AMD Athlon 64 3200+ SOLD to jiffylube
Crucial Ballistix PC3200 1GB SOLD to wburke
16GB Touchpad, Touchstone charger & case SOLD to I RFD

*****HeatWare*****
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2007
10909 posts
1323 upvotes
Note that there are seperate coverage maps for PAYG vs. regular monthly paid coverage for both ATT and TM. Its not like Roger/Bell/Telus where PAYG= regular monthly for all of Canada. There can be big differences in coverage depending on where you are going.

Make sure you check the right maps to ensure you have coverage where you think you need it.
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
18494 posts
926 upvotes
l69norm wrote:
Aug 10th, 2012 10:13 am
Note that there are seperate coverage maps for PAYG vs. regular monthly paid coverage for both ATT and TM. Its not like Roger/Bell/Telus where PAYG= regular monthly for all of Canada. There can be big differences in coverage depending on where you are going.

Make sure you check the right maps to ensure you have coverage where you think you need it.
Yeah some of their peering agreements are not valid for Paygo.

The good thing is, you will not have to pay roaming fees. Your phone just will not work.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
[OP]
Jul 10, 2004
188 posts
6 upvotes
So I Stopped In At Walmart In Omak WA To Get The Straighttalk Plan And They InformeD Me That They Are Not Able To Sell Sim Cards Outright. Needless To Say I Was Quite Perturbed When I Left There.

I Ended Up Getting An AT&T Plan With Unlimited US Calling, Unlimited Text To US, Can And Mexico + 1GB Smartphone Data For $75 ($50 plan Included Unlimited Web Browsing But Only For Non-smartphones, Extra Data For Smartphone Was $25 For 1GB). Straighttalk Plan Would Have Been $60 With The Sim Card + Additional For Smartphone Data So The Price Was Probably Cheaper At AT&T In The End.

Sorry For All The CapitalizeD Words.......My Phone Is Doing Weird ***** Today.
Sold Items

*****HeatWare*****
[OP]
Jul 10, 2004
188 posts
6 upvotes
Got hooked up with Google Voice, while not Ideal, it does work well enough for a 5 minute call home
Sold Items

*****HeatWare*****
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2011
3113 posts
318 upvotes
are you using the google voice app.... I am down in cali right now tethering with my $3 day plan lol
Google voice has been working great for me... No need to do anything the app does it all for me
Deal Addict
May 9, 2009
4785 posts
709 upvotes
Rich_D wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2012 12:17 am
Got hooked up with Google Voice, while not Ideal, it does work well enough for a 5 minute call home
What's wrong with Google Voice? All it does it re-route your call through a US number. There should be no issues with quality, disconnections, etc.

Also, why did you opt for something other than T-Mobile? With T-Mo, $3 a day gets you unlimited talk/text and 200 MB at 4G speeds. Three weeks would have cost $63.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2009
1551 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto
psyko514 wrote:
Sep 5th, 2012 6:03 pm
What's wrong with Google Voice? All it does it re-route your call through a US number. There should be no issues with quality, disconnections, etc.

Also, why did you opt for something other than T-Mobile? With T-Mo, $3 a day gets you unlimited talk/text and 200 MB at 4G speeds. Three weeks would have cost $63.
I used t-mobile for 4 days. costed around 28$? for initial setup..also it included $20 credit or something. it was mandatory for me to purchase it with the plan.
it was still the $3/day PAYG.

it was nice and fast. no complaints. used a lot of data for mapping. @__@
Mar 9, 2006
52 posts
Hamilton
How is H20 Wireless, can i use on iphone 4 with gevey sim, they have good prepaid plan or any similar plan, going to USA for almost a month, required just talk and text no data, using wireless hot spot if i need.
Thanks
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2011
3113 posts
318 upvotes
poiuytrewq9ca wrote:
Sep 8th, 2012 1:55 pm
How is H20 Wireless, can i use on iphone 4 with gevey sim, they have good prepaid plan or any similar plan, going to USA for almost a month, required just talk and text no data, using wireless hot spot if i need.
Thanks
They run on the att network
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2011
3113 posts
318 upvotes
So far i hate this Tmobile crap... The service stinks.. lesson learned... Next time I go on a long road trip... Go with att
Jan 1, 2013
1 posts
COCHRANE
Has anyone used a Bell iPhone 4 with AT&T's Straight Talk sim/plan? Presumably, I'd have to get the phone unlocked by Bell first, but $45/month is quite the plan...
× < >