Off Topic

Trudeau paid khadr while ensuring it couldn't be touched.

790 replies
Nov 10, 2015
928 posts
224 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
Justin does like giving out money and apologies.
As for Khadr, I doubt he'll be spending any of that money at Disneyland.
Anyone But Justin 2019
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
7592 posts
1424 upvotes
Seems like the same $10 million and apology that Harper gave in 2007
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/harper-s- ... r-1.646481

Earlier Friday, Harper apologized and offered a $10.5 million compensation packageto Arar and his family, along with money for legal fees, for the "terrible ordeal"they suffered after Arar spent nearly a year in a Syrian jail.

"On behalf of the government of Canada, I wish to apologize to you…and your family for any role Canadian officials may have played in the terrible ordeal that all of you experienced in 2002 and 2003," Harper said.

"I sincerely hope that these words and actions will assist you and your family in your efforts to begin a new and hopeful chapter in your lives," he said.
Last edited by Corleone187 on Jul 4th, 2017 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
** Yes, I'm Italian! ** 😎
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
9774 posts
785 upvotes
we are literally paying known terrorists. it has finally come to that.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
29010 posts
975 upvotes
Fernando Po
Should be a lot more and paid directly by those responsible not (US President, executive, military people involved). At some point the aggressors and occupiers need to fess up and take the consquences.
"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” -HL Mencken
Jul 3, 2017
1 posts
Corleone187 wrote:
Jul 4th, 2017 1:25 am
Seems like the same $10 million and apology that Harper gave in 2007
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/harper-s- ... r-1.646481

Earlier Friday, Harper apologized and offered a $10.5 million compensation packageto Arar and his family, along with money for legal fees, for the "terrible ordeal"they suffered after Arar spent nearly a year in a Syrian jail.

"On behalf of the government of Canada, I wish to apologize to you…and your family for any role Canadian officials may have played in the terrible ordeal that all of you experienced in 2002 and 2003," Harper said.

"I sincerely hope that these words and actions will assist you and your family in your efforts to begin a new and hopeful chapter in your lives," he said.

Arar was proven innocent by the Syrian government while khardr was proven to have murdered the American medic. Not even a comparison. Not sure how the khardr family had Canadian citizenship because of his dad's strong ties to terrorism.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2012
2694 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
hagbard wrote:
Jul 4th, 2017 2:15 am
Should be a lot more and paid directly by those responsible not (US President, executive, military people involved). At some point the aggressors and occupiers need to fess up and take the consquences.
Ah, I don't remember the Americans invading Canada and I especially don't remember the Americans storming Kadir's Scarborough residence. If the Americans were occupiers of Afghanistan so to was Kadir. He and his father purposely went there to fight a war for Canada's enemies. It is treason, plain and simple, and now he is being rewarded $10 million of our money for that treason and for killing an American special forces soldier.

My only hope is that the the family of the soldier Khadir killed can collect on the $100million + wrongful death claim they won in the U.S.

Oh I wonder how much of that money is going to be used to buy his lovely jihad loving family a new house.

All this because the abhorrent U.S. Actually value life...not like the Khadrs, and saved Omar's life after he killed one of then.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
29010 posts
975 upvotes
Fernando Po
The US and Canada invaded Afghanistan, people of that heritage come to their ad, much like Muslims and Arabs did when they stood up against the Soviet invaders back when the CIA was backing the Mujahedin. I support defenders not aggressors. Those who support the actions of Canada, the US, GB, France are the aggressors, the Arabs and Muslims in those countries are the defenders. Those Canadians who supported the govt in such actions should pay for this out of their own pockets, not those of us who never did support such acts of aggression.
"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” -HL Mencken
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2002
4582 posts
363 upvotes
Infuriating decision hope that weasel and his family buy a one way ticket out of Canada and the west.
http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=14378

WENGER IN!!!!

I promise not to cut your taxes but I won't raise them either.
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
1344 posts
435 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
silky28 wrote:
Jul 4th, 2017 4:36 am
Ah, I don't remember the Americans invading Canada and I especially don't remember the Americans storming Kadir's Scarborough residence. If the Americans were occupiers of Afghanistan so to was Kadir. He and his father purposely went there to fight a war for Canada's enemies. It is treason, plain and simple, and now he is being rewarded $10 million of our money for that treason and for killing an American special forces soldier.

My only hope is that the the family of the soldier Khadir killed can collect on the $100million + wrongful death claim they won in the U.S.

Oh I wonder how much of that money is going to be used to buy his lovely jihad loving family a new house.

All this because the abhorrent U.S. Actually value life...not like the Khadrs, and saved Omar's life after he killed one of then.
Canada's enemies? You mean the terrorist state to our south?

US value life? That's why they're the biggest arms exporters and wage global war?

Value life so much they're taking away health care for tens of millions?

Yeah sure....the US "values" lives...they don't even value their own citizens lives
Last edited by Doubleshot on Jul 4th, 2017 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2004
1649 posts
249 upvotes
This is the problem with this forum. Do you guys even know why Canada was required to offer the settlement? The fact is, a Canadian citizen (a 15yr old minor, no less) was allowed to be tortured at Guantanamo Bay. The Canadian government had a duty to protect and defend him (and all citizens) from such abuse, and they failed.

Whether he committed war crimes or not, his "confession" was obtained illegally through sleep deprivation, being threatened by rape constantly, physical abuse and being left hogtied. If the US wanted to convict him, they should have stuck with normal investigative techniques that did not violate his human rights (as signed by both US and Canada) and Canada had a critical duty to ensure his rights were observed.

Instead, we have both sides of the political spectrum on RFD arguing (as usual) past each other and not even about the actual reason for the settlement. This is an embarrassment to RFD.
Dec 23, 2010
640 posts
212 upvotes
Ottawa
Wow Trudeau is funding terrorism and apologizing for terrorists while leftists around here are calling America a terrorist state. What a time to be alive. Hopefully the $134 milllion dollar payout Omar owes to the American soldiers he murdered and blinded will be able to collect every penny.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2095 posts
101 upvotes
akira1971 wrote:
Jul 4th, 2017 9:10 am
This is the problem with this forum. Do you guys even know why Canada was required to offer the settlement? The fact is, a Canadian citizen (a 15yr old minor, no less) was allowed to be tortured at Guantanamo Bay. The Canadian government had a duty to protect and defend him (and all citizens) from such abuse, and they failed.

Whether he committed war crimes or not, his "confession" was obtained illegally through sleep deprivation, being threatened by rape constantly, physical abuse and being left hogtied. If the US wanted to convict him, they should have stuck with normal investigative techniques that did not violate his human rights (as signed by both US and Canada) and Canada had a critical duty to ensure his rights were observed.

Instead, we have both sides of the political spectrum on RFD arguing (as usual) past each other and not even about the actual reason for the settlement. This is an embarrassment to RFD.
I see. It'd be great if RFD had more professionals posting and giving their thoughts rather than getting entangled in emotional arguments with people who have their own issues with the government :razz:. At least with this, I managed to get better insight into this case.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2012
2694 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
Doubleshot wrote:
Jul 4th, 2017 8:03 am
Canada's enemies? You mean the terrorist state to our south?

US value life? That's why they're the biggest arms exporters and wage global war?

Value life so much they're taking away health care for tens of millions?

Yeah sure....the US "values" lives...they don't even value their own citizens lives
No, I mean the enemies that Canada declares to be their enemies...the ones who Canada sends its military to fight. It is funny how you try to take the moral high ground on pretty much every topic but you cannot even bring yourself to say that it is wrong for Canadians to fight on the opposite side of a war in which Canadians are fighting.

American's surely do value life...that's why the same specops soldiers that Kadir tried to kill gave him the medical treatment that allowed him to live. What Americans do not value is Marxism and the idea that it is morally ok to steal from Peter to give Paul free healthcare, when Paul has arms and legs and can earn a living of his own. But you will never understand that because to your morality it is ok to steal from a person to provide a service to someone else so long as enough people approve of the theft.