Off Topic

Trudeau’s trip to Aga Khan’s (billionaire) private island kept secret to protect privacy, PMO says

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 16th, 2017 2:12 am
Penalty Box
Dec 25, 2004
2275 posts
220 upvotes
Anything that the left disagrees with is "fake news". Trudeau spoke kindly about Fidel Castro as did his father. The health care and carbon taxes rammed through are not fake news.

You can defend, deflect and deny all you like. People who can think for themselves will see the reality.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
1274 posts
233 upvotes
Ontario
If Harper had given this guy $55 million and then gone on holiday at his private island where a 1 million donation made it okay to build a bigger area for his huge boat there would be riots. JT is a fundraising crook who is getting a free pass.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2010
5011 posts
1866 upvotes
peano wrote:
Jan 8th, 2017 5:14 am
Anything that the left disagrees with is "fake news". Trudeau spoke kindly about Fidel Castro as did his father. The health care and carbon taxes rammed through are not fake news.

You can defend, deflect and deny all you like. People who can think for themselves will see the reality.
+1
Mar 6, 2014
402 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
Frankie3s wrote:
Jan 7th, 2017 8:49 pm
Trudeau's no different than any of the other politicians in-fact, he's actually worse. His leadership style is quite dictatorial much like his and his father's hero Castro. Some examples of this were the health financing budget and carbon taxes which we just rammed through without a concern. Being a millionaire himself, he can't connect with the low and middle economic classes (just like premier Wynne in Ontario can't either) when it comes to taxes/fees). There will be a lot of families hurting (just like there are in Ontario now) by the time he gets tossed - that's why legalizing marijuana is a priority for his government, so that people won't really know how bad off they are economically thanks to poor Liberal policies.
We are in the presence of a millionaire! From what I have read though, that makes you the poorest person on this forum.

I agree that the JT administration does have some priority issues to deal with. Legalizing marijuana should be way down on the list, after the economy and healthcare.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2008
2973 posts
296 upvotes
webshark wrote:
Jan 8th, 2017 6:33 am
If Harper had given this guy $55 million and then gone on holiday at his private island where a 1 million donation made it okay to build a bigger area for his huge boat there would be riots. JT is a fundraising crook who is getting a free pass.
The Aga Khan Development Network has received over $300M from Canada since 2004 and Harper made the Aga Khan an honorary citizen in 2010 - were there riots?
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
2038 posts
424 upvotes
Concord, ON
Does OP think PM should've went to a Trump hotel instead?

Lol

All vacation properties are owned by rich people

Does OP think PM should only be allowed to goto a trailer park or backpacking trip?

Lol stupid thread
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
2038 posts
424 upvotes
Concord, ON
webshark wrote:
Jan 8th, 2017 6:33 am
Huh? Harper gave him more than that and made the guy a Canadian citizen

Wow...You're even more clueless than OP
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
2038 posts
424 upvotes
Concord, ON
Conquistador wrote:
Jan 8th, 2017 11:07 am
+1
Wrong.......Right just dismiss everything as fake news

"No puppet, no puppet... You're the puppet" that's the rights response Lol lol
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2009
6209 posts
3413 upvotes
random pattern wrote:
Jan 7th, 2017 11:44 pm
What tax breaks? Lol, they're Muslims of the more "moderate" variety that everybody is wishing we had more of, and now they're a "cult"? I guess there's no spectrum - of you're Muslim, you're either radical or brainwashed.
That goes for any religion really..
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2015
2573 posts
426 upvotes
BC
peano wrote:
Jan 8th, 2017 5:14 am

Ah no. Fake news is FAKE - innuendo - and essentially propaganda.

Even if it does jive with your narrow minded and angry view of the world. And you think you think for yourself? You're a walking Fox and Breitbart and Daily Fail advertisement - predictable doesn't even cover the predictability....
Go Raptors, Go!
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
1885 posts
237 upvotes
Well Trudeau has plenty of time to vacation with a muslim philanthropist since he's not concentrating on the economy. I'm just waiting for the next announcement of him handing out X billions to X country. We really need a government that's fiscally responsible and actually sticks to their promise of economic growth.
Penalty Box
Dec 25, 2004
2275 posts
220 upvotes
canucky1 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2017 6:11 pm
Ah no. Fake news is FAKE - innuendo - and essentially propaganda.

Even if it does jive with your narrow minded and angry view of the world. And you think you think for yourself? You're a walking Fox and Breitbart and Daily Fail advertisement - predictable doesn't even cover the predictability....
Still so bitter about Trump being elected aren't you? I am not angry at all or narrow minded. You seem very angry though.

I am a realist. ( the one -ist word the left don't use). Because my opinions differ from yours you have to label me something. I really don't care what you think.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2015
2573 posts
426 upvotes
BC
peano wrote:
Jan 8th, 2017 8:26 pm
Still so bitter about Trump being elected aren't you? I am not angry at all or narrow minded. You seem very angry though.

I am a realist. ( the one -ist word the left don't use). Because my opinions differ from yours you have to label me something. I really don't care what you think.
Realist - lol That's one way to see yourself, Trump describes himself similarly so you are in good company. As to his win, I do find it very comical that a thin skinned, shady, misogynistic and intellectually lacking rat is the Leader of the US and admired by those that equate his crassness with some form of honesty. But at least we have Trudeau so we're good peano :)

As to my statement, not angry at all, just correcting your lies above. Fake news is fake because it's fake, aka a lie, a slant, fake innuendo and propaganda. I thought it was pretty simple. Enjoy your mindset.
Go Raptors, Go!
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2611 posts
184 upvotes
for real i've heard the term realist too many times that it makes it sound your in more touch with reality than anyone else. why not just admit that everyone has a bias than to call yourself either an optimist, pessimist, or realist. it's more productive and honest to have conversation than blame one another for their lack of "realistic" attitude. it's quite obvious everyone has their self-interest and sometimes those interests aren't always rooted in reality
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2012
1049 posts
88 upvotes
MB
America has Trump, and we...well we have Justin.
"I will tell you how to become rich. Close the doors. Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful."
- Warren Buffett