Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Nintendo

TRU: NINTENDO 2000 points card $15 ea. (when buy 2) (*05/14 - 05/20*)

• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2010 12:49 am
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
364 upvotes

[Nintendo] TRU: NINTENDO 2000 points card $15 ea. (when buy 2) (*05/14 - 05/20*)

not sure if this is an error, but currently TRU has a promo where you can buy 2 select Wii accs. and save $10

^note that the Wii points card is not listed, but the individual product webpg is
also, if you look in the flyer, Wii points card isn't advertised

TRU ($20): Nintendo Points Card - 2000 Points

[IMG]http://trusca.imageg.net/graphics/produ ... 1552dt.jpg[/IMG]

add 2 of them to cart and it ends up being $15 ea. + tax

that's essentially 25% off, which is the same discount TRU usually offers when they have the "lowest prices of the season" sales, and certainly better than FS/BB's usual online-only/F&F/PC sales that offer the typical 10-20% off

more info on fine print here: http://www.toysrus.ca/promo/index.jsp?promoId=4235905
[QUOTE]
Offer valid only while supplies last and not applicable to canceled orders due to out-of-stock merchandise. Discount not applicable with returned merchandise; total discount will be deducted from the value of any returned item to which the discount applied. This offer is not valid on previous purchases. This promotional offer may be modified or terminated at any time without notice. We reserve the right to cancel any order due to unauthorized, altered, or ineligible use of a discount.
[/QUOTE]

no idea if the same discount works instore for the Wii points card, since it isn't advertised in flyer, but usually the instore sales are coherent w/ online unless otherwise stated as "online only"
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!
9 replies
Apr 20, 2005
693 posts
7 upvotes
British Columbia
$7.95 shipping..there goes the savings! Too bad I don't have a physical TRU location anywhere near me, or I'd try in store. Thanks anyway!
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
364 upvotes
qrayzie wrote: $7.95 shipping..there goes the savings! Too bad I don't have a physical TRU location anywhere near me, or I'd try in store. Thanks anyway!
in that case i'd resort to PMing at the usual stores like FS/BB/stooples, or perhaps even WM/Zellers if they accept webpg printouts

(and yeah, the s/h is quite often the deal breaker for TRU.ca deals)
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
3567 posts
3194 upvotes
Will Toys R Us honour this price in store for 2 cards??

I see nothing in the fine print to say that they wont...

Save $10 with purchase of 2 of THESE Wii accessories.
Offer valid only while supplies last and not applicable to canceled orders due to out-of-stock merchandise. Discount not applicable with returned merchandise; total discount will be deducted from the value of any returned item to which the discount applied. This offer is not valid on previous purchases. This promotional offer may be modified or terminated at any time without notice. We reserve the right to cancel any order due to unauthorized, altered, or ineligible use of a discount.
HOW IT WORKS
Add all items to shopping cart to receive discount. While quantities last.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2007
2719 posts
53 upvotes
Etobicoke/Mississaug…
lightsout56 wrote: Will Toys R Us honour this price in store for 2 cards??

I see nothing in the fine print to say that they wont...

Save $10 with purchase of 2 of THESE Wii accessories.
HOW IT WORKS
Add all items to shopping cart to receive discount. While quantities last.
I don't think Wii points will work for this promotion, but you never know. I saw their flyer early this morning too and the thought of Wii points as accessories didn't come across my mind :lol:
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
3567 posts
3194 upvotes
TheGamer2400 wrote: I don't think Wii points will work for this promotion, but you never know. I saw their flyer early this morning too and the thought of Wii points as accessories didn't come across my mind :lol:
What I cut and pasted is the fine print on the TRU website for the Wii points promotion.

I just want to know if they honour online prices/promotions in store.

Thanks
Aug 1, 2005
789 posts
78 upvotes
mahjongmaniac; wrote:in that case i'd resort to PMing at the usual stores like FS/BB/stooples, or perhaps even WM/Zellers if they accept webpg printouts

(and yeah, the s/h is quite often the deal breaker for TRU.ca deals)
I tryed PMing my local FS for something else and they told me they include the shipping cost into the PM. If true nothing to get there either.
Jan 5, 2006
914 posts
264 upvotes
Markham
best deal for wii points should be 20x (actually 21x) at SDM
wii points is not gift card, you'll get 20x
(sadly xbox live points or 1 year "is" gift card in their system :cry :)

stock too many wii points card, nowhere to use
100% ebay rating since 02 ebay :razz:
Heat
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
364 upvotes
lightsout56 wrote: What I cut and pasted is the fine print on the TRU website for the Wii points promotion.

I just want to know if they honour online prices/promotions in store.

Thanks
i think the more impt q? ATM is whether or not the promo exists in their system
if it is, the discount should be automatic (similar to their recent B2G1F game deal, receipt should indicate some "ECONO" savings discount)

but on a related note, a long time ago i've noted price discrepancies b/t online/instore and when i asked for a PM, they said they couldn't b/c "online is a separate entity"
made no sense to me seeing that TRU B&M and TRU.ca are one and the same store

anyway, that was just my exp. ... YMMV

--------
meall wrote: I tryed PMing my local FS for something else and they told me they include the shipping cost into the PM. If true nothing to get there either.
yeah, for PMs instore, if it's not local they do have the right to tack-on s/h charges
you could perhaps try online PMs (FS/BB)... i've sometimes had luck where when the price diff. is small (and the competitor is a well-known retailer), the CSRs are either careless or don't bother w/ s/h charges, and just give the 110% PM credit
MJM

Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
364 upvotes
mahjongmaniac wrote: i think the more impt q? ATM is whether or not the promo exists in their system
if it is, the discount should be automatic (similar to their recent B2G1F game deal, receipt should indicate some "ECONO" savings discount)
woops totally forgot about this deal

FWIW, i phoned a couple stores yesterday night and asked the CSRs to scan 2 of these in the transaction and the pre-tax total did come to $30, which means the $10 discount is automatic

so the deal is indeed valid instore
MJM

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)