Tags:
None
[OP]
May 21, 2007
24 posts
10 upvotes

troube with Acura 2002 1.7EL

Hi all,

for acura 2002 1.7EL wat do i do to get rid of the maintenance light that flash 3-4 times when i start the car? also, at the transmission oil, located in the engine area. i cant found the dip stick?

thanks.
11 replies
Nov 2, 2006
844 posts
17 upvotes
did u have a maintenance recently? if not, maybe do that. if yes, then the maintenance minder has to be reset.
Jul 7, 2005
685 posts
2 upvotes
Scarborough
read your owners manual its all there

this is how to do it for most honda's.... with engine off press and hold the odometer reset button. then turn the ignition switch one click, so you have power to your accessories but haven't started the car. hold onto the button until it the maintenance required light goes away
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
3365 posts
311 upvotes
As far as I remember, my old Integra has a button at the bottom of the steering column.
[OP]
May 21, 2007
24 posts
10 upvotes
Amuthini wrote:
May 22nd, 2007 6:56 pm
read your owners manual its all there

this is how to do it for most honda's.... with engine off press and hold the odometer reset button. then turn the ignition switch one click, so you have power to your accessories but haven't started the car. hold onto the button until it the maintenance required light goes away
Thanks, the reset does work. but i still need to know where the dip stick for transmission oil. I havnt locate it yet. i dont know if they have one. any help be great, thx all.
Jan 20, 2004
608 posts
44 upvotes
Manuals don't have transmission fluid dip stick.

If it's time to change your tranny fluid, just change it. If you have changed it recently and just want to make sure how much is in there, you would need to remove the passenger tire, with the car jacked to regular ride height, remove the tranny filler bolt, and see if the fluid is level with the opening of the filler hole.
[OP]
May 21, 2007
24 posts
10 upvotes
Ryus wrote:
May 23rd, 2007 9:19 am
Manuals don't have transmission fluid dip stick.

If it's time to change your tranny fluid, just change it. If you have changed it recently and just want to make sure how much is in there, you would need to remove the passenger tire, with the car jacked to regular ride height, remove the tranny filler bolt, and see if the fluid is level with the opening of the filler hole.
haha im so dumb, keep on thinking it tranmission oil.
is there any other way to check the tranmission fluid beside taking the tire out?
[OP]
May 21, 2007
24 posts
10 upvotes
when i first bought this car, my light SRS alway on. i ask a mechanic he told me dont bother to fix it. it alway come back? is this true? can anyone help solve this problem

thanks.
Jun 18, 2006
325 posts
5 upvotes
Acura wrote:
May 24th, 2007 10:32 am
when i first bought this car, my light SRS alway on. i ask a mechanic he told me dont bother to fix it. it alway come back? is this true? can anyone help solve this problem

thanks.
try this to see if it get's rid of it.
Jan 20, 2004
608 posts
44 upvotes
Acura wrote:
May 23rd, 2007 10:45 am
haha im so dumb, keep on thinking it tranmission oil.
is there any other way to check the tranmission fluid beside taking the tire out?
The answer is no, the tire is blocking the transmission filler bolt.

Like I said, there's no need to check it if its time to change it. Just change it, doesn't cost much, or you can do it yourself.
× < >