Off Topic

Trudeau’s trip to Aga Khan’s (billionaire) private island kept secret to protect privacy, PMO says

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 16th, 2017 2:12 am
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
4416 posts
1300 upvotes
Kingston, ON
ConsoleWatcher wrote:
Jan 7th, 2017 12:29 pm
All heads of government take government vehicles wherever they go. Because of the nature of their jobs, they can't simply travel alone; they have to be accompanied by security staff and other staff. If, for example, he has eight bodyguards and six staffers, should he be expected to pay for those 14 plane tickets?
I believe the PM is actually required to use the Challengers as opposed to commercial. It was the same situation anytime Harper went to a Stanley Cup playoff game (and those were quite a few trips).

Standard procedure is to reimburse the government for the equivalent of a commercial ticket, which I believe Trudeau did for last year's holidays as well.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 12, 2003
8043 posts
1034 upvotes
Markham
I have no problem for him to go on vacation and keep the location secret, but I concerns for the excessive spending on his family vacations. Canadian Citizens are not suppose to sponsor his vacation.
I agree with certain arrangement and protection as a political leader, but excessive spending should come off from his own pocket.

As a typical Canadian citizen who working in this country, I paid my own vacation, my job is not sponsoring me anything else for it.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2015
2573 posts
425 upvotes
BC
bluedealz wrote:
Jan 7th, 2017 10:59 am
Sounds all fine to me but why the f**k did he take a government jet to fly there? As his schedule stated, it was a "personal" visit. So it should have been funded using his private funds.
He did pay it back and see posts by ConsoleWatcher & Mike etc.
Last edited by canucky1 on Jan 7th, 2017 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go Raptors, Go!
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2015
2573 posts
425 upvotes
BC
Piro21 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2017 8:22 am
No wonder he's so focused on bringing half the middle east into this country without going through proper immigration channels. I bet he got some pretty sweet financial incentives.
Innuendo and lies - The National Enquirer or Daily Fail will hire you NOW!
Go Raptors, Go!
Penalty Box
Dec 9, 2003
4257 posts
452 upvotes
Calgary
He probably has lots of 80 year old friends
I apologize for offending sensitivities of alt right, alt left, or anyone in the middle, for humor or perspectives, for my maturity and occasional errors. I apologize for misunderstandings on gender, religion, politics, race or deals.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2015
2573 posts
425 upvotes
BC
Family friends, Cough, I have a few myself.
Go Raptors, Go!
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2006
3153 posts
200 upvotes
We have couple of people from his community. They say that they are told openly to vote Trudeau only. No one else. ever
This is all about votes.
And free stuff from well connected liberals. Imagine if PM Harper would have done this. But the morons who support Liberals will accept an BS from Trudeau and Wynne.
This clearly shows Trudeau is so so disconnected form common people.
So how much is spend on RCMP security
“There are some things money can’t buy, and for everything else there’s MasterCard. Well, get out your checkbooks ladies and gentlemen, because it seems like the entire liberal cabinet can be bought. TRUDEAU: I CAN’T BE BOUGHT...LMAO. Because its 2017
Banned
Sep 3, 2016
122 posts
57 upvotes
ConsoleWatcher wrote:
Jan 7th, 2017 12:29 pm
All heads of government take government vehicles wherever they go. Because of the nature of their jobs, they can't simply travel alone; they have to be accompanied by security staff and other staff. If, for example, he has eight bodyguards and six staffers, should he be expected to pay for those 14 plane tickets?
First of all, what are the staffers doing there in the first place? It's a vacation, not work!! If the staffers want something from him then I am sure he can be reached via email/phone/etc. 8 bodyguards? Wtf... ok... how about 2? One for him, one for his wife and kids. Alternatively, he can rent a private plane and take as many bodyguards as he wants as the price is fixed/based on the trip.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2012
2903 posts
321 upvotes
Ottawa
bluedealz wrote:
Jan 7th, 2017 3:53 pm
First of all, what are the staffers doing there in the first place? It's a vacation, not work!! If the staffers want something from him then I am sure he can be reached via email/phone/etc. 8 bodyguards? Wtf... ok... how about 2? One for him, one for his wife and kids. Alternatively, he can rent a private plane and take as many bodyguards as he wants as the price is fixed/based on the trip.
I don't know what his particular security situation is, but my point is that every head of state travels with a security detail and most travel with staffers. Since it's a requirement of the office they are usually only required to reimburse the gov't for the cost of a first class plane ticket.

When you are the head of a government, even when you are in vacation there are occasional work tasks that need to be done, hence the staffers.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2009
5239 posts
2673 upvotes
The Khanster just talking to Justin about how he can hide his money in Canadian real estate... thats all... oh and more tax breaks for his aga khan cult... err religion in Canada...
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7205 posts
428 upvotes
canucky1 wrote:
Jan 6th, 2017 10:31 pm
Why don't you just write for rags like the Daily Mail and Murdoch's Fox where innuendo and conspiracy theory will replace any factual relevancy or scrutiny of the facts. Of course there is always a possibility of anything, but this alone is not evidence, and politicians always walk in particular circles including wealthier and less wealthy. Who cares? Scrutinize his policies and character and impact on the country, not gossip mongering please.

From Globe and Mail:

"Trudeau, who never misses a chance to sell Canada as a destination for foreign investment, had planned to attend the annual mid-January meeting of billionaires, investors, celebrities and politicians.

But this week, Trudeau came under fire for accepting an invitation to join the Aga Khan at the wealthy religious leader’s private Bahamian island.

A spokesman for the prime minister, Cameron Ahmad, is confirming a National Post report that the Aga Khan invited the Trudeau family and a few friends to join him on Bell Island.

The Aga Khan is the hereditary spiritual leader of the world’s approximately 15 million Ismaili Muslims and a renowned philanthropist.

Ahmad notes that the Aga Khan and Trudeau “have been close family friends for many years.”"
Oh it's about this...

"The Global Affairs Canada website lists 16 partnerships with the Aga Khan Foundation of Canada since 2004.

The most recent one is a five-year, $55-million project to improve health services in Afghanistan that was announced in December 2015 under the Trudeau government."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau ... -1.3924568

Looks like Trudeau's private island vacation in the Bahamas cost taxpayer's $55 million dollars in the end. Even a billionaire doesn't want to spend their own money (and why should they when they have Trudeau giving away taxpayer money?), and yet we've got people on here whining about Tangerine not offering them a better interest rate on their savings.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7205 posts
428 upvotes
Trudeau's no different than any of the other politicians in-fact, he's actually worse. His leadership style is quite dictatorial much like his and his father's hero Castro. Some examples of this were the health financing budget and carbon taxes which we just rammed through without a concern. Being a millionaire himself, he can't connect with the low and middle economic classes (just like premier Wynne in Ontario can't either) when it comes to taxes/fees). There will be a lot of families hurting (just like there are in Ontario now) by the time he gets tossed - that's why legalizing marijuana is a priority for his government, so that people won't really know how bad off they are economically thanks to poor Liberal policies.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2008
2860 posts
220 upvotes
Sanyo wrote:
Jan 7th, 2017 4:51 pm
The Khanster just talking to Justin about how he can hide his money in Canadian real estate... thats all... oh and more tax breaks for his aga khan cult... err religion in Canada...
What tax breaks? Lol, they're Muslims of the more "moderate" variety that everybody is wishing we had more of, and now they're a "cult"? I guess there's no spectrum - of you're Muslim, you're either radical or brainwashed.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2015
2573 posts
425 upvotes
BC
Frankie3s wrote:
Jan 7th, 2017 8:49 pm
Trudeau's no different than any of the other politicians in-fact, he's actually worse. His leadership style is quite dictatorial much like his and his father's hero Castro. Some examples of this were the health financing budget and carbon taxes which we just rammed through without a concern. Being a millionaire himself, he can't connect with the low and middle economic classes (just like premier Wynne in Ontario can't either) when it comes to taxes/fees). There will be a lot of families hurting (just like there are in Ontario now) by the time he gets tossed - that's why legalizing marijuana is a priority for his government, so that people won't really know how bad off they are economically thanks to poor Liberal policies.
Opinions brought to you by Frankie Frank who *surprise* hates Trudeau

Maybe you can get a job as a fake news blogger. The Russians could use some help.
Go Raptors, Go!