Travelling to France/Italy best time to purchase ticket

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2019 2:43 pm
[OP]
Mar 30, 2018
163 posts
68 upvotes

Travelling to France/Italy best time to purchase ticket

I am planning to travel to France and Italy in the end of April. What is the best time to purchase the tickets, earlier the better? Same with Hotel bookings?
12 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
8087 posts
5537 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
srz5095 wrote:
Mar 16th, 2019 2:26 pm
I am planning to travel to France and Italy in the end of April. What is the best time to purchase the tickets, earlier the better? Same with Hotel bookings?
Yes

Prices go up, as availability goes down
Most folks going for vacation, book long in advance vs biz travel
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
1841 posts
968 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
PointsHubby wrote:
Mar 16th, 2019 3:09 pm
Yes

Prices go up, as availability goes down
Most folks going for vacation, book long in advance vs biz travel
For end of April as soon as possible as you are almost within the 30 day mark at this point.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8033 posts
2348 upvotes
Toronto
That's in a few weeks. You'll need to buy/book ASAP, or you may find the flights/hotels sold out or only into expensive buckets for the dates you want.

For overseas travel, most people book way ahead.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
32415 posts
6795 upvotes
Ottawa
srz5095 wrote:
Mar 16th, 2019 2:26 pm
Should probably have already bought you tickets.
Hotels you can book the night before.
Life is short......Make sure you spend as much time as possible on the internet arguing with strangers about politics :). Anonymous
[OP]
Mar 30, 2018
163 posts
68 upvotes
Thanks everyone for help
[OP]
Mar 30, 2018
163 posts
68 upvotes
Ticket booked with Air Canada, $1500 return for 2 persons. Not sure if this is a good price
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
32415 posts
6795 upvotes
Ottawa
srz5095 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2019 2:29 am
Ticket booked with Air Canada, $1500 return for 2 persons. Not sure if this is a good price
From were? Makes a difference in price.
Regardless, it makes no difference if it is a good price or not, you have the tickets now and they are probably non refundable. Don't ask and you won't get buyers remorse :)
Life is short......Make sure you spend as much time as possible on the internet arguing with strangers about politics :). Anonymous
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
7985 posts
1157 upvotes
Toronto
I usually book my flights to Europe months in advance(at least 3 to 4) and they are still pretty costly, due mostly to Pearson airport high taxes and fees added on but other factors as well.
IT's Europe where everything is expensive and some destinations are primo or in very high demand, other things such as high season for travel, airline seats and hotel rooms available/ already booked as well as destination all factor in.
with only one month away, expect to pay big prices which will only keep going up as you get closer to the time and seats fill etc.
Dec 20, 2018
580 posts
486 upvotes
gh05t wrote:
Mar 17th, 2019 1:46 pm
I usually book my flights to Europe months in advance(at least 3 to 4) and they are still pretty costly, due mostly to Pearson airport high taxes and fees added on but other factors as well.
IT's Europe where everything is expensive and some destinations are primo or in very high demand, other things such as high season for travel, airline seats and hotel rooms available/ already booked as well as destination all factor in.
with only one month away, expect to pay big prices which will only keep going up as you get closer to the time and seats fill etc.
What do you mean expensive? It's so cheap to fly to Europe from Toronto. Like easily under 1k return to most destinations even in high season

Taxes are high in Europe for flying like at lhr

I'm always surprised by how cheap tickets are to Europe (and I'm not counting the LCC like wow air) especially for j class . Much cheaper than flying within the Americas
[OP]
Mar 30, 2018
163 posts
68 upvotes
lol you are correct
Pete_Coach wrote:
Mar 17th, 2019 8:36 am
From were? Makes a difference in price.
Regardless, it makes no difference if it is a good price or not, you have the tickets now and they are probably non refundable. Don't ask and you won't get buyers remorse :)
May 26, 2016
20 posts
9 upvotes
srz5095 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2019 2:29 am
For that price you can't get a direct flight YYZ -> FCO so I suppose you got a direct AC flight YYZ -> CDG and yes, the price is ok/good for Apr.
[OP]
Mar 30, 2018
163 posts
68 upvotes
Yes correct it is AC flight from Toronto - CDG
Ttn545 wrote:
Mar 18th, 2019 2:37 pm
For that price you can't get a direct flight YYZ -> FCO so I suppose you got a direct AC flight YYZ -> CDG and yes, the price is ok/good for Apr.