• Last Updated:
  • Oct 10th, 2018 1:19 pm
[OP]
Jan 13, 2004
741 posts
30 upvotes
Markham

Travelling on Planes with tripod spiked feet

Has anyone tried bringing a tripod with spiked feet (covered with rubber feet) in your carry on item?
5 replies
[OP]
Jan 13, 2004
741 posts
30 upvotes
Markham
they are removable, but i would like to bring it with my on my trip. Is it safer to take them off for the flight?
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
3926 posts
969 upvotes
Toronto
beserk1 wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 11:14 am
they are removable, but i would like to bring it with my on my trip. Is it safer to take them off for the flight?
Take them off, and just store the feet in your check in or separately in your carry on if no check in.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
1489 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto
rebel_rfd wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 11:35 am
Take them off, and just store the feet in your check in or separately in your carry on if no check in.
+1

It seems so odd that need to figure out what is permitted in carry-on luggage and what isn't permitted, meanwhile the airlines provide us with actual metal forks and knives when serving the meals. :D
Jul 13, 2016
44 posts
25 upvotes
You'll find things like tripods get extra scrutiny because they have hollow tubes.

You aren't allowed to bring spears or javelins on planes either, so spike-tipped tripod legs are not likely to make it through.

If they aren't worth much you could leave them at home and buy new ones at your destination, or try you chances and if they are found then relinquish them to get through security and again buy new ones at your destination.