• Last Updated:
  • Dec 22nd, 2019 11:30 am
[OP]
Jan 13, 2016
397 posts
103 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

Transferring from td everyday savings to td direct investing

Does anyone know if this is counted as 1 of the withdrawals you can make per month or is it free to deposit and withdraw unlimited times to td direct investing?
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6244 posts
2497 upvotes
I think it counts as a withdrawal.
[OP]
Jan 13, 2016
397 posts
103 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Thanks. I forgo t i have a line of credit so could transfer to that. I'm not sure if there would be a fee to transfer between savings account and line of credit as i wouldn't want to hook up line of credit to tangerine.
[OP]
Jan 13, 2016
397 posts
103 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I tried it out and looks like there is no charge betwern saving and line of credit although i'll have to see if its a delayed charge until monday.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 17, 2003
5487 posts
255 upvotes
Mississauga
I fund my TDDI account via bill payment from an external bank. I do have some savings account with TD that they forced me to open to so I could fund/withdraw funds to/from my TDDI account, but I don't even use it nor am able to even login to it. Been lazy to fix that but maybe I will over the holidays.
Mar 7, 2008
270 posts
51 upvotes
M-e-X-x wrote: I fund my TDDI account via bill payment from an external bank. I do have some savings account with TD that they forced me to open to so I could fund/withdraw funds to/from my TDDI account, but I don't even use it nor am able to even login to it. Been lazy to fix that but maybe I will over the holidays.
when you fund via bill payment from an external bank. what's the biller name? TD Waterhouse Canada Inc?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 17, 2003
5487 posts
255 upvotes
Mississauga
mouseswimming wrote: when you fund via bill payment from an external bank. what's the biller name? TD Waterhouse Canada Inc?
For Tangerine, it shows Td Waterhouse. What you could do is transfer a small amount and then see if it goes through, as that's what i did to confirm it was linked properly.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6244 posts
2497 upvotes
Latebuyer wrote: I tried it out and looks like there is no charge betwern saving and line of credit although i'll have to see if its a delayed charge until monday.
Sometimes these types of charges only show up on the last day of the month.