Site Comments & Suggestions

Locked: trouble with a mod (I think personal issue)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 6th, 2013 1:20 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2007
2233 posts
42 upvotes

trouble with a mod (I think personal issue)

Hi there

I am having an issue with a moderator here.

I got an infraction for swearing, but I didn't swear (details not important yet)

I got annoyed, and posted about it rudely (got another infraction and was banned.) - this makes sense since I shouldn't have done this

My ban was lifted today, I posted about it in the site comments, and the same mod from before banned me again for a long time now.
Reason: calling out a mod. I did mention the mod's name, but had no idea that is not allowed. (since I did not swear, was not rude, and only stated facts)

Now I would like to talk to another mod or anyone else, to get unbanned.

Thanks

(please note, this is not my account, this is my friend's account. I got his username and password so I can post this)
(also note, I did not mention the name of any mod here, and no details to reveal it either, I am asking a serious question and would like to just speak with someone about this)
(I am willing to talk to anyone over email)
3 replies
Deal Guru
May 25, 2011
10105 posts
14411 upvotes
Why would you do this to your friend's account? Or is this a double account? Ooooo.

Otherwise wait out your ban and talk to whomever at that time.
May 27, 2007
16088 posts
4769 upvotes
Toronto
Parth wrote: Hi there

I am having an issue with a moderator here.

I got an infraction for swearing, but I didn't swear (details not important yet)

I got annoyed, and posted about it rudely (got another infraction and was banned.) - this makes sense since I shouldn't have done this

My ban was lifted today, I posted about it in the site comments, and the same mod from before banned me again for a long time now.
Reason: calling out a mod. I did mention the mod's name, but had no idea that is not allowed. (since I did not swear, was not rude, and only stated facts)

Now I would like to talk to another mod or anyone else, to get unbanned.

Thanks

(please note, this is not my account, this is my friend's account. I got his username and password so I can post this)
(also note, I did not mention the name of any mod here, and no details to reveal it either, I am asking a serious question and would like to just speak with someone about this)
(I am willing to talk to anyone over email)
A few things I'm going to point out after digging up "your" username.
- It's not the first time you received the "Inappropriate Language" infraction for similar comments
- You've been on the forums long enough that you should have been aware of the escalation process

Also, let me just clarify that you did not get banned for creating the thread today - you received an infraction.
That infraction (along with your other active infraction) brought you over the threshold of 10 pts. Hence, you got banned automatically.

Lastly, is there a reason why you have access to your "friend's" account?

Anyways, if you still disagree with the mod's decision, send Kaitlyn or Andrew a PM...
RedFlagDeals.com
See an inappropriate post? Use the "Report Post" function to alert Moderators!