Off Topic

Trudeau’s trip to Aga Khan’s (billionaire) private island kept secret to protect privacy, PMO says

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 16th, 2017 2:12 am
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
2038 posts
427 upvotes
Concord, ON
Trudeau at least went to a Candian citizen's home for vacation.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2010
5907 posts
2623 upvotes
peano wrote:
Jan 10th, 2017 5:38 am
And of course the usual suspects will soon be ranting here how the articles cannot be taken seriously because of the publisher. The usual scripted labels, which they use ad nauseam, along with a comic or two will attempt to deflect. But there won't be anything to dispute the facts.
GrandePike wrote:
Jan 10th, 2017 8:40 am
Calgary sun? Lol
Nailed it, peano. And we should probably expect some shots at Harper, too. :lol:

And here's the writer's bio and one that you'd think would get Pike's left-leaning stamp of approval. I guess everybody can draw their own conclusions about that.
Tom Parkin
Postmedia Network
Tom Parkin is a political writer and frequent media commentator with a social democratic perspective. Having politically cut his teeth as a student working to convince the University of Toronto to divest from apartheid South Africa, he later worked for social democratic governments in Ontario and Saskatchewan. He has worked in the labour movement supporting collective bargaining and public policy campaigns, presenting his research to boards of arbitration, legislative committees and industry technical groups, including the Walkerton Commission of Inquiry. He now serves as a dad, husband and senior manager at a non-profit training organization.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
7741 posts
251 upvotes
The biggest problem I see for Trudeau and the Liberals is that he's the majority of their popularity. The narrative that he's corruptible and crooked is an easy one to attach to a Liberal and a lot of them are already so hated in their own ridings that they need Trudeau's popularity to carry them in future elections. If he's reduced to mediocre support levels like 30 or 40% then you're looking at panic time for the Liberal party. If I were them I'd even consider dropping Trudeau and trying to get Mark Carney to come back to run against Kevin O'Leary. Trudeau could always try to become PM again in the future but it's fairly apparent that he wasn't ready to be PM and the Conservatives are going to beat that message into the heads of Canadians after they pick their leader in May.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8036 posts
962 upvotes
Wynne blasts Ottawa over health funding
https://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark ... nding.html

Looks like Wynne's Honeymoon with Justin is over. She even worked hard to get him elected and now gets a knife in the back for all that effort (pretty standard amongst Liberals with each other nowadays). Hope she knows how Ontarions now feel.
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Sep 1, 2013
708 posts
268 upvotes
Mississauga
Wynne's hardly one to talk. At this point I imagine she's desperate and will latch onto anything she can throw criticism at to deflect from her own shortcomings and sub-basement approval rating.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 3, 2011
5251 posts
2359 upvotes
Thornhill
I'd invite him to my private oasis but I'm pretty sure a regular lot with a regular house on a regular street with no access to an ocean, in fact thousands of miles away from an ocean, would have virtually zero appeal to our leader.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it would also have virtually zero appeal to even a nobody looking for a vacation spot.

So the OP's point is?
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8499 upvotes
GTHA
hugh_da_man wrote:
Jan 9th, 2017 2:24 pm
So? A significant majority of Canadians voted against Trudeau. There's a reason that he promised to change the electoral system and now he's not because a significant majority of Canadians voted against him.
He has still promised to replace the current electoral system by the 2019 election.

"Trudeau insisted that replacing Monsef with Gould does not signal a change in his promise to replace Canada’s first-past-the-post electoral system by the 2019 election."
from http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/cabinet- ... -1.3234857
Temp. Banned
Mar 29, 2015
1975 posts
150 upvotes
Wood Bridge
Aga Khan isn't he that guy that owns the nice looking museum in the Don Mills and Egg neighbourhood? I always wanted to take my kids to a museum but not the one downtown cus of lack of parking and busy downtown neighbourhood. we might very well go to his museum instead. my kids love dinosours and ancient artifacts etc
Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
7741 posts
251 upvotes
tk1000 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2017 8:53 pm
He has still promised to replace the current electoral system by the 2019 election.

"Trudeau insisted that replacing Monsef with Gould does not signal a change in his promise to replace Canada’s first-past-the-post electoral system by the 2019 election."
from http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/cabinet- ... -1.3234857
What good are Trudeau's promises? Just look at what Jane Fonda had to say about Trudeau and his promises. How can we trust him on something like electoral reform when we can't even trust him on something as important as climate change?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/ ... -1.3930806
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2003
4484 posts
161 upvotes
Austin/Markham
How many posters have spent Christmas in Ottawa? I really can't blame Trudeau for getting the heck out of dodge...however it would've been nice if he'd spent it in Canada, being the head of Canada its nice if he can drive tourist dollars into the country rather than abroad.

Obviously ppl shouldn't expect the PM of CANADA to be flying commercial economy out of the country, that would be ridiculous.
__
demandez-lui si elle dormira avec vous pour un LED keychain
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
2038 posts
427 upvotes
Concord, ON
Conquistador wrote:
Jan 10th, 2017 2:50 pm
Nailed it, peano. And we should probably expect some shots at Harper, too. :lol:

And here's the writer's bio and one that you'd think would get Pike's left-leaning stamp of approval. I guess everybody can draw their own conclusions about that.
Yup...

What do you have against Trudeau visiting another Candian philantropist?

You think Trudeau shouldn't be talking to other candians?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8036 posts
962 upvotes
hugh_da_man wrote:
Jan 11th, 2017 3:52 pm
What good are Trudeau's promises? Just look at what Jane Fonda had to say about Trudeau and his promises. How can we trust him on something like electoral reform when we can't even trust him on something as important as climate change?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/ ... -1.3930806
I agree. Trudeau's not in any rush for an electoral reform especially since it could mean a kick to the curve for being a dictator just like his hero Castro.
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2006
3153 posts
207 upvotes
GrandePike wrote:
Jan 11th, 2017 5:21 pm
Yup...

What do you have against Trudeau visiting another Candian philantropist?

You think Trudeau shouldn't be talking to other Canadians?
So in that case you will be so angry that he went to a Chinese or to be specific Non Canadians home for $1500 donation?
He is eating lunch with many Chinese business people who are not Canadians.
“There are some things money can’t buy, and for everything else there’s MasterCard. Well, get out your checkbooks ladies and gentlemen, because it seems like the entire liberal cabinet can be bought. TRUDEAU: I CAN’T BE BOUGHT...LMAO. Because its 2017
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2006
3153 posts
207 upvotes
Frankie3s wrote:
Jan 11th, 2017 6:31 pm
I agree. Trudeau's not in any rush for an electoral reform especially since it could mean a kick to the curve for being a dictator just like his hero Castro.
He learned from the Best. Wynne and McGuinty. And the famous guy who increased taxes and cut money for Ontario. Yes the same one who was FM and then PM.
And the same Liberals supporters are angry with PM Harper as liar and one man show. And yes Trump.
This guy is one man selfie show. Selfie with common man. Or idiot young people.
Then enjoy with millionaires and billionaires and screw rest of Canada.
“There are some things money can’t buy, and for everything else there’s MasterCard. Well, get out your checkbooks ladies and gentlemen, because it seems like the entire liberal cabinet can be bought. TRUDEAU: I CAN’T BE BOUGHT...LMAO. Because its 2017
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8036 posts
962 upvotes
Well it looks Like Trudeau has not been entirely honest with the public and has gotten caught,

"Justin Trudeau took an MP, party president to vacation on Aga Khan’s private island

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau brought a Liberal MP and the party president along on his recent, controversial vacation on a private island.

The news raises more questions about potential conflicts of interest brought to light when it was revealed Trudeau vacationed with his family and some friends on the Bahamian island belonging to the Aga Khan – whose foundation receives millions in funding from the federal government.

Seamus O’Regan, MP for St. John’s South—Mount Pearl in Newfoundland and Labrador, and his husband, and party president Anna Gainey and her husband were guests of the Aga Khan’s along with the Trudeau family, a spokesman for the prime minister confirmed Wednesday."

http://globalnews.ca/news/3174207/justi ... -aga-khan/

President of the Liberal party, MP were also invited, doubtful it was for a gang bang except on the taxpayer.