984 posts
384 upvotes
You would need to do well in your first year. Not sure about the international student thing, but they will probably still look at your high school marks....
Zoomer Mobile Customer - $36/month for 4 GB + free phone

Thumbs up if this post helped you 👍🏻☺️
[OP]
Aug 19, 2018
13 posts
1 upvote
SignedA wrote:
Aug 20th, 2018 9:53 am
You would need to do well in your first year. Not sure about the international student thing, but they will probably still look at your high school marks....

Yeah I would have to I guess also would you know what other factors they might look at while making a decision?
Thank you!
May 19, 2015
984 posts
384 upvotes
wallflower31 wrote:
Aug 20th, 2018 10:17 am
Yeah I would have to I guess also would you know what other factors they might look at while making a decision?
Thank you!
No idea, you'd have to ask the specific universities. Without knowing the program you want to transfer into, asking an online forum isn't going to give you the most accurate answers. Just call the depts you want to transfer to and ask them.

I would suspect they would have you fill out forms /supplementary applications asking why you want to transfer etc.

Also, there's no guessing about doing well. If you do worse than your high school marks whatever they are in university what makes you think you can transfer? Transferring isn't some way to by pass the requirements of any program. Do well in your program to demonstrate your hs marks arent a refection of your abilities otherwise its a hard argument to accept you if you didnt make it in on hs marks
Zoomer Mobile Customer - $36/month for 4 GB + free phone

Thumbs up if this post helped you 👍🏻☺️