Off Topic

Trudeau’s trip to Aga Khan’s (billionaire) private island kept secret to protect privacy, PMO says

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 16th, 2017 2:12 am
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2010
3999 posts
572 upvotes
kenchau wrote:
Feb 6th, 2017 9:47 pm
Let's hear your thoughts on Justin Trudeau then.

Didn't think so. Hypocrisy. Partisan logic. :facepalm:

10 pages in this thread and you never said one peep about Justin, but jump in as soon as there's something about Ambrose...and even then, she didn't violate any ethics law.

Your character has been quashed. You're a blatant hypocrite with your undeniable partisan hat.
When you attack the poster instead of the argument, you never win said argument.

Now, try again.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
6320 posts
490 upvotes
Toronto
MaximDude wrote:
Feb 6th, 2017 11:26 pm
The whole thing that pisses me off with Ambrose on this issue is that it isn't just whether ethics rules were broken or not, its her and the rest of the PC party constantly railing on Trudeau about mingling with the rich and yet here she is doing the exact same thing ...
Exactly.
Tonight I heard on the CTV news that she actually kicked off the attack on Trudeau while still on her billionaire's yacht. And that afterwards she checked in with the ethics commissioner about her own trip. What a hypocrite she has turned out to be!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
5975 posts
224 upvotes
Jimbobs wrote:
Feb 6th, 2017 11:51 pm
Exactly.
Tonight I heard on the CTV news that she actually kicked off the attack on Trudeau while still on her billionaire's yacht. And that afterwards she checked in with the ethics commissioner about her own trip. What a hypocrite she has turned out to be!
She's the leader of the opposition not the PM and she didn't violate any of the ethics rules so who cares? You're allowed to vacation wherever you want as an MP but you're not allowed to accept travel as a gift and Justin should have let the ethics commissioner know that he was vacationing with a registered lobbyist so he could recuse himself from anything in parliament related to the Aga Khan or his "charities".

Trying to make the two things equal is just typical partisan hackery.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4781 posts
915 upvotes
Mississauga
JustBob wrote:
Feb 6th, 2017 11:32 pm
When you attack the poster instead of the argument, you never win said argument.

Now, try again.
First of all, there is no argument to be won because the only loser is Justin Trudeau who quite clearly violated the ethics rules. Only someone with their Liberal partisan hat thinks there's some debate here between a person that has not violated any ethics rules compared to their selfie-loving chosen one who has. Delusional.

Secondly, an attack would be calling you something you aren't, of which I have not done. It is a matter of fact, that you are a hypocrite.

Case closed. Bye!
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
5012 posts
1039 upvotes
GTA
Only a partisan hack would not see a hypocrisy in Ambrose's actions. It's fair to say that JT's case looks worse because he's a PM and has accepted the trip as a gift, but to simply dismiss the fact that the opposition leader criticizing him for "lavish vacation at a billionaire's private island" is doing so from another billionaire's yacht... well, I doubt most voters will not see at least a minor problem there. :)
Sep 1, 2013
383 posts
89 upvotes
Mississauga
I don't know why it's necessary to choose; I can't stand either of them. Trudeau for his obvious indifference to the weakening middle class, and Ambrose for her hypocrisy. Neither should be hobnobbing with the elite as they are.

If there is anyone left in politics with any sense of ethics, they'll never be candidates for leader as the system is stacked against anyone like that.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2010
3999 posts
572 upvotes
izzyzz wrote:
Feb 7th, 2017 7:27 am
Only a partisan hack would not see a hypocrisy in Ambrose's actions. It's fair to say that JT's case looks worse because he's a PM and has accepted the trip as a gift, but to simply dismiss the fact that the opposition leader criticizing him for "lavish vacation at a billionaire's private island" is doing so from another billionaire's yacht... well, I doubt most voters will not see at least a minor problem there. :)
Well duh. But yes, partisan hackery (which apparently also gives you mind reading abilities) is alive and well...
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
6320 posts
490 upvotes
Toronto
hugh_da_man wrote:
Feb 7th, 2017 3:03 am
She's the leader of the opposition not the PM and she didn't violate any of the ethics rules so who cares? You're allowed to vacation wherever you want as an MP but you're not allowed to accept travel as a gift and Justin should have let the ethics commissioner know that he was vacationing with a registered lobbyist so he could recuse himself from anything in parliament related to the Aga Khan or his "charities".

Trying to make the two things equal is just typical partisan hackery.
You can argue any of those points until the cows come home but she lost the high moral ground when her own trip was revealed which is why this has gone from being headline news to ... nothing. Had she any political sense, she would have gotten another member of her front bench to attack Trudeau and stayed out of the frame herself.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
5975 posts
224 upvotes
Jimbobs wrote:
Feb 7th, 2017 1:18 pm
You can argue any of those points until the cows come home but she lost the high moral ground when her own trip was revealed which is why this has gone from being headline news to ... nothing. Had she any political sense, she would have gotten another member of her front bench to attack Trudeau and stayed out of the frame herself.
Canadians were never really upset about the vacation, they're upset about the ethics violations and what appears to be a blatant conflict of interest. Both Ambrose and Justin are out of touch with average Canadians because they vacation with billionaires...I totally understand that and agree. That's a wash. Justin though BROKE THE LAW. This isn't going to go away if the ethics commissioner finds against him. It's at least going to cost them their majority and if Kevin O'Leary wins the CPC leadership, it'll probably cost them the government completely.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
6320 posts
490 upvotes
Toronto
hugh_da_man wrote:
Feb 7th, 2017 3:37 pm
Canadians were never really upset about the vacation, they're upset about the ethics violations and what appears to be a blatant conflict of interest. Both Ambrose and Justin are out of touch with average Canadians because they vacation with billionaires...I totally understand that and agree. That's a wash. Justin though BROKE THE LAW. This isn't going to go away if the ethics commissioner finds against him. It's at least going to cost them their majority and if Kevin O'Leary wins the CPC leadership, it'll probably cost them the government completely.
I think you may be getting ahead of yourself here. So far, nobody has decided that Trudeau "broke the law". It will be up to the ethics commissioned to decide whether he did or not.
Penalty Box
Oct 15, 2006
4264 posts
437 upvotes
Jimbobs wrote:
Feb 7th, 2017 5:05 pm
I think you may be getting ahead of yourself here. So far, nobody has decided that Trudeau "broke the law". It will be up to the ethics commissioned to decide whether he did or not.
I think the people of canada are smart enough to declare that he broke the law instead of relying on a corrupt "ethics" commission to do it for them.

Trudeau is milking everything he can out of this short termed selfie administration. What do you expect when you put a teenager in charge?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
5975 posts
224 upvotes
Jimbobs wrote:
Feb 7th, 2017 5:05 pm
How exactly did he not break the law? Everyone but the ethics commissioner has decided that Trudeau broke the law. Take your partisan hat off...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
5975 posts
224 upvotes
That truly is the funniest part about Liberals. Ambrose is a hypocrite and Trudeau didn't break the law...and I'm the partisan hack!