• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2019 9:34 pm
[OP]
Apr 30, 2014
149 posts
55 upvotes
Sudbury, ON

Treadmill for beginners

I'm looking to purchase a treadmill for home use, mostly light jogging. I'm not a heavy runner. As always I'm confident about the new year's resolution to get more active, but experience says there is some chances that my rock solid determination may slip down the road! So don't want to spend a fortune. I'd like to get some feedback from fellow rfders on what to look for when purchasing a treadmill? My budget is around $700. Looks like CT has 70% off, is this a good deal? https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/nord ... p.html#srp
6 replies
Mar 5, 2008
350 posts
38 upvotes
i have this exact one got it from CT and installed by them in my basement about 6 months ago
wife and i both run daily and we generally run about 5kms a day

i love the built in fan
all the different modes are never used, we just set a speed and go and stop when we hit our distance, don't track HR or anything like that

i wish the track was a little wider tho but not a deal breaker tbh

we got it for the same price as well - delivery and install was extra (and they don't take away the packaging which was annoying)
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1251 posts
291 upvotes
Kanata
Go on your local facebook buy and sell group. You should find a decent one on there for your budget. You won't be happy jogging on a cheap treadmill.
[OP]
Apr 30, 2014
149 posts
55 upvotes
Sudbury, ON
Garest wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 8:24 am
i have this exact one got it from CT and installed by them in my basement about 6 months ago
wife and i both run daily and we generally run about 5kms a day

i love the built in fan
all the different modes are never used, we just set a speed and go and stop when we hit our distance, don't track HR or anything like that

i wish the track was a little wider tho but not a deal breaker tbh

we got it for the same price as well - delivery and install was extra (and they don't take away the packaging which was annoying)
Is the installation complex and how much was the cost? Did you see much value to get this service?
[OP]
Apr 30, 2014
149 posts
55 upvotes
Sudbury, ON
Dark Phoenix wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 10:05 am
Go on your local facebook buy and sell group. You should find a decent one on there for your budget. You won't be happy jogging on a cheap treadmill.
Thanks I thought about it. But the problem is I don't know much about treadmill. When I go to check a used one how do I make sure it's in good state and I'm not buying a junk ...
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1251 posts
291 upvotes
Kanata
northstarbd wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 12:54 pm
Thanks I thought about it. But the problem is I don't know much about treadmill. When I go to check a used one how do I make sure it's in good state and I'm not buying a junk ...
If you see one you like online, do a google search on it. I suggest a 2.5CHP motor plus. And when you go to see it, take a test jog on it to see if it feels sturdy.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
6606 posts
1261 upvotes
northstarbd wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 2:15 pm
I'm looking to purchase a treadmill for home use, mostly light jogging. I'm not a heavy runner. As always I'm confident about the new year's resolution to get more active, but experience says there is some chances that my rock solid determination may slip down the road! So don't want to spend a fortune. I'd like to get some feedback from fellow rfders on what to look for when purchasing a treadmill? My budget is around $700. Looks like CT has 70% off, is this a good deal? https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/nord ... p.html#srp
with that budget I would get a Pacemaster off kijiji, these treadmills are very well built and go for $2000+ brand new, get them used for $300 - $700

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-exercise-equipm ... nFlag=true
________

"Leaders who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people who have nothing to say"

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)