None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2004
1732 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto

Transit Directions: Square One and First Markham Place

Hey, can anyone tell me the best (or only) route to get to Square One and 1st Markham Place? I only have public transportation to go by, and I'm not getting anywhere with the Mississauga Transit or YRT websites (at least, not with enough certainty).

So basically, I'm getting off at either Islington/Kipling station to get to Square One, so far, I believe the fastest route is the 26 Burnhamthorpe West bus, from Islington station.

And Finch station to get to 1st Markham Place (I think that's the closest TTC station).

I would appreciate any help!
Paulfistinyourface wrote:This is RFD. High moral values are way down the ladder of acceptability around here. It's all about stepping on your grandmothers throat to save a buck.
Heatware
Share:
7 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 25, 2003
10447 posts
1185 upvotes
Markham
TheDarkRage wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2007 1:23 am
Hey, can anyone tell me the best (or only) route to get to Square One and 1st Markham Place? I only have public transportation to go by, and I'm not getting anywhere with the Mississauga Transit or YRT websites (at least, not with enough certainty).

So basically, I'm getting off at either Islington/Kipling station to get to Square One,

And Finch station to get to 1st Markham Place (I think that's the closest TTC station).

I would appreciate any help!
You are right on those routes
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2004
1732 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
What routes? I know how to get there by TTC (to the furthest extent), but not the the GTA transit systems.
Paulfistinyourface wrote:This is RFD. High moral values are way down the ladder of acceptability around here. It's all about stepping on your grandmothers throat to save a buck.
Heatware
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
5736 posts
352 upvotes

1. there's the map
2. use your eyes and brain
3. figure it out
Deal Expert
Oct 15, 2002
18113 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
TheDarkRage wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2007 1:23 am
For this one, take Viva bus (purple) to First Markham Place. There is one that goes to Richmond Hill Centre and that's the one to take. There is a stop right in front of First Markham Place I believe. Should be the stop right after Hwy7 & Woodbine as the plaza is on Hwy7 just after Woodbine.

Here is the map :
http://transit.toronto.on.ca/gotransit/2111.shtml

I think Montgomery is the stop you want to get off at. Viva bus tickets you buy at the bus booth prior to stepping on the bus.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2004
1732 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
bokep, you really have an attitude problem, you know that?

If you have nothing to contribute to the thread, then don't post anything.

I don't go crapping on your threads, now do I?
Heatware
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2006
1112 posts
184 upvotes
TheDarkRage wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2007 2:28 am
bokep, you really have an attitude problem, you know that?

If you have nothing to contribute to the thread, then don't post anything.

I don't go crapping on your threads, now do I?
1. Take whatever Mississauga Transit bus from Square One to Islington Station.
2. Take the subway from Islington to Finch
3. Don't even bother with YRT, just stick with VIVA. It's more frequent. Easier map. Your destination is Montgomery.
http://www.yrt.ca/GIF/viva_routemap_complete.gif
*Take the "viva blue" NORTH to Richmond Hill Centre and transfer to "viva purple" EAST to Montgomery.
*If you're there during rush hour, "viva pink" will take you directly to First Markham from Finch Station

Since you're new to the VIVA system, you have to have a ticket or risk getting fined by a random ticket checker. So buy one from the machine.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2004
1732 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
wilson_wu wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2007 3:04 am
1. Take whatever Mississauga Transit bus from Square One to Islington Station.
2. Take the subway from Islington to Finch
3. Don't even bother with YRT, just stick with VIVA. It's more frequent. Easier map. Your destination is Montgomery.
http://www.yrt.ca/GIF/viva_routemap_complete.gif
*Take the "viva blue" NORTH to Richmond Hill Centre and transfer to "viva purple" EAST to Montgomery.
*If you're there during rush hour, "viva pink" will take you directly to First Markham from Finch Station

Since you're new to the VIVA system, you have to have a ticket or risk getting fined by a random ticket checker. So buy one from the machine.
Thank you Wilson_Wu! I never knew that you have to buy tickets from a machine, instead of paying the driver on the VIVA line.
Heatware
× < >