Off Topic

Trudeau’s trip to Aga Khan’s (billionaire) private island kept secret to protect privacy, PMO says

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 16th, 2017 2:12 am
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
15419 posts
2227 upvotes
Toronto
Perks of the job, he ain't gonna take Air Canada to get there. C'mon people.
RedFlagDeals addict
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2012
1578 posts
243 upvotes
MB
He is not my prime minister, I didn't vote for him. I think Canadians deserve better.
Sig removed due to rule violations
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
4176 posts
273 upvotes
DaVibe wrote:
Jan 8th, 2017 9:18 pm
Perks of the job, he ain't gonna take Air Canada to get there. C'mon people.
Exactly. He can't fly commercial. RCMP won't let him. This has been reported/documented before.

So he went to the Bahamas. Big deal. Parliament is on break anyways. It's not as if he's missing Question Period.

I don't doubt he knew Castro & Khan on a personal father because of his dad. Highly doubt there are back door deals going on, but who knows. Only time will tell..

He should be in the Caribbean getting Turks and Caicos to join us as a territory. We need a warm area to go to!
I'm looking for a NZ Silver Fern Kiwi coin! :)
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8008 posts
930 upvotes
mtlboy wrote:
Jan 8th, 2017 7:11 pm
Well Trudeau has plenty of time to vacation with a muslim philanthropist since he's not concentrating on the economy. I'm just waiting for the next announcement of him handing out X billions to X country. We really need a government that's fiscally responsible and actually sticks to their promise of economic growth.
I agree. However, as proven in Ontario, the Liberals are a tax and spend government and they can't even get that right (just look at the waste, mismanagement and scandals - not too mention no one going to jail for such criminal losses). From Trudeau's actions he's not really interested in the economy, and only gave the pipeline approvals to get Alberta's support on the carbon tax scam. Imagine the irony, he's telling us to get off of fossil fuels but yet has no problem sending it somewhere else where it will be used to pollute - I think this is called a hypocrite?
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2010
1700 posts
136 upvotes
Frankie3s wrote:
Jan 8th, 2017 11:46 pm
I agree. However, as proven in Ontario, the Liberals are a tax and spend government and they can't even get that right (just look at the waste, mismanagement and scandals - not too mention no one going to jail for such criminal losses). From Trudeau's actions he's not really interested in the economy, and only gave the pipeline approvals to get Alberta's support on the carbon tax scam. Imagine the irony, he's telling us to get off of fossil fuels but yet has no problem sending it somewhere else where it will be used to pollute - I think this is called a hypocrite?
Honestly, Wynne has been a very strong leader to date. We'll see if people agree with you next year.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
3013 posts
435 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
Shaner wrote:
Jan 7th, 2017 10:20 am
Of course. That's the problem with the party system. People are brainwashed into being loyal to a specific party regardless of who the MP's are or what they are doing/stand for.

The entire party system should be abolished. It should be all independents voting on matters based on their constituents beliefs/wishes.

There also needs to be a simple and easy process for removing sitting MP's and MPP's
But that would end tribalism. How uncivilized!
signature removed for inappropriate content
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
3013 posts
435 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
insurance1 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2017 12:25 am
Honestly, Wynne has been a very strong leader to date. We'll see if people agree with you next year.
you are not being honest. you work for the government. ergo...
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2010
1700 posts
136 upvotes
eldeejay wrote:
Jan 9th, 2017 8:27 am
you are not being honest. you work for the government. ergo...
I just looked through my history. I have never admitted to working for the government. Also, 1.2 million of us in Ontario work for the government. Kathleen Wynne only got 1.8 million votes to secure her majority government in 2014 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ontario_g ... tion,_2014). She can't lose an election.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
3013 posts
435 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
insurance1 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2017 11:21 am
I just looked through my history. I have never admitted to working for the government. Also, 1.2 million of us in Ontario work for the government. Kathleen Wynne only got 1.8 million votes to secure her majority government in 2014 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ontario_g ... tion,_2014). She can't lose an election.
Tres cool.
Penalty Box
Dec 25, 2004
2275 posts
222 upvotes
insurance1 wrote:
Yes you did.

annual-increase-2013-a-1481851/

Annual Increase 2013

What was your annual increase for 2013?

State your industry as well.
insurance1 wrote:
May 14th, 2014 9:32 pm
Ontario government. 2.5% inflationary increase plus 4% for moving up the grid for my position. 6.5% total.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
7729 posts
251 upvotes
There's a reason a significant majority of Canadians voted against this guy.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2012
4324 posts
508 upvotes
Ottawa
hugh_da_man wrote:
Jan 9th, 2017 2:05 pm
There's a reason a significant majority of Canadians voted against this guy.
In every federal election since at least 2000 (and probably farther back;I didn't look) every party in power won by obtaining less than 50 percent of totat votes cast). It's nothing new.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2002
5145 posts
509 upvotes
insurance1 wrote:
I'm confused because you also said
insurance1 wrote:
Nov 27th, 2016 11:43 pm
I guess I'm just annoyed by all the immigrants because I've been unemployed for about a year now. I just spend all of my time online applying for jobs, but I've only gotten a handful of interviews, and didn't get any offers. I have a Masters of Public Administration from a top school. I'm not sure how it's fair that I'm going to have more competition....
http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=14378

Mourinho IN!!!!

I promise not to cut your taxes but I won't raise them either.