Travel

Trevelling from Vancouver to Paris and Vienna in July -when is the best time to book the flights?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2017 6:18 pm
Mar 14, 2006
998 posts
579 upvotes
Coquitlam

Trevelling from Vancouver to Paris and Vienna in July -when is the best time to book the flights?

We are planning to go to Paris and Vienna at the end of July for 2 weeks. Is there generally a best time to book the flights to take advantage of the lowest airfares? Right now to book a July flight to Paris from Vancouver, Paris to Vienna, and a flight home to Vancouver from Salzburg the airfare is $1,440 ( X 4). I am wondering if we should gamble and wait to see if the price will go down in the next few weeks or months......
4 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16872 posts
2557 upvotes
Google flights has a historical flight price calendar - so you can see what the average price is by month.

My hunch is that prices will go down - summer fares have not gone on sale yet.

Also, based on your itinerary, it maybe cheaper to book the intra-European flights with a low-cost carrier rather than all on a single ticket.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
4329 posts
1344 upvotes
Moncton
Only gamble if you don't have to go or are flexible on destinations and timing. Also, look at hotel prices if you haven't already. How does $500 a night sound?
Toronto is a very small part of Canada
Jan 17, 2017
258 posts
153 upvotes
If you are ending in Salzburg consider flying out of Munich. Might be cheaper.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16872 posts
2557 upvotes
MonctonMan wrote: Only gamble if you don't have to go or are flexible on destinations and timing. Also, look at hotel prices if you haven't already. How does $500 a night sound?
OP's trip is 6 months away, it's not much of a gamble, I would wait to book the flight.