• Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2017 12:06 pm
[OP]
Apr 18, 2009
122 posts
16 upvotes
Hamilton

travelling to edmonton on a slim budget

booked to fly from hamilton to edmonton april 24 for a week. any help on cheap or free stuff to do would be appreciated, coupons, 2 for 1's, cheap meals, free activities etc etc.
thanks
7 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
3711 posts
703 upvotes
Sask.
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
7963 posts
1117 upvotes
nothing is cheap in Edmonton, other then gas at the pumps.

there is a fairly large bus system to get around with, even a single ride is over 3$ now.
lots of groupons that may suit your needs.
you can spend a day walking around west Edmonton mall, but that wouldnt be very fun without having some cash to spend
I would suggest an oilers playoff game but it will cost you big time. its been a long time since they have been in the playoffs and this city will be ALIVE when the playoffs start.
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
7963 posts
1117 upvotes
The Zoo is pitiful, unless your under the age of 5
The Mutart is decent, if you like flowers and plants, otherwise theres nothing to see there.
Telus World of science is a nice place to spend a few hours with the kids, but its not cheap
Fort Edmonton park is nice, but really expensive.
Everything at West Ed Mall is expensive.
[OP]
Apr 18, 2009
122 posts
16 upvotes
Hamilton
excellent thankyou, the u-pick pass, wem coupon book and muttart are on the list
[OP]
Apr 18, 2009
122 posts
16 upvotes
Hamilton
rocking23nf wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 10:51 am
nothing is cheap in Edmonton, other then gas at the pumps.
I would suggest an oilers playoff game but it will cost you big time. its been a long time since they have been in the playoffs and this city will be ALIVE when the playoffs start.
agreed, budget be damned an oilers game is a must do. I'm told if I don't like beer prices in ontario I'm in for sticker shock in edmonton
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
7963 posts
1117 upvotes
wavephonic wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 11:34 am
agreed, budget be damned an oilers game is a must do. I'm told if I don't like beer prices in ontario I'm in for sticker shock in edmonton
12 bucks for a beer at the new arena. pizza was 7 or 8 a slice, its crazy, but the new arena is a top notch facility.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 12, 2003
7084 posts
543 upvotes
Markham
rocking23nf wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 11:37 am
12 bucks for a beer at the new arena. pizza was 7 or 8 a slice, its crazy, but the new arena is a top notch facility.
Pretty much the same expensive price around all sports event in Canada...
Why people have to eat pizza or hotdogs while watching the hockey game?

Eat before going in the arena! Not like their pizza or hotdogs are any better.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015