Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Treadmill Factory

Ft505 Power Rack - $229.00 - Free Pick-Up in Store + 10% Discount Code

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 2nd, 2019 3:52 pm
May 8, 2015
345 posts
296 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Ft505 Power Rack - $229.00 - Free Pick-Up in Store + 10% Discount Code

Deal Link:
Price:
$229.00
Savings:
67% Off
Retailer:
Treadmill Factory
Hey everyone,

Was looking for gym equipment recently and came across this very well reviewed starter rack.

https://www.treadmillfactory.ca/fit505-power-rack

You can use code PERK10 for an additional 10% off.

Just ordered and I can confirm the code works

EDIT: Code seems to be disabled according to some other posters.
Last edited by Anarchaotic on May 23rd, 2019 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
31 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5744 posts
5510 upvotes
Toronto
Anarchaotic wrote: Hey everyone,

Was looking for gym equipment recently and came across this very well reviewed starter rack.

https://www.treadmillfactory.ca/fit505-power-rack

You can use code PERK10 for an additional 10% off.

Just ordered and I can confirm the code works
thanks op, do you know what those two black 'hooks' that hold up the bar on presses and squats for self-spotting are called?

i need them for my smith rack which doesn't have them

if anyone knows their name or where i can get them cheap, it would be appreciated
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3908 posts
2123 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks OP. I wonder if you could invert that pullup bar at the top, such that it bends down (below the columns, rather than above). I looks to be under 7' (presumably with the bar bent upwards), but I have 7.5' ceilings in the basement and wouldn't mind the additional clearance.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2007
1327 posts
96 upvotes
Toronto
Yes pull up bar can be upside down. Seen it before.
Dec 20, 2012
583 posts
532 upvotes
Barrie
chadw01 wrote: thanks op, do you know what those two black 'hooks' that hold up the bar on presses and squats for self-spotting are called?

i need them for my smith rack which doesn't have them

if anyone knows their name or where i can get them cheap, it would be appreciated
They're called J hooks or J cups.

I bought an extra pair for my rack (Fit505, same rack, but older) here: https://www.bellsofsteel.com/product/rack-attachments/

The ones I bought were "J-Cups (extra pair) - Residential Power Rack" - what you'll need will depend on your tube size and hole diameter.
Feb 20, 2019
18 posts
7 upvotes
I got this rack a while ago for the same price. It's pretty solid and is a good deal even with shipping costs.
May 8, 2015
345 posts
296 upvotes
Toronto, ON
thestreetmeat wrote: I got this rack a while ago for the same price. It's pretty solid and is a good deal even with shipping costs.
Did you get the lat bar as well?
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
2302 posts
1272 upvotes
I just tried the PERK10 code and it did not work . . .they must have disabled it?

This looks like a great deal and if you can pick it up locally it is smoking! Being able to apply the coupon would take it to the next level!
May 8, 2015
345 posts
296 upvotes
Toronto, ON
feminazi wrote: I just tried the PERK10 code and it did not work . . .they must have disabled it?

This looks like a great deal and if you can pick it up locally it is smoking! Being able to apply the coupon would take it to the next level!
That's a shame, I was able to use it for my order Image

https://imgur.com/wxU1Na5 - If the picture doesn't load for some reason.
Apr 10, 2009
813 posts
263 upvotes
This is a great starter rack. Been using it years with no complaints. Also has a bunch of extra attachment addons if needed too.

Nice to see they changed the design of the J hooks to add the "bumper".
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
2302 posts
1272 upvotes
Maybe there is a minimum order to quality for the PERK10 coupon? I tried adding it with the squat rack by itself in an order . . .I was just going to try to add some 45 pound rubber grip Olympic plates and it looks like they are back ordered . . .rats because their price looks good to me.

Edit: I just confirmed that there is a minimum order (300 bucks?) amount to apply the coupon because I added a couple of rubber hex dumbbells and the coupon applied properly.

I wish they had the rubber Olympic plates in stock as well!

Thanks OP!
Dec 3, 2018
61 posts
22 upvotes
Good starter rack, would also definitely recommend adding the lat attachment!
Deal Addict
May 13, 2015
1426 posts
1989 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
I have this and I'm happy with it. Good for the price.

For anyone wondering... a power rack like this one, plus a bench, olympic bar, and olympic weights is all you need to get started.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
2302 posts
1272 upvotes
I ordered from a store and I couldn't use the coupon code but that is OK because the pricing is still very solid!

I ordered the rack, four 45 virgin rubber coated Olympic plates and two 60 lb rubber hex dumbbells.

I wanted a hell of a lot more but you could get way out of hand with this really fast . . .I want more 45s, some 35s, a couple of nice Olympic bars and some more dumbbells but that would end up costing me way over a thousand bucks . . .I will start with 640 bucks or so and add weights etc. as I go.

The rack is a GREAT deal, the weights are a good deal because they are virgin rubber (less off-gassing apparently?) and the price is pretty good.
Nov 3, 2003
955 posts
621 upvotes
Knowhere
Deal looks done. Showing $699
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2001
6586 posts
1749 upvotes
rural ontario
I see 229...
72 69 6c 6c 65 73
Apr 26, 2007
843 posts
175 upvotes
Have this rack and its great for the price. $229 is their regular price. The rack was backordered for a few months or so and just came back in stock.

Even at their regular $229 price, its a great deal.
Thank my post if it helped!
Deal Addict
May 13, 2015
1426 posts
1989 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
feminazi wrote: I ordered from a store and I couldn't use the coupon code but that is OK because the pricing is still very solid!

I ordered the rack, four 45 virgin rubber coated Olympic plates and two 60 lb rubber hex dumbbells.

I wanted a hell of a lot more but you could get way out of hand with this really fast . . .I want more 45s, some 35s, a couple of nice Olympic bars and some more dumbbells but that would end up costing me way over a thousand bucks . . .I will start with 640 bucks or so and add weights etc. as I go.

The rack is a GREAT deal, the weights are a good deal because they are virgin rubber (less off-gassing apparently?) and the price is pretty good.
I don't think there's much point in getting just a pair of 60 lbs dumbbells. You would be better off getting pairs of 25 lbs, 10 lbs, and 5 lbs olmypic plates.

You're probably better off with adjustable dumbbells if you can't get a full set of dumbbells.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)